Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2016, 11:38   #361
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative420 View Post
Can someone suggest tyre upgrade for my Ritz Zxi? The current set has run about 20k and they all been punctured multiple times courtesy the puncture mafia on out ring road I guess. Also, the current JK vectras don't offer the same smoothness as it does with Michelins on my friends Ritz. What I am looking for is something durable and affordable.
I just changed my tyres for Ritz after 47000 kms to Yokohama Earth 1 but didn't upgrade (I gave a lot of thought to it though). Do you really need an upgrade? The car company tries and provide tyres of optimum size. So doesn't make sense to upgrade unless you go on long journeys regularly where comfort becomes very important. Does not mean that current ones make the ride uncomfortable by any means for drives of less than 6-7 hours. So would suggest to consider these facts before deciding to upgrade. Just change the tyres to same size new ones if you agree to this

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpion_blore View Post
My Ritz VXI will be celebrating its 6th birthday soon, and I'm in the lookout for a new set of tyres. The stock tyres have behaved really well, and I've clocked 70k kms. I'm planning to buy 5 tyres.
Would suggest don't go for upsize since your 90% is city drive. I found Yokohama Earth 1 the best for new tyres. Affordable than Michelin, good comfort and stable. Neither too soft or hard. The potholes I would have felt on my stock JK tyres don't seem to bother me now at all. I have clocked speeds of 140+ in these in my Ritz vxi and didn't feel any problem. (I am a safe driver and don't mean to do that always but wanted to see how stable is the car)

Mod Note : Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Thanks!

Last edited by SDP : 13th August 2016 at 14:12. Reason: Merging back to back posts
Old 15th August 2016, 17:51   #362
BHPian

Guys need suggestions for tyre upgrade. Mine is a 2011 vdi with stock tyres (non alloys). I want to get wider rubber. I do a lot of highway drives. Any suggestions?
Old 15th August 2016, 18:54   #363
BHPian

Sorry hope fully this is the right link

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...ml#post2604665
Old 2nd September 2016, 14:31   #364
BHPian

Re: Maruti Suzuki Ritz : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Dear TeamBHPians,

Planning to upgrade the tyres and wheels on my Ritz VXi petrol (2011) because of the bad road conditions in Bangalore. My stock tyres have run about 45000 kms so are due for a change anyways. Also the purpose is to gain some ground clearance but definitely not lose any.

My plan is to upsize to 195/65 R15. Also will need to change the wheels to size 15"
I calculated the change in OD (overall or outer diameter) to be +2.4%

Majority (70%) of running will be in Bangalore city with 30% outstation runs like Hyderabad, Wayanad, Alleppy, etc. Need tyres which will provide comfort and low noise with puncture resistance. Please answer these queries.

1. Is this a good combination.
2. Which tyre brand to go for keeping in mind above parameters.
3. Should I go for alloys or will steel rims be cost-effective? I like the silver rims Maruti provides on the 800 and Alto compared with the black rims on the Ritz. Don't know if silver steel rims are available in 15" size.
4. What will be the wheel width required to accommodate the above tyre (195/65)
5. If have to go for alloys, which reasonably priced brand to go for, eg Neo
6. Anything adverse impacts to keep in mind such as offset, ie tyre scraping the wheel arch, handling, fuel economy, hampered full lock, etc
7. Availability and a good dealer for all of above near HSR layout.

Appreciate your thoughts on the above queries. I understand there might have been similar queries and have read through the responses but am still confused.

Thank you,
Paraag
Old 22nd October 2016, 11:51   #365
BHPian

I dont agree with changing all 5.
Its best to keep the spare tyre untouched and change the 4 active tyres.
The spare tyre is anyway used only in case of emergency and most probably it wouldn't have run much.
That is more cost effective and doesn't hurt functionality too.

I never use the spare tyre in tyre rotation. So spare tyre is spare tyre for ever unless the rubber becomes really hard due to ageing.

Remember you will save 20% by not replacing the spare tyre.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
Ideally, you should change all 5. However, if you dont want to spend the extra money, change only 4.

I suggest you change all 5.

Where did you enquire regarding the price?
Go for michelin XM1 tyres 185/70 R14. That would be a safe upgrade as that size is factory size for ZXI.

I have been using this on my car for more than 3 years. Good grip in highways and wet weather too. Sometimes on heavy breaking you might reach the limit of grip, but overall its good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselritzer View Post
Guys need suggestions for tyre upgrade. Mine is a 2011 vdi with stock tyres (non alloys). I want to get wider rubber. I do a lot of highway drives. Any suggestions?

Last edited by navin : 22nd October 2016 at 12:12.
Old 30th October 2016, 09:13   #366
BHPian

Upsized the tyres on my Ritz VXI to Yokohama Earth-1 185/70/R14. I can already see a huge difference in the ride quality and control. The stock tyres BridgeStones were screaming for a replacement with 72k kms on the odo. The Yokos absorb the minor potholes and irregularities on the road really well, and is hardly felt in the cabin. Overall a much needed upgrade.

Paid 21k for 5 Yoko Earth-1s along with wheel alignment. Not sure if I overpaid. The shop owner quoted 4k per tyre.
Old 31st October 2016, 00:58   #367
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paraag View Post
Dear TeamBHPians,

Planning to upgrade the tyres and wheels on my Ritz VXi petrol (2011) because of the bad road conditions in Bangalore. My stock tyres have run about 45000 kms so are due for a change anyways. Also the purpose is to gain some ground clearance but definitely not lose any.

My plan is to upsize to 195/65 R15. Also will need to change the wheels to size 15"
I calculated the change in OD (overall or outer diameter) to be +2.4%

Majority (70%) of running will be in Bangalore city with 30% outstation runs like Hyderabad, Wayanad, Alleppy, etc. Need tyres which will provide comfort and low noise with puncture resistance. Please answer these queries.

2. Which tyre brand to go for keeping in mind above parameters.
3. Should I go for alloys or will steel rims be cost-effective? I like the silver rims Maruti provides on the 800 and Alto compared with the black rims on the Ritz. Don't know if silver steel rims are available in 15" size.
4. What will be the wheel width required to accommodate the above tyre (195/65)
5. If have to go for alloys, which reasonably priced brand to go for, eg Neo
6. Anything adverse impacts to keep in mind such as offset, ie tyre scraping the wheel arch, handling, fuel economy, hampered full lock, etc
7. Availability and a good dealer for all of above near HSR layout.

Appreciate your thoughts on the above queries. I understand there might have been similar queries and have read through the responses but am still confused.

Thank you,
Paraag
Let me give this a try.

1. 195/60 is the right upgrade for 15".
2. You haven't mentioned anything about your budget so if there aren't any constraints you should be going for the Michelin Primacy 3ST. The best choice for your requirements. If budget is a bother you should check out Conti MC5, Yoko S Drives (noisy) or even the XM2. You wouldn't save much though.
3.Again depends on your budget. Alloys are always good to have aren't they . If it's steel you can try sourcing a set from the dealer , the ertiga has 15 steel rims.
4. That would probably be 6.5J.
5. Plati, HRS, even Lenso has reasonably priced options. Lots of choices in 15. I run 14 inchers and options were quite limited in Kochi.
6. I don't think 15 ers will scrape the arches provided you go for the right size. 195/65 is the wrong upsize for 15 inch. 195/60 R15 is what you should be going for, again on 6.5J rims. 195/65 is the right upsize on 14. But I believe that size is not available anymore, at least, that was the case here at Kochi. You can expect massive improvement w.r.t handling. Fuel economy may take a small hit. Shouldn't be a bother though. At least in my experience. I run 205/60 R14 on a Petrol Ritz.
7. Options aplenty in our directory .

Last edited by aswin ajith : 31st October 2016 at 01:02.
aswin ajith is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st October 2016, 07:59   #368
BANNED

Quote:
My plan is to upsize to 195/65 R15.

Not the right combination IMO. Best is 195/60 R15.

Quote:
2. Which tyre brand to go for keeping in mind above parameters..
Overall I'll recommend Michelin XM2.

Quote:
3. Should I go for alloys or will steel rims be cost-effective?.
Depends on your preference and budget. I'll vote for alloys.

Quote:
4. What will be the wheel width required to accommodate the above tyre (195/65).
Why not buy 'Z' variant alloys?

Quote:
6. Anything adverse impacts to keep in mind such as offset, ie tyre scraping the wheel arch, handling, fuel economy, hampered full lock, etc.
Nothing to worry for a 195/60 R15.

Last edited by a4anurag : 31st October 2016 at 08:02.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2016, 09:25   #369
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by aswin ajith View Post
If it's steel you can try sourcing a set from the dealer , the ertiga has 15 steel rims.
Ertiga ones can't be used as it has 5 hole pattern over the 4 found on Ritz, Swift and Dzire.

He can source Z variant alloys or steel wheels of either Swift or Dzire.

Quote:
Appreciate your thoughts on the above queries.

Last edited by bblost : 1st November 2016 at 01:08. Reason: Fixed a typo. Thanks/
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2016, 13:48   #370
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Z Variants only come shod with Alloys. For 4 hole 100 PCD 15"rims try getting OE rims of New Honda city / Jazz or base model Hyundai Verna.
WasavaTyres is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2016, 19:33   #371
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Ertiga ones can't be used as it has 5 hole pattern over the 4 found on Ritz, Swift and Dzire.

Totally forgot about that. Thanks for pointing out. I am pretty sure the tyre dealer will be able to arrange a set from one of the compatible cars with the same rim spec.

Last edited by aswin ajith : 12th November 2016 at 19:34.
Old 2nd February 2017, 15:46   #372
BHPian

So, the Michelin PLC's (195/60 R15) have served very well for 47K on my Ritz VDi ABS.

I have decided to upgrade the shoes this weekend.

I'm confused between Continental MC5 and Michelin P3ST.

Tyre experts - Please help
Old 3rd February 2017, 11:50   #373
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post
So, the Michelin PLC's (195/60 R15) have served very well for 47K on my Ritz VDi ABS.

I have decided to upgrade the shoes this weekend.

I'm confused between Continental MC5 and Michelin P3ST.

Tyre experts - Please help
Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
Hi Karan. Can you please help on the above query?
Old 3rd February 2017, 15:42   #374
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki Ritz : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post
Hi Karan. Can you please help on the above query?
Hi, i have used the Continental MC5's twice, once on the Scala & recently on the Figo. I can truly say that these tyres offer a great blend of grip, comfort & sturdiness (India friendly) so overall are a great touring type tyre.

Where as the Michelin 3ST replace the PLC series, but from reports they are not really as good as the previous 3ST series. But the thing with Michelin is this, that even their bad tyre will be good enough.

All the best

Last edited by karan561 : 3rd February 2017 at 15:45.
Old 6th February 2017, 14:29   #375
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
Hi, i have used the Continental MC5's twice, once on the Scala & recently on the Figo. I can truly say that these tyres offer a great blend of grip, comfort & sturdiness (India friendly) so overall are a great touring type tyre.

Where as the Michelin 3ST replace the PLC series, but from reports they are not really as good as the previous 3ST series. But the thing with Michelin is this, that even their bad tyre will be good enough.

All the best
Thanks for the suggestion Karan. Finally went ahead and picked up Continental MC5's

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks