Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2012, 15:39   #76
BHPian

Re: Tire upsizing on linea

This is not something specific to FIAT or Linea. When you upsize the tyre/rims speedo error is bound to happen irrespective of the vehicle make/model.

If you have an issue, you may want to check with FIAT to see if they can help you get around this. Keep us posted about the feedback from FIAT/TASS folks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prakash_ajp View Post
Ah! That looks like a deal-breaker to me :( Is there a way this can be corrected/configured by the Fiat service folks with their programming tool. I guess I will have to check with them before I go for the tire upgrade.
Old 9th October 2012, 15:47   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autocop View Post
This is not something specific to FIAT or Linea. When you upsize the tyre/rims speedo error is bound to happen irrespective of the vehicle make/model.

If you have an issue, you may want to check with FIAT to see if they can help you get around this. Keep us posted about the feedback from FIAT/TASS folks.
Yes, I understand why it will be a problem. Just that it didn't strike me and thanks for reminding me about that. About the configuration problem, I am quite sure it can be configured. It's very unlikely that will hardwire this program, for it will become a problem when they offer a different variant with a different tire size. Now, the only question is whether that configuration parameter is exposed to the tools that are being used by the service centers. Need to check with the folks here in Bangalore.
Old 12th October 2012, 20:07   #78
BHPian

What should good replacement for a Linea TJET Plus be? I mean it has 205/65 R16 and I dont mind keeping the same exact size, but I want better rubber. It should Look Good , Good wet/dry grip and be as silent as possible (I know good looking uni-directional can be noisey). Please suggest the best options and approx prices.

Thanks a lot.
Old 14th October 2012, 19:43   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenster View Post
What should good replacement for a Linea TJET Plus be? I mean it has 205/65 R16 and I dont mind keeping the same exact size, but I want better rubber. It should Look Good , Good wet/dry grip and be as silent as possible (I know good looking uni-directional can be noisey). Please suggest the best options and approx prices.

Thanks a lot.
Any suggestions friends? Thing is I don't see a lot of options with the same tyre size on the websites of Bridgestone, Michelin, Yoko etc..
Old 17th October 2012, 15:40   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenster View Post
Any suggestions friends? Thing is I don't see a lot of options with the same tyre size on the websites of Bridgestone, Michelin, Yoko etc..
Sorry friends and Sorry Mods, I need this info as the change needs to happen in a week.

Is there a better thread to discuss this that I have missed out?
Old 17th October 2012, 15:50   #81
h14
BHPian

Hope this will be of some help to you.

http://changemytyre.com/
h14 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2012, 16:14   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h14 View Post
Hope this will be of some help to you.

http://changemytyre.com/
Thanks for that buddy. But I was looking for some user reviews too.

The Site shows me following options for 205/55 R16

PRIMACY LC Size : P 205/55R 16 91W *Rs.*9,500
V550 AVS DB Size : P 205/55R 16 94V *Rs.*9,240
POTENZA G-III Size : P 205/55R 16 91V *Rs.*9,172
AS01 S Drive Size : P 205/55R 16 91W *Rs.*8,450
AR01 A Drive Size : P 205/55R 16 91W *Rs.*7,220
Advan Sport V103 Size : P 205/55R 16 91V *Rs.*11,640

Can you (or anyone) please tell me what are the pros and cons in our Indian conditions for the above tyres and help me chose please?
Old 17th October 2012, 16:30   #83
h14
BHPian

From my personal experiences, I'd say stick to Primacy LC. They are awesome and I've driven on all sorts of roads and even non-existing roads and they have always performed brilliantly.
Old 17th October 2012, 16:54   #84
BHPian

Quote:
From my personal experiences, I'd say stick to Primacy LC. They are awesome and I've driven on all sorts of roads and even non-existing roads and they have always performed brilliantly.
Great, thanks for the lil review. This shows that the tyre is sturdy, but how are the grip levels, both dry and wet? comparable to the old XM1?
Old 17th October 2012, 17:11   #85
h14
BHPian

I'm using the XM1(+) in my Palio and PLC on the Linea,Corolla and Innova. Did not feel much difference interms of grip between these two but definitely better than the first gen XM1.

When it comes to silent drive PLC wins hands down over the XM1(+).

Do check out XM2 as well. Heard that it is much better improved product than the XM1(+)
Old 17th October 2012, 17:26   #86
Senior - BHPian

Well you need to take some time out and do a little bit of research and then decide based on your specific requirement, climate condition, road condition etc.

However. I would suggest you can go for the Yako S Drive or the Bridgestone Potenza. Michelin is very good but it may wear out faster than the other two.
Sommos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2012, 17:42   #87
BHPian

Quote:
I'm using the XM1(+) in my Palio and PLC on the Linea,Corolla and Innova. Did not feel much difference interms of grip between these two but definitely better than the first gen XM1.

When it comes to silent drive PLC wins hands down over the XM1(+).

Do check out XM2 as well. Heard that it is much better improved product than the XM1(+)
I had the first gen XM1 on my Ol' Zen and found them good. Dont know about how long they last since I sold the car after 25k kms. Will check is XM2 is available in this size.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post
Well you need to take some time out and do a little bit of research and then decide based on your specific requirement, climate condition, road condition etc.

However. I would suggest you can go for the Yako S Drive or the Bridgestone Potenza. Michelin is very good but it may wear out faster than the other two.
Thanks for your reply. I did read through a lot of threads but couldn't make up my mind and thought reviews from owners would help.

Thanks for your suggestions on the S-Drive and Potenza (I assume you are referring to GIII), but I read that these are noisy especially the S-Drive. Whats your take on it?

How are GR90 compared to PLC in terms of grip, sturdiness, life, noise etc?
Old 17th October 2012, 17:45   #88
h14
BHPian

Not really Sommos. Michelin's do not wear out soon. That was the case during the era of Certis and XM1 but XM1(+) and PLC are doing great.

My Palio has done 37k kms on XM1(+) and looks good for another 20k. Have a look at this, this is how my tires look at 37,000 kms in my Palio.

More details in here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...rship-log.html
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Linea : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-dsc_0433.jpg  

Last edited by h14 : 17th October 2012 at 17:46.
Old 18th October 2012, 10:52   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Not really Sommos. Michelin's do not wear out soon. That was the case during the era of Certis and XM1 but XM1(+) and PLC are doing great.
Thanks for the knowledge, will certainly consider this next time.

@Zenster : As far as I know, the Sdrive has exellent performance on dry surface, but not so good on wet surface. You may check this link for opinion on the S Drive : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...-s-drives.html

Hope this helps you to take a decision.
Sommos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2012, 14:18   #90
BHPian

Hey Guys,

Spoke to Mark from Premji Tyre Plus. Got the following quote with exchange of Stock GY NCT5 (205/55 R16)

Michelin PLC - Rs.3,620
Yoko AR01 - Rs.1,340
Perelli P7 - Rs.2,180
Continental CPC2- Rs.3,525

What do you guys think of the quote? Are the prices reasonable? And go in for PLC or consider any other from the above list ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks