imported 282 64.83%
Voters: 435. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2006, 16:22   #106
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
Hi,

Guys this is one of the biggest question stucking to my mind. The hub dia size while getting alloys i have seen a lot of people who get the alloys whose hub dia do not meet and resulsts in high speed unstability and most of time we thing its because of not proper balancing.

I was reading sAP's thread regarding this. When he changed his alloys to aura the probem went away upto 95%. That mean for indian made cars we should go for indian made alloys like Auro and Neo (I only know these two) and should avoid the rest ones.

Please enlighten.
I have HR alloys. Initially I had a problem (heavy vibrations between 80-120), but after getting the alignment and balancing done properly, the problem has gone away.
Old 8th December 2006, 12:08   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saildrive View Post
..Thereafter I checked with him if I can get tubeless tyres fitted to the rims and he said that the car that I own will have to have new rims and tyres.
I think a tubeless can be fitted to your standard rim, it doesn't needs to be an alloy. If you are going for alloys, consider upsizing to R14 from R13 for better stability and visual appeal (if it matters).

Quote:
Apollo has started making tubeless and alloys at the same time and he could trade my tyres for about 14000 - rims and tubeless 4 pcs.
Thats a good price. You should insist for a better bargain, and go for 5 pcs (if upgrading to 14''). Apollo's alloys are the smartest among Indian brands.

Quote:
He also stated that the mileage will be good and another thing which is mentioned here above - indian warranty vs imported.

Let me know, i drive about 50-60 kms per day, 3-4 times a week, last time I checked got about 10.5 - 11.2 average. But during that time I drove a lot on national highways - 80-100 km/h.
Mileage does gets improved, but only marginally. If you are consistently getting 10.5 to 11.2 kmpl, add another 0.5 kmpl factor.
Old 9th December 2006, 17:20   #108
Awaiting Email Confirmation

hi would your 16" fit maruti swifts As I am buying a new st of tyres and wheels
Old 9th December 2006, 20:18   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul290976 View Post
hi would your 16" fit maruti swifts As I am buying a new st of tyres and wheels
Yes, 16'' would fit Swift. However ride quality would suffer.
15'' is a better and recommended choice.
Old 20th December 2006, 04:12   #110
BHPian

Go for HIJOIN .. good ones .. PM me if u need free flow exhaust .. 1 week used only .. :-))
Old 20th December 2006, 11:14   #111
BHPian

i vote for either Hijoin or neo if you want indian. The chrome on neo is the best !!! Ive had a set for the last 7 years now and the chrome is still as beautifull as ever. Just wash them and they look 95 % new!!!
Old 29th January 2007, 19:55   #112
BHPian

hey guys ... gotta serious doubt dat will a 205\40\17 will be a good one for ford ikon ....pls need expert advice cause i have ordered for one from outside... which in includes ture also....it's pricd for 40,000 ...!!! is it a good price ?
Old 29th January 2007, 21:06   #113
Senior - BHPian

CD - What tyres & wheels have you ordered? Also do remember that going to such low-profiles will hurt your car's ride & suspension big time! I have no idea how the roads in Cochin are but i'm sure they are not that good to accept 17". If you can still change your order I would recommend you go in for no more than 15" to maintain some sort of half-decent ride on our roads but again it'll never look as good as 17"
Old 30th January 2007, 02:27   #114

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
CD - What tyres & wheels have you ordered? Also do remember that going to such low-profiles will hurt your car's ride & suspension big time! I have no idea how the roads in Cochin are but i'm sure they are not that good to accept 17". If you can still change your order I would recommend you go in for no more than 15" to maintain some sort of half-decent ride on our roads but again it'll never look as good as 17"
the tyre dealer has spoken
Old 3rd February 2007, 10:23   #115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revtech View Post
hey guys help me decide on rims for my lancer....firstly

indian or imported...

and then which co...??
Hi Revtec,

I own a Swift Vxi. Got my rims imported, they have a way better finish than Indian rims, one year warranty and excellent designs. So, i definitely suggest imported rims. Mine are OZ Racing from Italy. Check out the website :::: O·Z® RACING ::::
Old 10th February 2007, 04:36   #116
BHPian

hey guys, i was planning to upgrade to 15" alloys.
my question : is it worth spending 4-5k more for 'chrome' or shall i just settle with the regular ones?
i mean is it going to be forever or will the 'chamak' go away sooner or later?
sorry for the noobish question
~cheers
Old 10th February 2007, 11:24   #117
Senior - BHPian

Ronald - The finish depends on the quality of the alloy & I've seen good quality ones preserving their chamak for upto 2 years easy. But remember this in our conditions the chrome alloys get dirtier faster than other silver/polished finished so if you plan to go for them be prepared to do a lot of elbow-grease on them!

Last edited by iraghava : 10th February 2007 at 11:27.
Old 10th February 2007, 12:52   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Ronald - The finish depends on the quality of the alloy & I've seen good quality ones preserving their chamak for upto 2 years easy. But remember this in our conditions the chrome alloys get dirtier faster than other silver/polished finished so if you plan to go for them be prepared to do a lot of elbow-grease on them!
i'd rather settle with the regular ones..
thanks for the info
Old 11th April 2007, 23:58   #119
BHPian

You havent tasted good mangoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigman View Post
. I used to think the same about mangoes until I tried the florida varities. IMHO They taste better tham the varieties you get in India (even the alphonso).

Yes Taiwan is not China, but Taiwan is also not the UK or Germany. If you ask any person in the UK what they think about stuff from Taiwan they will say cheap rubbish. I used to think things from Taiwan were OK until I encountered DVD-R and DVD+R discs manufactured in Taiwan. To say they were a pile of poo would be an understatement. In contrast discs made in Singapore and Japan were brilliant.

League are not exactly Advanti Racing, Antera, BBS, Compomotive
or TSW are they ? They may have a few extra designs but I wonder how exacting their quality control is. I have experience of the DVD media business and it was amazing to see how the Taiwanese sold blanks that were known to be of poor quality. I wonder if companies do the same with their alloys (if they cannot take a hit for a DVD blank costing a few pence to produce I doubt they will go out their way to stop grade a and grade b alloys being sold).

Neo and Aura must be doing something right if they have won orders from a few car majors.
My dear friend,

I feel that you havent tasted good mangoes in your life. Thats why you are telling 'even alphonso mangoes' come to tvpm i will arrange 'kottukonam ' mangoes for you. Dear friend you will never ever tell 'even alphonso' but may be even 'kottukonam' thereafter. We used to get more than 10000 in a season.

'salem' is also a good variety of mango.

In andhra also you get good varieties of mangoes.

And coming back to topic taiwan used to produce quality products before 25 yrs, i do remember taiwan made quality toys available in gulf and other markets through out the world. Excellent jackets, clothings all were manufactured by them. Electronic goods was their bread and butter product.

But i noticed a tendancy in this thread that many bhpians are telling eveything manufactured abroad is good, i dont think it is good for our country.
Old 12th April 2007, 12:31   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAR_GOD_666 View Post
hey guys ... gotta serious doubt dat will a 205\40\17 will be a good one for ford ikon ....pls need expert advice cause i have ordered for one from outside... which in includes ture also....it's pricd for 40,000 ...!!! is it a good price ?
#CAR_GOD_666 were you able to get the 17'' for Ikon? Does it rides well?

Last edited by scorp 1 : 12th April 2007 at 12:46.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks