Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2011, 18:47   #76
BHPian

Re: Wheel alignment & balancing in the NCR

Hi,

While going through the mails, would Singh Shoppe in CR be the best option for alignment? I have come from Lahaul & Spiti and need to get my Pajero's wheel alignment done preferably computerised, before I move on towards Bangalore? I am based in Safdarjung Enclave.

TIA
Old 16th October 2011, 02:35   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indianrunner
Hi,

While going through the mails, would Singh Shoppe in CR be the best option for alignment? I have come from Lahaul & Spiti and need to get my Pajero's wheel alignment done preferably computerised, before I move on towards Bangalore? I am based in Safdarjung Enclave.

TIA
There is this guy named Javed Ali @ Shell bunk opp. PM's house. He does a fantastic job. But just as you mentioned, want to let you that he does the job manually and not computerized.
Old 20th October 2011, 16:20   #78

A little off-topic, but please help me to find a good tyre shop in gurgaon selling bridgestones at a reasonable price. Looking for ER60 for my punto epack. The quote i got from a guy on sohna road (just opposite to JMD gardens with a big yokohama signboard) is for 4700/per tyre for ER60 and 4200 for RE88, which i think is on the expensive side. Does the BS dealer on sikanderpur would be better bet, if not in terms of price but genuineness, warranty, etc. Please help guys.
Old 20th October 2011, 20:43   #79
BHPian

Hi MS,

You can try Star Wheels near Payal Cinema who is also referred to earlier in these posts.

In addition to the excellent alignment facilities, he also stocks tyres.

Cheers
Old 21st October 2011, 10:53   #80

Hi IR,

Thanks for the heads-up mate. I too was thinking of going to star wheels after having gone the entire thread but was wondering if he was just an alignment guy or did he stocked tyres too. Actually have recently shifted to gurgaon so not much familiar with the commercial topography of this place. Now i know. Shall be going over to him this weekend. Need to replace tyres fast as steering has started to wobble now.
Old 12th October 2012, 09:24   #81

Hi is there any place close to sector-56 gurgaon where one can get wheel alignment done? There are a lot of tyre shops near wazirabad(where the service centre for honda, maruti, hyundai and vw are located). Any one of them as good as the ones recommended here? Star Wheels is a little out of the way for me. Thanks!
Old 15th March 2013, 19:15   #82
BHPian

After having gone through the thread completely i am completely confused on the options available for me, i stay near Dhaula Kuan and can anyone suggest a good computerised Wheel alignment and balancing center, of course, i can even go uptill Gurgaon for this as i understand to find something very near to Dhaula Kuan will be very difficult.
Old 19th March 2013, 12:45   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeshchand View Post
After having gone through the thread completely i am completely confused on the options available for me, i stay near Dhaula Kuan and can anyone suggest a good computerised Wheel alignment and balancing center, of course, i can even go uptill Gurgaon for this as i understand to find something very near to Dhaula Kuan will be very difficult.
Star Wheels in Gurgaon Sector 15 is your best option.

Take a right from under exit 7 (Crown Plaza) towards old Gurgaon to reach this place.
Old 26th March 2013, 20:19   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitahuja View Post

Star Wheels in Gurgaon Sector 15 is your best option.

Take a right from under exit 7 (Crown Plaza) towards old Gurgaon to reach this place.
Ankit, thanks for helping. While searching for this place i bumped on another tyre shop which had the computerised system, this particular shop is just near to Kataria chowk, will post full details once i get hold of the bill. He did a wonderful job, i have got the right driving alignment which i never ever got from BMW workshop, i can guarantee his work due to the fact that i drove all the way from Delhi to Manali and could see how well the vehicle was balanced. After completing the computerised job he also checked using the thread technique and then did some more adjustments. I give 10 / 10 rating. Will post the address later.
Old 11th May 2014, 16:08   #85
BHPian

Was looking for a good wheel alignment place in NCR and who better to check up with than TBHP.
Went to a few places who did not have the machine I wanted or a pit long enough to do adjustment for both front and rear or a lift .
Saw the pictures ( in this thread )for the Tyre Dynamics in sector 16 noida so drove down there. Got there at 10:00 but had to wait till the place opens at 11:00. When they opened , I was disappointed to see no lift and a small pit.
The worker there told me to goto there place in sector 63 Noida.
First impressions were good . Two lifts , clean and plenty of space.
Overall I will give this place 8 out 10. The mechanic knew his work and was able to answer almost all my questions except when I asked him I want the thrust angle to be 0.00 but when I pointed it out to him on the screen he agreed and did not argue.
I am happy with the work and will use them in the future.
Wheel alignment & balancing in the NCR-imageuploadedbyteambhp1399804511.958518.jpgWheel alignment & balancing in the NCR-imageuploadedbyteambhp1399804530.173520.jpgWheel alignment & balancing in the NCR-imageuploadedbyteambhp1399804552.303626.jpgWheel alignment & balancing in the NCR-imageuploadedbyteambhp1399804580.693943.jpg
Sem80-88 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2014, 17:40   #86
BANNED

hey guys,

i'm experiencing left pulling on my 2 month old polo after upgrading to 205 55 15.

i have visited a alignment shop near my house 2 times but problem persists. i have also visited vw workshop twice but the left pulling it still there and my service advisor told me that the left pulling is a result due to me upgrading to 205 55 15 tyres. he says that my upgraded tyres are faulty and that the left pulling will be 100 % solved if i installed 185 60 15 apollo alnac from him.

but i just want to be sure before i pay money a second time to get new tyres and go back to 185 60 15.

Please suggest to me the most state of the art with the best equipment and reputed Tyre Alignment shop in delhi ncr. I'm looking for an expert who knows what they are doing and can provide a remedy for this problem. i'm willing to travel any part of delhi ncr to get this sorted.

Thanks a ton.

Last edited by rana_kirti : 29th September 2014 at 17:41.
Old 29th September 2014, 21:26   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rana_kirti View Post
hey guys,
i'm experiencing left pulling on my 2 month old polo after upgrading to 205 55 15.
There is a slight left pulling in most german cars and there is no way out to solve it. My Vento also has slight left pull from day 1 and with repeated alignments, it still goes to the left a bit , friend's Rapid also behaves the same way.
Unless it is major, i would advise you to live with it, if the pull is considerable, try getting alignment done from a good shop. I get mine done from Manish tyres, Dwarka and my 195/60 R15 bridgestones are doing well with even wear at 30,000 kms.

As the S drives are unidirectional, try swapping the tyres inside out and rotate them from left to right up front.
Old 30th September 2014, 14:37   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Please suggest to me the most state of the art with the best equipment and reputed Tyre Alignment shop in delhi ncr. I'm looking for an expert who knows what they are doing and can provide a remedy for this problem. i'm willing to travel any part of delhi ncr to get this sorted.
I have been visiting Javed for wheel balancing and alignment for more then a decade now, no fancy equipments, he still uses the good old thread method for alignment.

His contact details and address

Javed Ali
Shell Bunk, Club Road, near Delhi Gymkhana
opp. 7 RCR (Prime Minister's house).
Bubby is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2014, 15:42   #89
BHPian

Quote:
hey guys,

i have visited a alignment shop near my house 2 times but problem persists. i have also visited vw workshop twice but the left pulling it still there and my service advisor told me that the left pulling is a result due to me upgrading to 205 55 15 tyres. he says that my upgraded tyres are faulty and that the left pulling will be 100 % solved if i installed 185 60 15 apollo alnac from him.

but i just want to be sure before i pay money a second time to get new tyres and go back to 185 60 15.

Thanks a ton.
rana_kirti,
I was recently researching the very same thing (best alignment and balancing centres in Delhi) and came up with this:

ALIGNMENT (using a Hunter Engineering "HawkEye" system):
Tyre Hub (MRF) - Delhi
25, Rajdhani Enclave, Pitampura, Delhi - 110034.
Mr. Sanjay
+918750668554

BALANCING (using a Hunter Engineering "GSP9700" RoadForce Balancer):
Chadha Service Station
Outside Delhi Gate,
Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg,
New Delhi - 110002.
Mr. Rajiv Chadha
+919810082404

I do realise that everyone would not be willing to go to 2 different places for balancing and alignment respectively, but these are really the very best equipment for the job.
I got the details of both these places directly from the authorised representatives of the Hunter Engineering Company, here in India. They go by the name of Madhus Garage Equipments Private Limited and I seem to recollect a mention elsewhere on the forum too.

Anyone know of other places with this equipment?

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
There is a slight left pulling in most german cars and there is no way out to solve it. My Vento also has slight left pull from day 1 and with repeated alignments, it still goes to the left a bit , friend's Rapid also behaves the same way.
Unless it is major, i would advise you to live with it, if the pull is considerable, try getting alignment done from a good shop. I get mine done from Manish tyres, Dwarka and my 195/60 R15 bridgestones are doing well with even wear at 30,000 kms.

As the S drives are unidirectional, try swapping the tyres inside out and rotate them from left to right up front.
coolboy007,
The slight-left-pulling is by no means a German Car thing. Even with perfect alignment, nearly ever car will exhibit this behaviour simply because the roads have a slight camber for water drainage! If you must, the way to ensure 100% accurate straight-line motion is on a perfectly level road!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubby View Post
I have been visiting Javed for wheel balancing and alignment for more then a decade now, no fancy equipments, he still uses the good old thread method for alignment.

Javed Ali
Bubby,
No offence, but proper alignment is much more easily and repeatably achieved with more accurate instruments and equipment. As honest as your buddy Javed might be, it is NOT possible to get that kind of accuracy using a thread!

Last edited by bharatsomany : 4th October 2014 at 15:44.
bharatsomany is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th October 2014, 19:19   #90
BANNED

Update on left pulling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubby View Post

Javed Ali
Quote:
Originally Posted by bharatsomany View Post
rana_kirti,
I was recently researching the very same thing (best alignment and balancing centres in Delhi) and came up with this:

ALIGNMENT (using a Hunter Engineering "HawkEye" system):
Tyre Hub (MRF) - Delhi
25, Rajdhani Enclave, Pitampura, Delhi - 110034.
Mr. Sanjay
+918750668554

BALANCING (using a Hunter Engineering "GSP9700" RoadForce Balancer):
Chadha Service Station
Outside Delhi Gate,
Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg,
New Delhi - 110002.
Mr. Rajiv Chadha
+919810082404

I do realise that everyone would not be willing to go to 2 different places for balancing and alignment respectively, but these are really the very best equipment for the job.
I got the details of both these places directly from the authorised representatives of the Hunter Engineering Company, here in India. They go by the name of Madhus Garage Equipments Private Limited and I seem to recollect a mention elsewhere on the forum too.

Anyone know of other places with this equipment?

coolboy007,
The slight-left-pulling is by no means a German Car thing. Even with perfect alignment, nearly ever car will exhibit this behaviour simply because the roads have a slight camber for water drainage! If you must, the way to ensure 100% accurate straight-line motion is on a perfectly level road!

Bubby,
No offence, but proper alignment is much more easily and repeatably achieved with more accurate instruments and equipment. As honest as your buddy Javed might be, it is NOT possible to get that kind of accuracy using a thread!
hi guys,

i first went to a alignment shop where the guy told me my front tyre is a little behind and the right tyre is a little ahead which is causing left pulling. he came to this conclusion by measuring the gap from wheel arc to tyre with his fingers but when i measured same i could not feel the difference.

next day i went to different alignment shop close to my house where the front and right were swapped inside out left to right since they are unidirectional. for a few days the it seemed the left pulling is completely solved but since yesterday after filling air again left pulling has started. i rechecked air again from another pump today and the left pulling is still there.

now tomorrow i plan to go the the hunter shop that bharatsomany has mentioned. hopefully they can sort out the issue or else i only have 2 options...

Option 1.

install 185 60 15 apollo alnac from my vw service advisor who has promised that the left pulling will be solved as he say that my current 205 55 15 hankooks are faulty. i'm not sure whether to trust him or not but seems like i don't have much of a choice here.

when i drove the car on day of delivery from showroom to my house 20 kms i never noticed left pulling and it drove straight. the next day i upgraded to 195 60 15 3st and since then the left pulling has started. after 10 days i went to 205 55 15 and the left pulling has stayed with me since then.

Option 2.

Buy S drive 205 55 15 and hope they don't pull left.

What say guys ? i'm quite confused.

Thanks,

Rana.

Last edited by rana_kirti : 19th October 2014 at 19:23.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks