Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th December 2020, 11:08   #106
Senior - BHPian

Re: Using Tube in Tubeless Tyre!

I have also used tube inside the tubeless tyre on my car, but only as a stop gap arrangement for a few days. If the puncture in the tubeless is beyond repair, only then we shall think of tube (as a stop gap). Many of us decide to "change over from tubeless to tubeless + tube" to avoid tyre changing cost.

D-BHPian R2D2, in some post, has rightly pointed out that in most cases, the tyre change costs somewhere around that of a tankful. Please remember this when you think a new tyre will pinch your pocket. Weigh this against the inconvenience caused by sudden flat with the tube, even if you drive slow and safe in the city.
Old 12th December 2020, 19:05   #107
BHPian

Re: Using Tube in Tubeless Tyre!

Actually ,in my case, the puncture is negligible ( as can be viewed in my previous post ) and there is no damage to the sidewall at all. I am confused with the contrasting information on the forum after going through all threads on this topic.
Some of us are absolutely against using a tube while others say it is perfectly safe.
Also I will be doing a cross country drive from bengaluru to delhi next month. Changing to a spare,though an inconvenience, does not bother me. What bothers me is the possibility of a tyre burst at high speeds on highways.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks