Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd January 2009, 19:55   #46
BHPian

Can someone share experience with Yoko ES 100 compared with XM1+? They seem cheaper by 400 Rs per tire. I am unsure if these are A-Drive, C-Drive or what?

I am posing my questions here since I am planning to buy new tires as well, I do not mean to divert or go OT.

Last edited by sreenivass : 22nd January 2009 at 20:07.
Old 22nd January 2009, 20:06   #47
BHPian

My Personal experience with ES 100 is not that great.

I suffered puncture early, the braking did suffer to some extent and yes that was noticable on dry surface. They are on Palio 1.6.

The positive, they are silent. I think they have now been discontinued.
Old 22nd January 2009, 20:15   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreenivass View Post
Can someone share experience with Yoko ES 100 compared with XM1+? They seem cheaper by 400 Rs per tire. I am unsure if these are A-Drive, C-Drive or what?

I am posing my questions here since I am planning to buy new tires as well, I do not mean to divert or go OT.
ES100 is different from A-Drives. ES100 is more performance oriented tyre. With a great looking thread pattern. But you cannot rotate those tyres.

Plus experts on the forum say ES100 is out of production.

So choose between XM1+/MXV8 and A-Drives
Old 22nd January 2009, 20:24   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebird View Post
My Personal experience with ES 100 is not that great.

I suffered puncture early, the braking did suffer to some extent and yes that was noticable on dry surface. They are on Palio 1.6.

The positive, they are silent. I think they have now been discontinued.
ES100 and silent?
AFAIK they are pretty Noisy
Old 23rd January 2009, 12:57   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreenivass View Post

From what I could decipher from your tyre query thread, your requirements are pretty much similar to mine. I know its tempting to buy the ES-100s given the very nominal price of 3.2K - 3.3K, and they are yet in production, atleast thats what Saifee Tyres told me, and they look really great. Even I was thinking about these.

But I dont really think they would do any good to you or me because we are not looking at ultra high performance tyres. Your choice of XM1+ or A.Drive is fantastic and you should stick to those IMO. In any case, if I'm not mistaken, you are looking at 185/65 R14 right? The ES-100s are available in 185/60 or 195/60 sizes only.

Last edited by roms : 23rd January 2009 at 13:01.
Old 23rd January 2009, 15:10   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
ES100 and silent?
AFAIK they are pretty Noisy
I had S322 before I replaced with ES100 .....those were my first performance tyres....
Old 27th January 2009, 13:57   #52
BHPian

And the winner is.....

I was so excited to get my S10's tyres replaced after running on OEM S322s for so long, I actually took printouts of web pages of respective tyres and entered Saifee Tyre shop at Santacruz on Saturday the 24th. One of the owners (I believe his name is Jeetubhai) at the shop was surprised since he had never seen someone with so much paperwork on tyres. I told him I'm on Team-BHP and he said "That explains it".

So I told him that I was really confused between the A.Drive,XM1+ and Turanzas and wanted to check them out personally. He tried helping me out and said that if budget was not a problem, XM1+ should be the ones to go for and the soft sidewalls are absolutely not a problem, but even if you are on a budget, the A.Drive wont make you regret as they are fantastic as well. Overall, all of them were great tyres. So its not like the dealer tried to sell the most expensive ones here.

When I looked at the three, there was this one tyre that I instantly fell for because of its tread pattern and looks - the Michelins. They somehow looked bigger than the other two. The Bridgestones ER-60s also looked pretty decent and were harder than either the Yokos or Michelins. The Yokos looked the smallest of all. So I thought, I would not be changing any tyres (hopefully) for another 4-5 years atleast, and since they are all on par on most counts, why not choose the ones that look the best? Plus, Ultimately, it was just looks that made take the decision in favour of the Michelin Energy XM1+.

The prices for the three are :-
A.Drive-3300/-
Er-60 - 3500/-
XM1+ - 3750/-

I went in with Turanzas in mind and went on to buy the XM1+! So far I have barely driven for 2 days, I cant help but compare the amazing ride quality on these tyres. The pick up seems to have improved bit maybe because of the lower rolling resistence on the new tyres, the handling is good but its too early to comment since tthey need some proper running in.

A picture of my 24K done S322s and the new Michelins from my cellphone. Will upload my car's pictures after a proper wash & wax. Thank you guys for helping me out in every which way.
Attached Thumbnails
Michelin Energy XM1+ & Bridgestone Turanza ER-60....The Best Allrounders?-240109_1732.jpg  

Michelin Energy XM1+ & Bridgestone Turanza ER-60....The Best Allrounders?-240109_1733.jpg  

Old 27th January 2009, 14:03   #53
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations! A good choice though all the rubbers which were on your shortlist were very good.

Looks do matter, eh?

Last edited by JVH : 27th January 2009 at 14:11.
Old 27th January 2009, 14:42   #54
Senior - BHPian

Wow, I was expecting to see pics of Turanza ER-60, but surprised that Roms went in for Michelin XM1+!

Congrats Roms, great choice, am sure you'll enjoy the comfy ride on Michelin Energy XM1+.
Which size did you go for?
Old 27th January 2009, 15:17   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVH View Post
Congratulations! A good choice though all the rubbers which were on your shortlist were very good.

Looks do matter, eh?
Thanks JVH.Looks did matter in this case because that was the only way I would be able to take a decision. After the detailed analysis and views given on this thread, it was evident that one cant go wrong with either of these. They are almost identical on most parameters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Wow, I was expecting to see pics of Turanza ER-60, but surprised that Roms went in for Michelin XM1+!

Congrats Roms, great choice, am sure you'll enjoy the comfy ride on Michelin Energy XM1+.
Which size did you go for?
Thanks Finney! I managed to surprise myself as well. There were actually two things that made me decide in favour of the XM1+ :-
1] Looks as I have already mentioned before.
2] The fact that the Michelins are immensely popular on the forum and the outside world as well. Even the dealer mentioned that "once you switch to Michelins, you wont like anything else!". Obviously thats not to be take too seriously, but at that moment it helped me make my decision. I went for the stock 175/65 R14 size by the way.

Last edited by roms : 27th January 2009 at 15:19.
Old 27th January 2009, 15:32   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roms View Post
I went for the stock 175/65 R14 size by the way.
Ok, it would have been better to upsize, say 185/60 R14.
Old 27th January 2009, 16:04   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Ok, it would have been better to upsize, say 185/60 R14.
As I had mentioned in my very first post on this thread, I was pretty much happy with the fine balance of ride and handling and did not wish to upset that. 185/60 would have a detrimental effect on ride quality, plus this particular size in Michelins was quite expensive for some reason, close to 4.4K per tyre.
Old 27th January 2009, 16:16   #58
Senior - BHPian

Recently I have fitted BSP ER-60 and extremely happy with its grip and noise. Keep in mind this updgrade is from Swift's stock tyres
Old 18th February 2009, 16:49   #59
Senior - BHPian

BHPians,

I am planning to upgrade the rubber on my Ford Ikon. I am currently running on Pirelli P6000 and they have done their job really well. It offered excellent grip and a smooth ride. Now they have clocked around 45K Kms and are getting harder.

I have 3 tyres in mind

1. BS Turanza ER60 - 175/65 R14 (OE)
2. XM1+ - 185/65 R14
3. Continental Eco Contact 3 - 185/65 R14

Yokos, I am reading mixed reports about these tyres here. So I am not sure if I want to try them.

Any suggestions for me folks!?
Old 18th February 2009, 19:52   #60
Senior - BHPian

Arun, just read through this thread and you will get the review of both XM1+ and Turanza.

Continental, not sure if anyone here has tried so far.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks