Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd January 2023, 10:02   #136
BHPian

Re: Wheel alignment & balancing in the NCR

Update. Wheel Balancing on Hunter Machines is much cheaper in Indirapuram (Rs.900-1100+) as compared to Dawn Auto MG Road (Rs. 1500+) or Pirelli Perfromance Center Malviya Nagar (Rs. 1900+). I went to JK Tyres Steel City, but these prices and Hunter Machines seem to par for all the OEM and non-OEM tyre showrooms on this stretch (near Indirapuram habitat centre).

I live in Central/South Delhi; surprised to see the utter lack of Hunter machines in this area. Drive to Indirapuram costs more or less the same as Dawn/Pirelli.
Old 22nd January 2023, 23:58   #137
BHPian

Hi Amit,

Thanks for the update, my friend and I were in sector 63 Noida due to some work today and Coincidentally he asked me if there's any good alignment shop nearby.
I told him that I read about this JK tyres shop that uses Hunter Machines on the forum, there wasn't much rush so got the car alignment balancing done within an hour.
Overall good experience, The total bill came out to be around Rs. 1600/-
Attached Thumbnails
Wheel alignment & balancing in the NCR-img_20230122_235247.jpg  

Old 22nd May 2023, 15:23   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamitp View Post
Update. Wheel Balancing on Hunter Machines is much cheaper in Indirapuram (Rs.900-1100+) as compared to Dawn Auto MG Road (Rs. 1500+) or Pirelli Perfromance Center Malviya Nagar (Rs. 1900+). I went to JK Tyres Steel City, but these prices and Hunter Machines seem to par for all the OEM and non-OEM tyre showrooms on this stretch (near Indirapuram habitat centre).

I live in Central/South Delhi; surprised to see the utter lack of Hunter machines in this area. Drive to Indirapuram costs more or less the same as Dawn/Pirelli.
Pls note that all hunter machines are not the same, there are features across the models which again have a significant cost to the models:-

3 types of aligners within Hunter,
Hawkeye 221 apprx 10 lakhs
Hawkeye 222 apprx 12.5 lakhs
Hawkeye Elite apprx 15 lakhs

Balancers:-
Smart weight Pro 5.5 lakh
GSP 9200 Touch 6 lakhs
Smart weigh Elite 9 lakhs
Auto 34R 12 lakhs
Road Force Elite 14.5 lakh
Revolution 24 lakhs

Tyre Changers
TCX 45 2 lakhs
TCX 52 2.5
TCX 54 3.3
TCX 54 with Bead Press 5lakhs
TCX 57 9 lakhs

Plus 18% GST plus transport and installation charges plus some add on accessories. Pls note these are old prices from a couple of years back and now may have increased

So check out who has what specific equipment as again just all hunters are not same but differ on features and thus the enhanced costs between various shops.

Also for reference you can look at Hoffman machine prices (Johnbean and Bluepoint all are sister brands of Snap On being offered the same machines with diff names just like Skoda Rapid and VW Vento, just that John Bean equipment comes in red colour while Hoffman and Bluepoint use blue colour)

Aligners
Geoliner 4 lakhs
Pyramid 5 lakhs
Geoliner Gold 9 lakhs
Geoliner Platinum 12 lakhs

Balancers
Geodyna Basic 1.25 lakh
Geodyna 7100 1.55 lakh
Geodyna 7300 3 lakh
Geodyna 7600 3.5 lakh
Geodyna 9000 14 lakh

Tyre Changers
Geodyna 800 1 lakh
Monty 1000 1.25 lakh
Monty 2500 1.5 lakh
Monty 1275 1.65 lakh
Monty 3300 2.25 lakh
Monty 3300 3.65 lakh

From a layman point of view, majority of us as customers just look at the prices being charged but there is vast difference that each of these models or brands offer. So considering Johnbean/Hoffman as a cheaper equipment is not right just supposing that any Hunter equipment is the same. In one word Snap On is like Toyota which has glanza at Rs 7 lakh to a Velfire priced at Rs 1 Crore, while Hunter is like Mercedez Benz with limited models and a starting price of 42 lakhs. So end of the day just as Quality counts, its the features of these individual equipment counts and end of the day"We get What we pay".

From the above price lists you can establish a basic wheel alignment shop with balancer, aligner, tyre changer, pit, compressor and a nitrogen machine plus tools from Hoffman for Rs 16-20 lakhs or just afford to buy only one specific equipment from Hunter.

Now the last point of maybe individual shops in Delhi-NCR maybe using the same equipment but having different charges, Tirecity Perelli at Malvia Nagar pays around upwards of Rs 2.5 lakhs while for the same space in Gurgoan and Noida maybe less than a 1.5 lakh, this increases the overheads on the shops in Delhi hence maybe a little bit of higher pricing. From a customer point of view, would a Delhite travel 18 kms one side to Gurugram or Noida to save Rs 400? (4 litres petrol is Rs 387 plus wear and tear plus time plus the risk of being in traffic for a longer time or would it be ideal to look for shop which has the best equipment paired with the a good technician.

Disclaimer:- Above rates or models may not be specific but just a wild collection of data from my limited available sources.

Last edited by raja_ys : 22nd May 2023 at 15:26.
raja_ys is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th May 2023, 12:40   #139
BHPian

I just wanted to post this to warn all the members of Team BHP to avoid going to Resham Tyres in Indirapuram. Went there to get my car’s wheel balancing, alignment and tyre rotation done as I got to know they had Hunter equipment; came back with several scratches on my vehicle. The mechanics are ignorant and careless and the management has a “don’t give a damn” attitude. The mechanics are ill trained and don’t know where are a vehicle’s jacking points are. To save time they just jack a vehicle either from under delicate suspension components or the floor leading to potential damage and expensive repairs. They also pull their pneumatic tools’ hoses all over vehicles while tightening or loosening lug nuts of wheels or filling air/nitrogen, leading to scratches and other paint damage. Also, when it comes to paying the bill, they charge extra if you pay using a credit card. I do NOT recommend them at all.
RedPhobos is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th April 2024, 16:13   #140

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedPhobos View Post
I just wanted to post this to warn all the members of Team BHP to avoid going to Resham Tyres in Indirapuram.
Hey, Any new WA/ WB shop you found in Noida/ South Delhi/ whole of NCR

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks