Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2015, 08:50   #316
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrANTO View Post
My concern about tyres with soft side wall is their durability in kerala roads. Otherwise I would have picked up Michelin XM2 over Bridgestone Turanza.

Regarding Appolo Accelere, I got mixed opinion from dealers. Some of them said Accelere is value for money. But in general they won't be as reliable as Turanza.

Regards
Go ahead with AR20 as I feel it is a safer bet as compared to XM2 that has softer sidewalls.

Over the AR20 is a good tyre for a decent price that should last you 40 - 50K kms easily.
Old 10th May 2015, 08:45   #317
BHPian

re: Maruti Suzuki Ritz : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrANTO View Post
Hai fellow Bhp-ians,

My confusion is whether to go with

1.Bridge stone Turanza 4600/tyre
2. Appolo Accelere. 4000/ tyre
3.Appolo amazer 4G Don't know the price

My pick would be Bridgestone. Highly reliable and will last you atleast 50k kms.
You can also check Continental. I think MC5 would be available in this size.
Old 6th June 2015, 17:04   #318
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review

Guys, i am planning of getting Alloys for my Ritzy.
I needed some suggestions as to which color Alloys would suit a Silver Ritz.
I am more keen on Hyper Black \ Gun Metal Color. Budget is around 20K for 4 Alloys.

Regarding Brand, i looked up Plati India Website and found their Car Visualization Tool pretty helpful in order to check how the Alloys would gel with the Car.

I shortlisted some designs and am posting the Pics below.

Also looked through SaiMagWheels Website. Are they reliable since the Order and Delivery would have to be done Online. But did not find any appealing Design Options in HRS for 14 inch.

I read that Ritz requires 100 PCD Alloys. But Plati Website also shows 100+108 PCD as compatible for Ritz which has 8 Holes compared to 4 Holes for 100 PCD. Are both compatible with the Ritz ?

Any other good Alloy Brands that will fit in my Budget ?

Appreciate your Inputs and Suggestions.
Cheers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by salunkhe.vizz View Post
Well I had major handling issues in my VDi Ritz on the stock tornados. But as soon as i upgraded to 185/70/14 ZLO's, there was a drastic change in handling (cornering / body roll / braking distance / road grip / wet surface grip / off roading or dirt road grip / high speed handling).

So yes, tyres do have a major say in how your Ritz handles itself to your driving.
How would you compare the ZLO's to the Michelin XM2 ? Are the ZLO's noisy ?
I am currently running on Yoko A-Drives and although they are good, i found them noisy and off late it seems to have even increased more after 42K Kms of running. Also, what would be the price difference between ZLO and XM2 ?
Attached Images

abhi3284 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2015, 11:28   #319
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi3284 View Post
I needed some suggestions as to which color Alloys would suit a Silver Ritz.
I am more keen on Hyper Black \ Gun Metal Color. Budget is around 20K for 4 Alloys.
Appreciate your Inputs and Suggestions.
Hi Abhi,

The second and third picture that you have posted would suit your Silver Ritz very well.

Are you planning for an upsize? If yes, please go for 195/60 R15.

But, if your budget is 20K just for the alloys, then you can check out Lenso Samurai (or) Lenso Project D-Raiden series too!
Old 8th June 2015, 12:08   #320
BANNED

Re: Maruti Suzuki Ritz : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Guys, i am planning of getting Alloys for my Ritzy.

I shortlisted some designs and am posting the Pics below.
From the short list, I'd select the second one for the Ritz.

Try getting Michelin XM2!
Old 9th June 2015, 15:54   #321
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post
Hi Abhi,

The second and third picture that you have posted would suit your Silver Ritz very well.

Are you planning for an upsize? If yes, please go for 195/60 R15.

But, if your budget is 20K just for the alloys, then you can check out Lenso Samurai (or) Lenso Project D-Raiden series too!
Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
From the short list, I'd select the second one for the Ritz.

Try getting Michelin XM2!

Even i am more in favor of Pic #1 and #2. Fully Machined Black also seems to go well with Silver. Need to decide on the Color now.

I got a Quote of 19k for a set of 4, from a couple of places for the 1st & 2nd Alloy Designs.

Lenso doesnt seem to have much options in 14 inch. One shopkeeper had only Samurai SC01 in stock. On Lenso's Catalog, i found Samurai Hayato in 14 inch. Its a new Arrival and looks cool. But no one seems to have it in stock.

Regarding upsizing, i gave a thought about it and researched Online. But found that the Steering becomes heavier, Comfort goes down and FE also drops a bit, though Looks and Handling improves. I think i am better off with 185/70 R14 as i prefer a comfortable and noise-free ride with good FE.

I am in two minds whether to change my 42k Kms run Yoko A-Drives or not. The Treads look fine to me and think they can run for say 10k Kms more.
Posting a Pic below of the current Tyre Tread State.

Another interesting thing i would like to share is that for the past 20k Kms or so, i was running on Nitrogen in Tyres. 33 Front and 30 Rear. I was feeling the Ride bouncy and my Body was feeling the impact on Speed Breakers and Bad Roads. I thought it is a Tyre Problem. Just for a change, i went ahead and removed Nitrogen and filled Normal Air with the same Air Pressures.
Now, the Ride does not seem that Harsh on Bad Roads and i feel a slight cushioning effect. I thought filling Nitrogen would be more advantageous.

But whenever i change the Tyres, I have almost decided to go with Michelin XM2, unless they come out with XM3 soon.

Cheers...
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Suzuki Ritz : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-img_20150609_063027.jpg  

Attached Images

Last edited by abhi3284 : 9th June 2015 at 15:56. Reason: Add more data
Old 11th June 2015, 10:10   #322
BHPian

Guys, need some urgent advice...

Had almost decided on Plati but recently found a Dealer who has 14" Lenso Samurai SC01 in stock in Machine Black Finish. He has only 4 Wheels out of which 1 is hung up for display purpose on his showroom. Checked it and it looked fine.

He is quoting 20k for it. Plati's are around 19k.

Need suggestions if i i should go ahead with the Lenso sc01 even though 1 is a display piece or should i go with the Plati's.

Posting a Pic below of the sc01 with the Color which is available.

Kindly advice. Thanks...
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Suzuki Ritz : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-lenso_sc01.jpg  

Old 11th June 2015, 13:05   #323
BANNED

Quote:
He is quoting 20k for it. Plati's are around 19k.

Need suggestions if i i should go ahead with the Lenso sc01 even though 1 is a display piece or should i go with the Plati's.
I'd vote for Plati's for its design over this Lenso.

Lenso one looks much better.
Old 11th June 2015, 15:31   #324
BHPian

Quote:
I'd vote for Plati's for its design over this Lenso.

Lenso one looks much better.
Hey Anurag, Thanks for your opinion. However, there is a new twist in the tale.

I visited Poona Motors here in Pune since the Lenso Mumbai Distributor told to check with them for latest stock.

I saw this Lenso Raiden PD8 in Dark Grey Color and it looks Awesome.
Have paid some Token amount and just booked it for now since i was short of time. Seems to go well with my Silver Ritz.

However, once home, i checked the Lenso Website for Raiden PD8 and it shows only Copper and White Color Options.

Am hoping this is a genuine Lenso. See Pics below. Again, one Wheel was on display, so it had some mild dust.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Suzuki Ritz : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-img_20150611_141444.jpg  

Maruti Suzuki Ritz : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-img_20150611_142511.jpg  

Old 11th June 2015, 15:59   #325
BANNED

Quote:
Am hoping this is a genuine Lenso. See Pics below. Again, one Wheel was on display, so it had some mild dust.
Ah, you gave real time picture of how it looks. This is better looking than the one you posted first.

Go ahead with it. Check for scratches or any bend on the display alloy.

Last edited by a4anurag : 11th June 2015 at 16:06.
Old 11th June 2015, 17:27   #326
BHPian

Quote:

I saw this Lenso Raiden PD8 in Dark Grey Color and it looks Awesome.
Have paid some Token amount and just booked it for now since i was short of time. Seems to go well with my Silver Ritz.
Hi Abhi, I have the same set of alloys (15") in my Glistening Grey Ritz shod on 195/60 R15 Michelin Primacy LC tyres.

Those are excellent wheels. Please go ahead and get them
Old 12th June 2015, 12:12   #327
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post
Hi Abhi, I have the same set of alloys (15") in my Glistening Grey Ritz shod on 195/60 R15 Michelin Primacy LC tyres.

Those are excellent wheels. Please go ahead and get them
Quote:
Ah, you gave real time picture of how it looks. This is better looking than the one you posted first.

Go ahead with it. Check for scratches or any bend on the display alloy.
That's what i have exactly done. Picked up the wheels yesterday night and got them fit this morning along with balancing. What a Transformation it is now...It looks absolutely smashing...Cant take my eyes off it now...

Pics coming soon...Thanks for your help guys...

@Prodigy : Would you mind sharing a Pic of these Alloys on your Car. Also, when you purchased these Alloys, did u get any Warranty Card from Lenso. Do we need to register anywhere ?

All i got is a VAT Bill from the Shopkeeper. He said that should be enough.
Old 12th June 2015, 15:13   #328
BHPian

Quote:

@Prodigy : Would you mind sharing a Pic of these Alloys on your Car. Also, when you purchased these Alloys, did u get any Warranty Card from Lenso. Do we need to register anywhere ?
Hi Abhi,

Sure, I shall post few snaps when I get back home. Camera phones are banned at office!

The dealer bill would suffice. The dealer gave me those Lenso tags that come with the alloys. I can see them in one of your pics.
Old 13th June 2015, 10:20   #329
BHPian

Pics posted in the Official Alloy Wheels Thread. Link below:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...ml#post3729728
Old 10th July 2015, 13:43   #330
BHPian

The day started on a great note when my mom finally approved of me to drive down to Bhopal, during Diwali. However, the joy was short-lived.

On my way to office at Kundanahalli Gate, a BMTC Volvo bus decides to squeeze itself in front of me even when the 'turn left' is red, and it ended up crushing my right OVRM.
Now I could not even get out of the car to have a word with the driver as he was stopped by the cop and as soon as the signal turned green, he sped away. I caught up to him and well, after talking to him I figured it's a futile exercise and I was holding up the traffic. Luckily, nothing else happened to the car.

So called up Pratham Motors and they are quoting around Rs. 3,300 to fix the right OVRM including the paint job. Think the price is right? Or is there any other place in Bangalore where I can get one fixed?

JFYI: My car is a 2 year old Ritz ZXi with electronic adjustable mirror.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks