Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th June 2015, 05:32   #1411
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepclutch View Post
@a4anurag and others: My Ritz VDI is having significant body roll.

Is the tyres have any effect on the roll? With my earlier car, Authorized Service Centre used to replace some anti-roll bar. Is this relevant in the case of Ritz also?
Ah body roll, inherent gift of tall boys.

What I suggest you is to look tyre pressures and thread health. How old are the tyres? They do have an effect on roll hence get that sorted before proceeding to suspension components reason that's the only contact patch to road.

Can i know the following :

Your Ritz vs Friends Ritz:
1) How many years old?
2) How many kms clocked?
3) What tyre brand and health of threads on it?
4) What tyre pressures maintained?

Edit :

Lift the car in jack and see if the anti - roll bar is bent or looks fine.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2015, 16:29   #1412
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepclutch View Post
@a4anurag and others: My Ritz VDI is having significant body roll and it's really uncomfortable going through un-level surfaces.
Well I had major handling issues in my VDi Ritz on the stock tornados. But as soon as i upgraded to 185/70/14 ZLO's, there was a drastic change in handling (cornering / body roll / braking distance / road grip / wet surface grip / off roading or dirt road grip / high speed handling).

So yes, tyres do have a major say in how your Ritz handles itself to your driving.
salunkhe.vizz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2015, 19:41   #1413
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
Thanks for the info, buddy! Yes my ride a petrol Ritz too and its due for oil & air filter change in next service. I am wondering whether to place an order in amazon or can I get it from Maruti dealer only. Also, please keep us posted about your experience with K&N on highway long drive.
Hi Ankan, I returned back from Mumbai on 3rd June and here is the update of the highway drive:
  • Acceleration & pickup was much smoother due to air filter change.
  • We were carrying luggage of around 150 kgs with 4 large bags on the roof. Air resistance was felt at high speeds and curves.
  • Did not exceed 110 kmph speed which helped in fair mileage of 17.5 kmpl. (might be more due to air filter change)
  • Took pitstops at Belgaum each night while going and coming back. Overall it was a nice trip.
Satshan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2015, 01:55   #1414
BHPian

Made a mistake of posting this in wrong thread. Here's what happened a few days ago.

------------------------------------------------------------------

The day started on a great note when my mom finally approved of me to drive down to Bhopal, during Diwali. However, the joy was short-lived.

On my way to office at Kundanahalli Gate, a BMTC Volvo bus decides to squeeze itself in front of me even when the 'turn left' is red, and it ended up crushing my right OVRM.
Now I could not even get out of the car to have a word with the driver as he was stopped by the cop and as soon as the signal turned green, he sped away. I caught up to him and well, after talking to him I figured it's a futile exercise and I was holding up the traffic. Luckily, nothing else happened to the car.

So called up Pratham Motors and they are quoting around Rs. 3,300 to fix the right OVRM including the paint job. Think the price is right? Or is there any other place in Bangalore where I can get one fixed?

JFYI: My car is a 2 year old Ritz ZXi with electronic adjustable mirror.
Old 13th July 2015, 07:55   #1415
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative420 View Post
So called up Pratham Motors and they are quoting around Rs. 3,300 to fix the right OVRM including the paint job. Think the price is right? Or is there any other place in Bangalore where I can get one fixed?

JFYI: My car is a 2 year old Ritz ZXi with electronic adjustable mirror.
I think the pricing given by MASS is near about right.

If you are tight on budget then get the mirror assembly from an MGP and get that fit + painted at any FNG to keep costs under check.
Old 13th July 2015, 12:52   #1416
BHPian

Anybody aware of any discounts currently being offered for the petrol or diesel versions in Hyderabad?
Old 21st July 2015, 11:23   #1417
BHPian

All,
Posting this on behalf of my cousin, who owns a Ritz in Chennai.
He owns a First Gen Ritz VXi.
His question is what is ideal RPM to upshift ?
He currently is doing at 1500 - 1600 RPM.

He seems to be getting 14.3 Kmpl in city with 80% AC, and almost, always drives alone. Is this a good mileage considering his City Drive and RPM shift ?

Any and all inputs appreciated.
Old 21st July 2015, 11:39   #1418
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamster View Post
All,
Posting this on behalf of my cousin, who owns a Ritz in Chennai.
He owns a First Gen Ritz VXi.
His question is what is ideal RPM to upshift ?
He currently is doing at 1500 - 1600 RPM.

He seems to be getting 14.3 Kmpl in city with 80% AC, and almost, always drives alone. Is this a good mileage considering his City Drive and RPM shift ?

Any and all inputs appreciated.
For city driving out is a decent FE for a single occupant.

For FE there are many factors that influence other than sitting RPM's.

Air filter condition, tyre pressures maintained, how fast he acceleration and brake etc.

For Petrol I'd say 2500 can be tried once. Use engine braking more than regular brakes .
Old 24th July 2015, 14:24   #1419
BHPian

Thanks Anurag for the inputs (especially from my cousin) and below are the updates.
Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Air filter condition, tyre pressures maintained, how fast he acceleration and brake etc.
He maintains the tyre pressure on his stock tires with regular checks. Though he admits to a bit of heavy driving style and has decided to try on engine braking. He has changed the Air Filter 5K kms at Bosch Service Centre.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
For Petrol I'd say 2500 can be tried once. Use engine braking more than regular brakes .
My cousin has tried with hitting the 2.5k RPM twice during his 3rd and 4th gear up shift and has noticed a good change in the response. The engine seems to be a bit more peppy and he has not noticed any lag in the 2nd gear coasting. He has noticed the steering also to be bit lighter.

Does this 2.5K RPM up shift has something to do with the ECU ?
Old 24th July 2015, 21:24   #1420
BANNED

Quote:
My cousin has tried with hitting the 2.5k RPM twice during his 3rd and 4th gear up shift and has noticed a good change in the response. The engine seems to be a bit more peppy and he has not noticed any lag in the 2nd gear coasting. He has noticed the steering also to be bit lighter.

Does this 2.5K RPM up shift has something to do with the ECU ?
No effect to the ECU. It is just that the power and torque are coming out to your rescue correctly.

Earlier the 1500 RPM was a bit low for a petrol engine to be happy when run. I agree if it was a diesel but petrol cars need to be revved a bit to get them happy.
Old 5th August 2015, 11:14   #1421
BHPian

Anurag, my cousin has been following this thread and would like to thank you personally for all your quick responses.
Couple of more questions on the same aspect from his side though :
He feels the engine sounds to be "tortured" during the 2.5k RPM upshift. His question is does he need to do hit 2.5K RPM for every upshift or occassionally twice a month would suffice ?
Also, on his daily commute, he has a 2km stretch, where he hits 80kph at 2k RPM. Can this be an alternative for the 2.5K RPM upshift and will it also affect the FE if the upshift is at 2.5K RPM ?
Sorry about the big questionnaire, but he seems to be desperate.
Old 5th August 2015, 11:41   #1422
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Anurag, my cousin has been following this thread and would like to thank you personally for all your quick responses.
Couple of more questions on the same aspect from his side though :
He feels the engine sounds to be "tortured" during the 2.5k RPM upshift. His question is does he need to do hit 2.5K RPM for every upshift or occassionally twice a month would suffice ?
Also, on his daily commute, he has a 2km stretch, where he hits 80kph at 2k RPM. Can this be an alternative for the 2.5K RPM upshift and will it also affect the FE if the upshift is at 2.5K RPM ?
Sorry about the big questionnaire, but he seems to be desperate.
1.7-2k rpm is good enough for the K12 engine for regular drives from a FE point of view. Anything lower would be lugging the engine. That said, >2.5k rpm is not a torture at all as this is a very rev-happy engine. What your cousin hears is the throaty exhaust note which is a normal characteristics of the engine. Ask him to upshift around 3k rpm (or even 4k) and enjoy the potential of the car. Of course, this can be done once a week or fortnight, on a proper empty stretch of road and will keep both, the owner and the car happy.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2015, 16:03   #1423
BANNED

Quote:
He feels the engine sounds to be "tortured" during the 2.5k RPM upshift.

His question is does he need to do hit 2.5K RPM for every upshift or occasionally twice a month would suffice ?

No hard and fast rule of upshifting at 2500 RPM. Since he was shifting somewhere around 1500 RPM which was too less for a Petrol engine I suggested that RPM.

It is not that you upshift every time at 2500 RPM, it'll take a toll on FE too. So keep your target of 2000 RPM and occasionally hit the 2500 mark.
Old 18th August 2015, 12:56   #1424
BHPian

I tried looking up for ownership reviews/experiences from Ritz AT owners, but could not find a single one! .

Would be of help if someone can throw some light on how the 4 speed box compares with the AMT gearbox on the Celerio? My SA informed me today that they have 2 Ritz ATs left in the stockyard and we are seriously planning to consider one of them in place of the Celerio AMT for the following factors, amongst others,

1. Better build quality
2. More space overall
3. Tallish seating position
4. ABS

The car is for my FIL and usage will be very minimal at less than 250-300 kms/month.

OT: We have decided to cancel our booking for the Jazz CVT due to very poor pre-sales experience and a budget reconsideration
Old 20th August 2015, 09:57   #1425
BHPian

Met with an Accident, Need advice

Very sad to report that my Ritzy met with an Accident yesterday evening. Here's how the whole Drama happened:

I had just picked up my Wife from her Workplace and my Daughter from her Day Care and was proceeding home. Just out of nowhere, a maniac driving a Black Sedan was coming from the other direction. His Car was already in a shattered state. The Bonnet was missing and the Bumper was off the Body and dragging on the ground along with the Car. I think he was in speeds of over 80 kph on a not so wide road at 5:30 PM evening peak time. I managed to swerve my Car to the left just in the nick of time. Doing so, he hit my car at an Angle and went scraping the complete right side of my Car. I cant imagine what would have happened if i had not swerved left. After confirming that my Wife and Kid are OK, I took a U-Turn to try and catch him but he just fled away. A few meters ahead there was a crowd accumulated. I tried opening the Driver Side Door to inquire. I found out that the Drier Side Door would not open at all. There seems to be impact on the Door opening joint due to which the Door wont open.

I got down from the Passenger Side and confirmed with the Crowd that that Maniac hit a couple of 2 Wheeler's and sped away from there. One of the two wheeler managed to follow him and gave me his Car Registration Number, which he was nearly sure is correct. The Reg Number read as MH1 GA 8402. Now, we are not sure if it is Mumbai based MH 01 or Pune based MH 12 \ MH 14.

I went to the nearest Market Yard Police Station to register a complaint, when they informed me that they have already received calls about this and they have sent their Marshalls to the area. After inspecting the damage, a Police Constable came along with me to the Site where my Accident took place and told that this outside their Zone and took me to Wanawadi Police Station. After waiting for about 30 minutes, a few more people came there with the same Hit & Run Case and i got to know that a few people who were on Bikes are admitted in Hospital with Broken Arms and Ribs.

The Police said they have got Calls from different people and they have 5-6 different Car Registration Numbers being told to them. Two Hours past, they still did not have an Idea if the Car was captured or no. I really cannot comprehend how can a Maniac drive this way and not get caught, it being a busy evening time.

Since there was a crowd accumulated at the Police Station, the Officer there just took my Details, Car Numbers and stated that he will together file a common FIR and will call me in a day or two to collect the Complaint Letter. Don't know what to say about this.

Fortunately, i have 0 Dep Insurance cover and it should take care of most of the Damage. But, sad part is i will lose my NCB and dont know how much of a hit i will take for the next premium.

This is the 1st time i have been involved in such a thing, so needed some expert advice from fellow members :

1) Can i go ahead and give my Car for Repair to Maruti and claim Insurance, or do i have to keep me Car in this same state till the Police Investigation is going on, if at all they are investigating.

2) Under 0 Dep Plan, do they Repair the Dents or directly replace it with New Parts ? Which is a better option ?

3) I do not know if i can Claim Expenses from him since i am claiming Insurance, but I really want that Mad man to be caught and punished for the Havoc he has caused.
To whom can i write or approach the higher authorities in Police so that this does not go un-noticed ?

It really pains me to see the state of my Car, of which i have taken so much care to pamper her so that my Car is always shining new and there are minimal scratches...

Please find below Pics taken after the Damage was done.

Any suggestions on how to deal with this will be highly appreciated.

Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review-img_20150819_174502.jpg  

Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review-img_20150819_181816.jpg  

Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review-img_20150819_181822.jpg  

Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review-img_20150819_181829.jpg  

Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review-img_20150820_071754.jpg  

Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review-img_20150820_071808.jpg  

Last edited by abhi3284 : 20th August 2015 at 09:59. Reason: Edit

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks