Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st November 2016, 19:42   #226
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fiat Linea : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sivasankar View Post
Eagerly waiting for your review as my car is also due for a change from the OEM NCTs of the same size
Do consider Michelin P3ST as well, have the same on my Linea, love the silent & comfy ride!
finneyp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2016, 21:41   #227
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sivasankar View Post
Eagerly waiting for your review as my car is also due for a change from the OEM NCTs of the same size

Sorry man, had to take the train back and leave the car at home but did manage close to 300 kms. The tyres have changed the entire feel of the car. It's like driving a different vehicle almost, hardly any road noise which used to make me turn up the volume of the USB player earlier , soaks up the small bumps way better than the stock nct5 and the steering feels softer . Super happy with my choice.
Old 30th November 2016, 19:53   #228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIAT3031 View Post
Sad to say,
opted for the MRF ZLO tires despite the issue of humming noise reported by BHPians, I am facing the same issue.

Between MRF & Conti I decided to go for the MRF owing to good relations with MRF (store owner) and expecting ease of service ( incase of stock Goodyear tires I needed to travel 40kms to get the tires checked for some issue)

Anyhow, continuing with the humming noise 40~60kms/ hr speed , I went to MRF T&F store (place of purchase) who test drove and acknowledged the humming noise.
The mechanic said " Sir this is not an issue with the tires rather its the axle / car related noise"
Without saying much I approached Kashyap Fiat in Noida and had the vehicle thoroughly checked.....and like I had expected .. the issue turns out to be of "THE TIRES"

I went back to MRF and reported the same. Thankfully this time the MRF T&F owner (known him for 15 odd years) said that he spoke to MRF and they have acknowledged the issue in these tires (quoted a similar instance in Corolla)

So coming Friday (28th Oct) the tech guy from MRF will be rotating the tires by 180 degree or inverting them inside out to test them again.
Basis that they will decide further .

I hope they give me my money back.... I'll jump to Conti and if need be travel whatever kilometer it takes incase of any issue.

Will keep you guys posted ...
In continuation to my above post.....
As always this one turned out to be a happy ending.
Thanks to Anurag & Nikhil who I pestered with my queries.

Apparently MRF guys agreed to give me a refund or replacement for my ZLO TIRES.
I opted for refund.
As soon I was given the option I did not wait and went ahead to buy Conti MC5
Each @₹4400 (all incl.)
Returned the MRF at the dealer and got a message from MRF the following day about a small deduction of ₹550 towards wear
& tear ( apparently I'd done 5k kms on them)

As for the Conti, they're really good. P3ST would cost around ₹5800 per tire. But considering the huge amount I'd have to pay I opted for MC5.
The humming noise definitely vanished

My Linea feels more fun to drive sans the humming
FIAT3031 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2017, 15:17   #229
BHPian

I have a 2012 Linea TJet+ which has run 32k kms in 5 years.
Over the last 15-20 days i have been getting a sound from the front, under the bonnet.
It's a rotating sound (like humming) which is present only during the speeds of 30-40km/hr. The vibrations (though slight) in this speed range are noticeable on the steering as well.
Above 40km/hr this sound/vibration on steering completely vanishes.

I got this checked during the annual servicing at the authorized service center in Pune (which is only 1 now and far-off... I'm digressing now) over the weekend.
The technician took a test drive with me and he also confirmed the sound. He said that 90% its the tires however he will check for the front axle bearings/ struts, brake pads, etc.

After inspection, he stated that the issue is in the tires and due to their age (5 years) they are responsible for the noise. The bearings,etc are all fine and not an issue.
This raised the following questions in my mind:
1. If the issue is indeed in the tires, any reason its present only in the 30-40kmph band. It surely vanishes above 40+ speeds.

2. I have the OEM tyres, 205/55/R16 Good Year Eagle NCT 5, and the mechanic stated they can easliy last 7-8 months seeing that my usage is about 10kms daily in the city.

3. However, even thought the tires can last another 7-8 months the noise is serving as an irritant. Also i don't want to possibly cause damage to another component?? because of the tires.
Is this even possible ? or am I being too sensitive to the noise?

4. If i have to change the tyres which one would you suggest considering my daily usage and mostly (90%) city driving.

Please help.
Old 4th February 2017, 21:50   #230
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahibrain View Post

2. I have the OEM tyres, 205/55/R16 Good Year Eagle NCT 5, and the mechanic stated they can easliy last 7-8 months seeing that my usage is about 10kms daily in the city.
You really have loads of patience for being on stock GoodYear Eagle NCT 5 for the last 5 years :-) These tyres are really noisy.

Quote:
4. If i have to change the tyres which one would you suggest considering my daily usage and mostly (90%) city driving.

Please help.
I would go with Michelin 3ST or Conti MC5.
Old 8th February 2017, 12:20   #231
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
You really have loads of patience for being on stock GoodYear Eagle NCT 5 for the last 5 years :-) These tyres are really noisy.

Actually over the past month the noise levels have multiplied quite a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
I would go with Michelin 3ST or Conti MC5.
Thanks for the suggestions.
Any idea on the pricing of these for 205/55/16 sizes. Though I'm not too keen to change the dimensions of the tyres, however how will changing to 195/60/16 affect:
1. If driving is mostly in the city? Any positive/adverse Impact on the handling.
2. Will it reduce the cost of the tyres as well?
Old 8th February 2017, 12:38   #232
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahibrain View Post
Any idea on the pricing of these for 205/55/16 sizes. Though I'm not too keen to change the dimensions of the tyres, however how will changing to 195/60/16 affect:
1. If driving is mostly in the city? Any positive/adverse Impact on the handling.
2. Will it reduce the cost of the tyres as well?
205/55/16 (Michelin 3ST) is around 8200/-
I am not sure about the pricing and handling of 195/60/16.
Old 9th February 2017, 12:30   #233
BHPian

Thanks for the information Arun_Josie.

Contacted Lokmanya tyres in Pune (based on the positive reviews on the forum). They have given the following quotation:

Michelin Primacy 3ST => 7700/- per tyre
Yoko A Drive => 6700/- per tyre
MRF ZV2K => 6800/- per tyre

500/- extra for WA+WB.

I asked for continental which they don't have. Can anyone suggest any good dealers for Continental tyres in Pune?

Based on the reviews on the forum MRF is surely ruled out.

How does the Yoko A Drive compare against the Primacy 3ST? The cost difference of 1 grand per tyre is making me look at it as an option.
Old 9th February 2017, 17:59   #234
Senior - BHPian

Time for me to change my 195 GYs. Looking at 205/55/16 Conti MC5 costs around 8300 per tyre before discounts.

My issue is finding a decent alloy for the upsize :(

Momo Revenge seems to be the only 98PCD option available. Costs around 10.5k per alloy at sai mag wheels.

Any other options?
Old 9th February 2017, 18:38   #235
BHPian

For my 205/55/R16 an update on quotes i have received so far:

Lokmanya Tyres:
Michelin 3St => 7700
Yoko Earth 1 => 6700!! (only ones in Pune who have Earth1 in this size)
Conti MC5 => Not Available. They do not stock it now.

Darshan Tyres Kothrud:
Michelin 3St => 7600
Conti MC5 => 7100
Yoko A Drive => 7200 (they suggested this as an option to Earth 1)

Darshan Tyres JM Road:
Michelin 3St => 7600
Conti MC5 => 7000
Yoko A Drive => 7100

Prabhat Tyres Kothrud:
Michelin 3St => 7500
Conti MC5 => 7000 (They suggested do not opt for Conti since its not made in India.) Opt for Micheline/ Yoko.
Yoko A Drive => 6900

Expert opinions. I know Lokmanya is preferred and he's the only one with Yoko Earth 1. Are these any good vis-a-vis A drive? Since no one else seems to have Earth 1? OR
Should i go ahead with Prabhat Tyres for the best quote on Michelin 3ST as well as Conti MC5?

Based on the above and the prices in mind, which is the best choice both from vendor and tyre aspect? Help
Old 8th June 2017, 16:13   #236
BHPian

Guys need advice. Trying to achieve a slightly plusher ride on my 2013 Linea Tjet.

Thinking of going for the 205/60 r16 over the existing 205/55 r16. Have shortlisted Yoko Earth 1. Please do let me know how the earth 1 fares and whether my decision to go for a slightly higher profile has any merit in it.

If on stock size, then CEAT Gripp LN is my choice.
Old 6th March 2018, 13:28   #237
BHPian

Folks need advice. My Linea Classic Plus came on stock 175 70 R14 Apollos. I have had a lot of alignment issues with the Apollos even after getting checked at multiple places. An expert alignment guy who i trust finally pointed the issue is with the tyres.

1. For a vehicle as long and heavy as the Linea do the 175 75 R14 s do justice? or Should i upgrade? If u recommend upgrade, to what size and brand?
Old 10th July 2018, 16:26   #238
BHPian

Looking for grippy tires for my T-Jet. The Goodyears are simply old, not much kms, and noisy. I just need to change them for grippy tires. Long lasting tires are not so important for me.

What do you guys think of Yoko A. R1

You know the size 205 55 R16.
Old 27th October 2018, 19:26   #239
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sai_ace View Post
Guys need advice. Trying to achieve a slightly plusher ride on my 2013 Linea Tjet.

Thinking of going for the 205/60 r16 over the existing 205/55 r16. Have shortlisted Yoko Earth 1. Please do let me know how the earth 1 fares and whether my decision to go for a slightly higher profile has any merit in it.

If on stock size, then CEAT Gripp LN is my choice.
Bumping up an old Post of mine. I have made up my mind on the Conti mc5 for the Tjet. But I'm really tempted to go for 205/60 size instead of 205/55 (both obviously 16in).

This is to eke out some comfort in my ride, and additionally the 205/55 tyres are typically more expensive than 205/60.

I was told that that larger tire might not fit into my spare tire well in the boot - but I'm not concerned with that.

Anything else that I should be concerned about? Something I might be over looking...
Old 1st April 2019, 11:30   #240
BHPian

Folks I need advise on replacing my current set of tyres. I am driving a Fiat Line Emotion MJD 2012 make and its time to replace the shoes. The present setup is GoodYear 205/60-R16 and I am getting a good deal on Yokohama Earth 205/65 R16. I need your opinion on whether I can go ahead with 65 profile and if yes, what advantage/disadvantage I am looking at? Also, any quick review on the tyre?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks