Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th October 2014, 19:30   #91
Senior - BHPian

Re: Update on left pulling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rana_kirti View Post
hi guys,

i first went to a alignment shop where the guy told me my front tyre is a little behind and the right tyre is a little ahead which is causing left pulling. he came to this conclusion by measuring the gap from wheel arc to tyre with his fingers but when i measured same i could not feel the difference.

next day i went to different alignment shop close to my house where the front and right were swapped inside out left to right since they are unidirectional. for a few days the it seemed the left pulling is completely solved but since yesterday after filling air again left pulling has started. i rechecked air again from another pump today and the left pulling is still there.

now tomorrow i plan to go the the hunter shop that bharatsomany has mentioned. hopefully they can sort out the issue or else i only have 2 options...

Option 1.

install 185 60 15 apollo alnac from my vw service advisor who has promised that the left pulling will be solved as he say that my current 205 55 15 hankooks are faulty. i'm not sure whether to trust him or not but seems like i don't have much of a choice here.

when i drove the car on day of delivery from showroom to my house 20 kms i never noticed left pulling and it drove straight. the next day i upgraded to 195 60 15 3st and since then the left pulling has started. after 10 days i went to 205 55 15 and the left pulling has stayed with me since then.

Option 2.

Buy S drive 205 55 15 and hope they don't pull left.

What say guys ? i'm quite confused.

Thanks,

Rana.
Please post your alignment readings when you got your alignment done last.

How much does it pull and at what speed ? If on 205 tyres it pulls a little bit at say 140 kmph, then I would say, that's all right. By little bit I mean at 140, the car will slowly start 'drifting' to the left.
Old 21st October 2014, 14:01   #92
BANNED

I went to do alignment again at "tyre hub" as suggested by bharatsomany.

the equipment there is truly world class. the car is high lifted on a lift and the Hunter hawk eye then gives out reading on a screen.

Post alignment at tyre hub I can say that the left pulling is solved by 85 to 90 %. now the car pulls to left slowly on releasing steering. earlier it was almost immediately after releasing steering.

the tyre hub guy told me to still take it vw workshop to get that last 10% rectified which he feels could be due to a bent arm or knuckle or shocker on the left side.

the hunter report shows left caster in red.

this has left me a bit confused.
Attached Thumbnails
Wheel alignment & balancing in the NCR-1413879794088.jpg  

Last edited by rana_kirti : 21st October 2014 at 14:02.
Old 2nd November 2014, 21:07   #93
BHPian

Re: Update on left pulling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rana_kirti View Post
hi guys,

i first went to a alignment shop where the guy told me my front tyre is a little behind and the right tyre is a little ahead which is causing left pulling. he came to this conclusion by measuring the gap from wheel arc to tyre with his fingers but when i measured same i could not feel the difference.

next day i went to different alignment shop close to my house where the front and right were swapped inside out left to right since they are unidirectional. for a few days the it seemed the left pulling is completely solved but since yesterday after filling air again left pulling has started. i rechecked air again from another pump today and the left pulling is still there.

now tomorrow i plan to go the the hunter shop that bharatsomany has mentioned. hopefully they can sort out the issue or else i only have 2 options...

Option 1.

install 185 60 15 apollo alnac from my vw service advisor who has promised that the left pulling will be solved as he say that my current 205 55 15 hankooks are faulty. i'm not sure whether to trust him or not but seems like i don't have much of a choice here.

when i drove the car on day of delivery from showroom to my house 20 kms i never noticed left pulling and it drove straight. the next day i upgraded to 195 60 15 3st and since then the left pulling has started. after 10 days i went to 205 55 15 and the left pulling has stayed with me since then.

Option 2.

Buy S drive 205 55 15 and hope they don't pull left.

What say guys ? i'm quite confused.

Thanks,

Rana.

Rana,
I very seriously doubt that the left pulling is due to the tyres since you state you have observed the problem with 2 different sizes and patterns of tyre. So I would certainly not consider Option 1 after having spent the money for a new set!

As for option 2, I find myself as confused or maybe more confused than you.
Since you have also swapped the tyres from side to side, my reasoning tells me the problem cannot be due to the tyres as they should now pull right! But then again, since you state they are uni-directional, even this does not hold. That said, I personally never buy uni-directional tyres, so I have no experience to co-relate left-pulling to tread-pattern.

I would strongly suggest you get the suspension checked in a comprehensive manner, then perfectly adjust the tyre pressures and get the alignment done with personal attention. If this does not solve the problem, then any guess would be as good as the other and you might actually want to get a new set of tyres.
bharatsomany is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2015, 12:42   #94
BHPian

Re: Wheel alignment & balancing in the NCR

Any Gurgaon tyre shops with the Hunter RoadForce equipment?
Old 26th November 2015, 01:53   #95
BHPian

Hey guys the caster alignment of my old Honda City 2003 is off, the car's steering wheel does not move back to the straight position on turns. I need to get this checked out ASAP. The mechanic we gave our car to gave it for steering wheel alignment somewhere and I think they effed it up.

Need a good place that could do the job in South Delhi, near Saket if possible or I wouldn't mind traveling either.
Old 26th November 2015, 14:48   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sibot View Post
Need a good place that could do the job in South Delhi, near Saket if possible or I wouldn't mind traveling either.
T-MART Tire Shop
338, Mehrauli-Gurgaon Rd, Nathupur
Sector 24, Sikanderpur, Haryana 122002

Cheers!

Vinu
Old 16th July 2019, 13:00   #97
BHPian

Hi

Does anyone know a good tyre shop for wheel alignment and balancing for my E class in noida or south Delhi. Would prefer a shop using Hunter RoadForce equipment.Considering Tyre dynamics in sector 63 .
Old 16th July 2019, 13:18   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayanttalwar View Post
Hi

Does anyone know a good tyre shop for wheel alignment and balancing for my E class in noida or south Delhi. Would prefer a shop using Hunter RoadForce equipment.Considering Tyre dynamics in sector 63 .
Tyre Dynamics has good equipment, knowledgeable staff. Been there couple of times. The gentleman sitting at the reception will force you to buy stuff that you don't want to buy. Apart from this one thing, its a good place.
sinharishi is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2019, 13:47   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Try Pirelli Tyre Point, East of Kailash. Google for exact location.
roby_dk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2019, 14:19   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roby_dk View Post
How much does it cost?
Old 16th July 2019, 17:13   #101
BHPian

Quote:
How much does it cost?

Alignment and Balancing cost for Ford Endeavour was approx 2k.
roby_dk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2020, 17:03   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roby_dk View Post
For the benefit of all, i am posting my experience here with Tyre Point in East of Kailash. The staff and the Hunter machine is awesome. Got my new VW Ameo DSG sorted out - perfect allignment, wheel centering all done in 10 mins flat and paid miniscule 600/-.

Prior to this i went to 2 places renowned for Wheel allignment and nothing made my new baby happy.
namit is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st August 2020, 15:55   #103
BHPian

Status as of 31-Sep-2020.

Chadha Tyre has closed.
Pirelli tyre hub, East of Kailash is temporarily closed. No idea when will it open again.

Seems Corona has taken its toll.

Will update about Star wheels tomorrow.
But it seems that people without Capital expenses are going to rule the market. i.e. the people investing in only a thread.
low_rider is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st August 2020, 21:53   #104
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_rider View Post
Status as of 31-Sep-2020.
East of Kailash is temporarily closed. No idea when will it open again.
You mean 31 August

Pirelli centre had plans to shift to Faridabad. I will find out what’s the status. Their rental was huge and the landlord was not supportive. Yes, their balancing machine was best that I have experienced anywhere.
Old 2nd September 2020, 18:31   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_rider View Post
Pirelli tyre hub, East of Kailash is temporarily closed. No idea when will it open again.
Just a while back I saw NEXA branding coming up at the same location, so I guess its closed forever.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks