Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

View Poll Results: rims...which ones
indian 153 35.17%
imported 282 64.83%
Voters: 435. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 12th November 2008, 11:39   #166

Hi guys,

I have a 2004 Santro Xing XP. Any suggestions on what type and make of alloys and tyres are to be used for my car???? Many thanks.
Old 12th November 2008, 17:39   #167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davis.K View Post
Unfortunately your theory doesnt hold the fact. It is the manufacturing process and quality control which determines strength of a wheel. There are different types of manufacturing a wheel. Technics in foundry determine strenght of a wheel for eg hot forging, cooling time, temperatures...etc.

Unfortunately all the chinese.taiwanese..and all the aura ..neos... treat a wheel as a metal piece rather than a performance product in automotive hence heavy weight and breaking ..bends, cracks etc... It doesnt mean the companies are bad.. it means for the amount of money a market can pay, they have designed their process. This is the whole reason why for eg .. a HR are 45k for 4 wheel set against Ozs , 90k for 4 wheel set.

Wheels simply wont be costly, there is specific reason for that. To my knowledge, I would prefer goin in for a oz or bbs or...... XYZ at 90k rather than junk at 45k. Why cant anyone spend 40k extra where you just get a more finished product with nice look and a big brand and ofcourse quality wise like 10 times excellent. Its just not the shape you need to look at its what is made of? and how its made? One word Big brands are made better and serve better.
I agree 100% with Davis, I would rather go for a high quality wheel than settlefor less with a low quality cast wheel.
Old 19th February 2009, 10:42   #168
BHPian

17" Rims

Dear Folks,

Have any of you heard of a brand called MR Racing for Alloy Rims? I saw a few 17" alloys with 114 PCD suitable for Civic. They come in combination of Black and Brushed Steel colors. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Where in Bangalore can you get Borbet or OZ Wheels? Any pointers?
Old 22nd February 2009, 12:20   #169
mxx
BHPian

the apollo acelere wheelz has some good designs i like, though the range is limited.
Apollo Tyres - Acelere wheelz Range

Does anyone know where I can get them in Bangalore?
Old 23rd March 2009, 20:46   #170
BHPian

Hello,

Does anyone know dealers in bangalores who stock "Prestige" brand alloys?

Thanks
Old 12th April 2009, 18:06   #171
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post
Based on research what I did for indian condition we need very strong alloys, hence most of indian alloys are heavy, I have heard Aura is much heavier than imported ones.
I wouldn't support that outlook at all. Heavy doesn't mean strong, the materials strength depends upon how it was manufactured and the elements used for the alloy.. take carbon fiber for instance - stronger than steel and lighter than aluminum.
It's sort of the same difference that separates K&N from the better built Green Filters.
Old 1st September 2009, 15:22   #172

Indian alloys cost around 24k for 4, against 16k for the imported ones.
Single wheel replacement possibility is the last thing to come in mind, if alloy wheels are really strong and dent free.
If durability is same, then why not avail of multiple design options and economy pricing from imported ones?
Old 12th September 2009, 15:35   #173
BHPian

Can someone tell me if this is a genuine wheel from HR or a fake ?
Attached Thumbnails
Indian vs Imported Rims.....which ones?-image_161.jpg  

Old 12th September 2009, 17:17   #174
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaxy View Post
Can someone tell me if this is a genuine wheel from HR or a fake ?
The logo is the original one, fake HR logos are different. It resembles H 338 design.
Mag Wheels,Automotive Wheels,Aluminum Alloy Wheels,Car Chrome Wheels,Supplier
Old 28th September 2009, 14:07   #175
Senior - BHPian

how are 'xtreme' alloys? i've been given a price of 17k for a set of 5 14" ers. shop said that they are supposed to be european <strongly doubt that> or neo 14".

they said lenso was chinese, and not worth it
Old 28th September 2009, 20:10   #176
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
how are 'xtreme' alloys? i've been given a price of 17k for a set of 5 14" ers. shop said that they are supposed to be european <strongly doubt that> or neo 14".

they said lenso was chinese, and not worth it

These Xtreme's are distributed by Fast Track Overseas, Kashmere Gate, Delhi. And these Xtreme's in Delhi are in the same league as any other Chinese stuff. Check their website http://ww.alloywheels.in/ . Moreover, I think they're Chinese, I'll confirm the same and let you know soon.

Lenso, Chinese and Not worth it . That must be Lenzo or Tenso, the fakes doing good rounds of the alloy wheels market here in Delhi. Lenso, as you know has been hailed by BHPians and there is no reason to believe the dealer.

My advice, get hook of another dealer as he might sell you some bad stuff. He's already duped you of correct information.
Old 10th October 2009, 22:10   #177
BHPian

I went to shop for Alloys for my Alto today at Chandigarh Sec-27,28 market. I want to retain the factory fitted rubber and just change the rims and total size of the wheel should remain same.

One dealer, an authorised dealer of Neo wheels was selling Neo models for Rs 11,500 and Rs 7,000 for "Chinese" makes.

He said Neo will come with lifetime warranty while Chinese wheel has none "4 saal ya 4 din chalega kuch bharosa nahi aur koi parchi ya bill nahi milega".

Neo wheels were heavier ... and were strongly recommended by the guy..

I am confused! The price difference is too steep!

Last edited by aditya101 : 10th October 2009 at 22:26.
Old 21st February 2010, 23:44   #178
Senior - BHPian

For those who feel HR/ League and other Taiwanese brands are inferior in quality and One factory produces all the brands. We buy other high end brands considering that they're manufactured in their own plants but a proof that they're outsourced too. I'm not questioning the quality of Momo, but wish to put light on the fact that don't simply go by the name and make other competitors inferior. HR and League have their own plants to manufacture the alloys and the verdict by BHPians influenced me to buy HR, a decision for which I'm indebted to BHPians.

Even Konig's packing has Made in China on it. Till the time we don't have scientific tests for their relative strength, we have to go by the time tested method to judge the quality of the wheels. Brands such as HR, League etc. are time tested on our roads and this is a proof of their quality. Guys, don't simply judge by the fact that alloys from the east are inferior rather go by what the history of these brands in India has to say.

Their website:Sportrac °Ó¥Î¨®¾T°é Áɨ®´È MOMO¾T°é ¦ã´¶§J½ü*L-¼w¤å¥ø·~¦³**¤½¥q. Welcome to Der Wen Enterprise Co.,Ltd
Attached Thumbnails
Indian vs Imported Rims.....which ones?-21022010642.jpg  

Indian vs Imported Rims.....which ones?-21022010643.jpg  

Indian vs Imported Rims.....which ones?-21022010644.jpg  

Last edited by tsk13 : 21st February 2010 at 23:52.
Old 11th March 2010, 14:07   #179
Senior - BHPian

Could someone please let me know, what is the best possible brand of Alloy that we can opt for and is available in bangalore.
Best possible in terms of quality.
And also the alloys that come in the market , do we get warranty with those or not .If warranty is not provided then is it advisable to go for those set of alloys.

Any advise will be helpful.

Cheers
Old 2nd June 2010, 18:00   #180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
Could someone please let me know, what is the best possible brand of Alloy that we can opt for and is available in bangalore.
Best possible in terms of quality.
I recommend Plati... Best in quality and fits your pocket as well.

Most Viewed