Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2016, 10:13   #286
BHPian

Re: Honda City : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Guys in Delhi/NCR - If anyone has recently got the P3ST or Earth 1 or any other in 195/60/15 please can you confirm the shop and cost?

Thanks!
Old 16th June 2016, 22:30   #287
BHPian

Hi Friends I am planning to get Alloy wheels replaced in my new Honda City which will be delivered on Saturday.

I do not have high budget to afford brands like Momo, Sparco and the like.

Among he budget brands, which one do you recommend. I have options of HRS, Evo, GTR, Plati in display. Which of the above mentioned brands do you think is a safer bet? I am leaning more towards HRS at the moment.
Old 24th June 2016, 17:36   #288
CGB
BHPian

Went through the entire thread. Two choices.

1. 195/60R15- Michelin XM2 or P3ST
2. 195/60R15- Continental Comfortcontact

Seniors please help me to decide between the two.

Last edited by CGB : 24th June 2016 at 17:37. Reason: Missed a model
Old 25th June 2016, 11:11   #289
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihkhan View Post
Hi Friends I am planning to get Alloy wheels replaced in my new Honda City which will be delivered on Saturday.

I do not have high budget to afford brands like Momo, Sparco and the like.

Among he budget brands, which one do you recommend. I have options of HRS, Evo, GTR, Plati in display. Which of the above mentioned brands do you think is a safer bet? I am leaning more towards HRS at the moment.
HRS is a very decent option and so is Plati. Make sure it's a reputed brand even if it's Chinese, Thai or Malaysian. HRS would be recommended by most.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGB View Post
Went through the entire thread. Two choices.

1. 195/60R15- Michelin XM2 or P3ST
2. 195/60R15- Continental Comfortcontact

Seniors please help me to decide between the two.
Should depend on how much do you drive everyday and under what conditions (simple city drive/high speed/highways). Michelin is expensive, comfort based, no noise etc. Else you go for anything cheaper
Old 25th June 2016, 13:39   #290
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitahuja View Post
HRS is a very decent option and so is Plati. Make sure it's a reputed brand even if it's Chinese, Thai or Malaysian. HRS would be recommended by most.
Hi, thank you for the informaton. I decided to stretch my budget and picked up MOMO Alloys for my Honda City yesterday.
Old 4th December 2016, 12:37   #291
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihkhan View Post
Hi, thank you for the informaton. I decided to stretch my budget and picked up MOMO Alloys for my Honda City yesterday.
Did you upsize the wheels?

I am planning to upsize my current set of alloy wheels to 16 inchers. But is there any performance degradation if I do so? I really do not want to lose out on the acceleration.
I also do not want to lower the ground clearance. Thanks in advance!
Old 4th January 2017, 20:47   #292

Simple advice needed on tyres for a Newbie

Hi

I have a 7 year old Honda City, recently when it went for servicing, the service centre guy says the tires need changing. How do I figure out if they really need to be changed? Can someone suggest a reliable person/company - in Western Suburbs - near Santacruz/Andheri - who I can go to, to check it out?

And if replacement required, what kind of tyres should I buy - any suggested brand , size etc. I have no special needs. 90% of my driving is in Mumbai city, we go to Pune once a month or so, thats all. I tried figuring out from the forum, how to select a tyre but it seems too complicated, too many variables, and anyway I plan to sell this car in about 18 months, so dont want to spend a fortune on any fancy tyres

Any advice will be appreciated.

Thanks- Peter
Old 4th January 2017, 21:41   #293
Team-BHP Support

Re: Simple advice needed on tyres for a Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by petertheo View Post
How do I figure out if they really need to be changed?
====
anyway I plan to sell this car in about 18 months, so dont want to spend a fortune on any fancy tyres
There are two factors that can decide the change, one the age of the tyres. If it is more than 5 year old then there is a case, especially since you mentioned once a week trip to Pune, assuming you are using expressway. Old rubber and such high speed roads are not a good idea.

Second is the kilometres the current tyres have done and the wear, if the tyres have done 40000 kms or more, you should get them checked at a professional shop. If you know how to figure out the tyre wear indicator, then use that technique to decide if it is needed.

Now if both of the above are true, then you should definitely change the tyres.

As far as which tyre and since you are selling the car in 18 months, stick to stock size and buy the most reasonably priced tyre from a reputed brand. Looking online for deals might help you save a little more.
Old 4th January 2017, 22:49   #294
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
As far as which tyre and since you are selling the car in 18 months, stick to stock size and buy the most reasonably priced tyre from a reputed brand. Looking online for deals might help you save a little more.
An online buy may not get you the opportunity to exchange your old car tyres for whatever scrap value they'll fetch - ok a few hundred rupees but something.

Sale in 18 months - feel free to get whatever cheap / good tyre (MRF, Apollo) you like rather than splashing out on Bridgestone or Michelin.
Old 4th January 2017, 22:56   #295
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
An online buy may not get you the opportunity to exchange your old car tyres for whatever scrap value they'll fetch - ok a few hundred rupees but something.

Sale in 18 months - feel free to get whatever cheap / good tyre (MRF, Apollo) you like rather than splashing out on Bridgestone or Michelin.
Online usually will have local install as a package, and there you can sell the old tyres, and gone are the days when MRF and Apollo were cheapest Try Falken they have some pretty good tyres and great prices, especially online like Paytm.
Old 4th January 2017, 23:07   #296
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Online usually will have local install as a package, and there you can sell the old tyres, and gone are the days when MRF and Apollo were cheapest Try Falken they have some pretty good tyres and great prices, especially online like Paytm.
I have always been leery of buying from Paytm for some reason, maybe too many horror stories, and many of the merchants for car parts seem to be in the "congested road full of car parts stores" equivalent in for example Ludhiana.

I hesitate to shop at such places unless known / recommended even in my local Chennai, and that too only after face to face checking of the goods. Buying it online from such a dealer is inviting trouble

Falken if there are deals online there should be others offline as well, I will check it out another 30k odd km down the line, I have a set of bridgestones that have only done around 11k km now. Thanks for the tip!
Old 14th January 2017, 08:47   #297
BHPian

I am thinking about replacing the stock Michelin XM1 tyres on my 2012 Honda City E-MT that has stock steel wheels.

I was thinking of upsizing my tyres to 195/60/R15 with XM2 or Primacy 3ST. However, I read in this forum that such upsizing is recommended only on alloy wheels. Is that correct?

Last edited by asitkde : 14th January 2017 at 08:48.
Old 14th January 2017, 21:19   #298
BHPian

I got myself the full set of Continental MC5 195/60/R15 tyres to replace my 4 year old Michelin XM1 stock (175/65/R15) tyres. The tyres are still on the stock steel wheels. However, I shall replace the steel rims with alloys in the coming months.

The 15 km drive home (took the car a bit around to get a feel of the tyres) showed a few remarkable qualities:
  • Almost no road noise
  • Road imperfections were dealt with very very smoothly.
  • The car basically glided at 80 kmph and felt like 50 kmph or so.

Of course, the car always felt very planted, yet very light. I shall post more about this new experience of mine with more kilometres. I have never owned Continental before, and settled for this over the Michelins & Yokohamas (Bridgestones have fallen out of favour for me recently). Time will tell.
asitkde is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th March 2017, 13:36   #299
BHPian

Got Yoko Earth-1 195/60 yesterday from Lokmanya Tyres, Pune for my 2010 Honda City. Good experience overall with the store.

The owner Ashish Kuklarni is quite knowledgeable but not intrusive or pushy. Price-wise and service-wise I give Lokmanya a thumbs up .
Only niggle is that they don't have alignment centre of their own and we needed to drive off to another store around a km away which took 15 minutes of extra time. Overall, I was done with selection, alignment, balancing and payments in less than two hours. I reached the store in the morning sharp at 10 (opening time).
Old 26th March 2017, 18:10   #300
BHPian

Hi, i plan to replace the stock Goodyears on my ANHC. The GYs have gone near bald in just 43000 kms. They've also become very noisy. I am looking at replacing tyres in the stock ANHC size only. Dont want to upsize. The options that I've shortlisted are Yokohama Earth 1s, Bridgestone Turanza AR20 and the Apollo Alnac 4G.

I am specifically not looking at Michelin XM2s as I had a bad experience on my earlier City ZX. There were multiple and repeated punctures after just 10000 kms. I drive exclusively in the city mostly on the WEH.

My priorities are ride quality, low noise and most importantly less prone to punctures. Appreciate any suggestions.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks