View Poll Results: rims...which ones
indian 153 35.17%
imported 282 64.83%
Voters: 435. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 23rd November 2005, 15:30   #61

Rims - UK

Hi Guys

Just a note on the BBS & Compos's. The lower end stuff is manufactured and imported from the east. Only the high-end Motor Sport stuff is manufactured in Europe.

Most of the replicas and imports are from Taiwan & China. Generally, we can buy a replica diecast set of 4 (14 - 17inc) rims with low profile tyres for around 24k Rupees. They are of good quality and manage to see out our winters including snow, ice and SALT !

Thats cheap considering its only 20% of average monthly salary !!!

Split rims are far more expensive and not very many have them on their cars.

Here's a link to one online supplier :- http://www.rochfordtyres.co.uk/produ...eria=&PT_ID=67

These are fairly pricey compared to other places.
Old 7th December 2005, 11:33   #62
Senior - BHPian

the other day at the ACI Performance show there was a NEO stall.it had many different designs.most of them were seen on some car or the other but there were a couple which were brand new.and they also had spinners in 17 inch as well as 16 inch and he said he might be getting them in 15 inch too.my point is that if an indian company has decent looking ones might as well go in for that as you can get a replacement easily and you wont have to buy an entire set incase one is damadged.

Rev
Old 28th December 2005, 13:59   #63
BHPian

Indian To imported

I had initially posted that Neo's and Aura's would be a safe bet to go with. After spending a week looking in the market and the web; I take back my words and wish could repoll. The Range offered by malaysian and taiwanese manufacterers ( BSA and League )is unmatched by Indian suppliers. They are also QA certified by TUV or ISO. S

Check the links and wonder!

http://www.bsa.com.my/web/newfproduct_full.htm
http://www.league.com.tw/company.html
http://www.league.com.tw/passenger06.html

BTW , Slightly off topic , Find my favourite designs

BSA
282 Starspoke
296 Starspoke like mesh
295 Starspoke
139 Mesh
243a Star Chariot

League
191starspoke
193starspoke
142Mesh
102mesh

Old 30th December 2005, 12:02   #64
BHPian

Where can I buy League or BSA in Mumbai?

Thanks
Old 30th December 2005, 16:43   #65
BHPian

imported wheels have variety but the indian wheels have a good guarantee..........
I have neo chrome wheels with guarantee and 5 years later they are still the same, i dont say the same of Hr or Bsa though. Designs and size availability is another story though. Also finishes such as gun metal, black chrome, machined are not easily available with the indian ompanies though.

Last edited by Beeman : 30th December 2005 at 16:44.
Old 23rd January 2006, 18:23   #66
BHPian

first of all, i dont think most of us would be keeping the same car for "5" years. so the warranty or guarantee doesn't have much of an appeal. and most importantly, i dont think buying 5-6 year old designs just because of a warranty carrot being dangled makes any sense.
Old 23rd January 2006, 18:39   #67
Senior - BHPian

go for the imported ones dude.... the quality and perfection will be far superior than the indian ones... any day... the best imported wheels available in India are BBS and OZ... chk 'em out... they are expensive but probably worth it.... the OZ costs around 18k for each wheel in Chennai...
Old 26th January 2006, 10:49   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revtech
yeah your right about the one wheel replacement only aura and neo will replace one if its damaged.if you buy imported ones you will only get a set of four or five.so incase you really are keen on getting the imported ones make sure you get 5 so just incase one gets damaged you have a spare that you can use untill you replace all or sell your vehicle.

Rev
How do u guys manage with just 4 alloy rims? In case of punture, do u replace the alloys with normal stock rims. Will that not cause any problems?
Old 30th January 2006, 16:45   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise
How do u guys manage with just 4 alloy rims? In case of punture, do u replace the alloys with normal stock rims. Will that not cause any problems?
Well generally you should not do that. And especially not if you have up-sized your wheels i.e gone from a 14" to 15" and so on. You could ride on 4 alloys and keep the steel one as a spare, BUT make sure you get that alloy on as soon as possible after you get the puncture fixed. Another thing i feel is that even if you do not buy the 5th alloy piece but you should make sure that the tyre size remains the same on all 5 wheels........
Old 31st January 2006, 11:19   #70

look out for aura

Look out for AURA alloys which are an Aditya Birla Group Brand and all the car manufacturers in India are using these rims for top end models beacuse these are indian car specific and made as per the design and fittment requirements of any perticular model.

Old 31st January 2006, 16:46   #71
BHPian

The imported ones win over the indian brands because of the varitey and craftsmanship... althought Aura is now gearing up for the competition by launching designs ever so often in many sizes!!!
Old 23rd February 2006, 02:12   #72
BHPian

Hi all,

I just joined this forum after a quest for information on best alloy wheels. I want to thank each one of you for their contributions. I have a budget of around 15 grants and also met a few dealers in Bangalore to find out what best will be for my Santro xing Black... I don't intent to move to a 14 inch wheel, so I am pretty much stuck with the designs and variety. I have found a good set of Aura alloy wheels and intend to purchase it shortly. If any of you have used these brands, can you share your experiences with me? I'd like to know how durable these alloys are and how easy it is to replace them should there be a need. I do long trips on the ghats and am wondering if moving to alloys from stock wheels is a good option for me or not? This is one last question I want to clarify.

Thanks again guys,
Sudeep
Old 27th February 2006, 00:04   #73

Hello All,

The debate continues. The essence seemed to be - Go for Indian - read as Aura rims as compared to the imported one. Secondly, check if variations in colour - gun metal, gold, silver etc are avaiable with Aura before a purchase is made. Is that right??
Old 27th February 2006, 00:09   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya
go for the imported ones dude.... the quality and perfection will be far superior than the indian ones... any day... the best imported wheels available in India are BBS and OZ... chk 'em out... they are expensive but probably worth it.... the OZ costs around 18k for each wheel in Chennai...
Aditya.... 18 KKKKKKs.... for EACH wheel???
Old 27th February 2006, 00:17   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya
Yes they are cool wheels.........But beware OZ has multi PCD wheels.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks