Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd May 2015, 10:13   #1396
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satshan View Post
Hi Anurag, I am planning for a Bangalore-Mumbai-Bangalore Trip this month end in my Ritz Lxi. Wish to change the stock Air filter with the K&N Replacement filter. I believe the model is K&N 33-2968. Getting a good deal from Amazon at Rs.5300/-. The ODO reads 26k as of now. Any suggestion/advice before the change.
Did you change the air filter to K&N? Was it a direct fit? Any other change was needed? Do you notice any improvement in power / FE ?
Old 22nd May 2015, 14:52   #1397
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Anurag, I am planning for a Bangalore-Mumbai-Bangalore Trip this month end in my Ritz Lxi. Wish to change the stock Air filter with the K&N Replacement filter. I believe the model is K&N 33-2968. Getting a good deal from Amazon at Rs.5300/-. The ODO reads 26k as of now. Any suggestion/advice before the change.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
Did you change the air filter to K&N? Was it a direct fit? Any other change was needed? Do you notice any improvement in power / FE ?
I recently got the Air Filter changed to K&N in my Ritz VDI. It's a stock replacement Air Filter 33-2952. Honestly speaking, i did not notice any substantial difference before and after the Air Filter change. The smoke emission has stopped if i rev it hard. But probably it would have been the same with a normal 300 rs. replacement Filter as well. The Engine seems to rev a bit freely i think, but it can just be my illusion. I, for one, do not feel it is worth investing 10 - 15 times more the amount of money of a normal Air Filter. Mind you, mine is a Diesel. So, i am not sure about it's performance on a Petrol Car. Would like to hear your opinion of it's performance on your car, being petrol.

Satshan, the K&N Air Filter i purchased was retailing for around 4300 /- during the Amazon 3 Day Summer Sale. I got it earlier from Amazon for 4700 /- Did you check during that period ?
abhi3284 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th May 2015, 00:42   #1398
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Ankan, yes I have changed the Air filter couple of days earlier. Its a replacement air filter, hence need to remove the stock air filter from Maruti and simply attach this one. No other change is needed. Do you also own a Petrol Ritz?

I am posting two snaps of the air filter below.

I am definitely feeling an improvement in overall acceleration, engine feels more free-revving. I will keep a watch on the FE since I have a road trip planned on 28th May to Mumbai. So I hope FE will be slightly on the higher side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi3284 View Post
I recently got the Air Filter changed to K&N in my Ritz VDI. It's a stock replacement Air Filter 33-2952. Honestly speaking, i did not notice any substantial difference before and after the Air Filter change. The smoke emission has stopped if i rev it hard. But probably it would have been the same with a normal 300 rs. replacement Filter as well. The Engine seems to rev a bit freely i think, but it can just be my illusion. I, for one, do not feel it is worth investing 10 - 15 times more the amount of money of a normal Air Filter. Mind you, mine is a Diesel. So, i am not sure about it's performance on a Petrol Car. Would like to hear your opinion of it's performance on your car, being petrol.

Satshan, the K&N Air Filter i purchased was retailing for around 4300 /- during the Amazon 3 Day Summer Sale. I got it earlier from Amazon for 4700 /- Did you check during that period ?
Thank you Abhi for the honest feedback. As mentioned above, there is surely a difference which I can observe in my Petrol Ritz. The acceleration at times was so good that it was noticeable to my wifey who was at the front seat! Even with AC on, the pickup seems to be impressive.

You got a very nice deal at amazon since it was a summer sale discount. The MRP on the box reads Rs. 6290/-. Even then, I feel its not a bad deal for me
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review-20150523_182005.jpg  

Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review-20150523_182340.jpg  

Satshan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2015, 07:38   #1399
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post

Let's see what could be the cause I'm the boot area, provided your boy is empty and has a spare wheel, tool kit, a jack and warning triangle.

I have my suspects on a loose jack place on the metal floor or tool kit rattling. There is a bracket that is provided for placing the jack in it. Hope it is tight in there!?

1) Michelin XM2 - Softer, grip levels are good ;

2) Yokohama Earth 1 - Made for India tyres with good grip and silent too.

3) Bridgestone AR20 - Another good tyre but slightly in the harder side.

I have my doubts on the ball joints OR lower an bushes. Get the bushes changed and drive shaft boots too checked. Any movement in suspension components, can allow the wheels to steer in one direction.

Someone steering components do give the Torque steer.

Also the tyre pressures should be correct in all wheels.

But before get the wheel balancing and rotation done. If there is the steer then get the suspension and steering components checked.
Hey Anurag you were spot on regarding the ball joints. They were replaced and the rear suspension retweeked. All under extended warranty (the bill came 1100 rs). The car is absolutely fantastic now. The steer is now in checked, suspension is working great and straight line stability has improved.

But one issue cropped up yesterday, I was listening to music in the car when suddenly a sound came like that of a bulb fusing off. The audio stopped. Now the audio player isn't working at all. I have a pioneer unit and when I fix it to the car nothing happens. I will get it checked.
Old 25th May 2015, 08:37   #1400
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Ankan, yes I have changed the Air filter couple of days earlier. Its a replacement air filter, hence need to remove the stock air filter from Maruti and simply attach this one. No other change is needed. Do you also own a Petrol Ritz?

I am posting two snaps of the air filter below.

I am definitely feeling an improvement in overall acceleration, engine feels more free-revving. I will keep a watch on the FE since I have a road trip planned on 28th May to Mumbai. So I hope FE will be slightly on the higher side.
Thanks for the info, buddy! Yes my ride a petrol Ritz too and its due for oil & air filter change in next service. I am wondering whether to place an order in amazon or can I get it from Maruti dealer only. Also, please keep us posted about your experience with K&N on highway long drive.
ankan.m.blr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2015, 08:41   #1401
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative420 View Post
My Ritz ZXi's second paid service is coming up and I think the guys at Pratham's Queen's Road service centre just serve up a big quotation for no reason. Last time they said it will cost 7k. This time, the same figure again. Do you think Bosch Service centre will be a good alternative?

If yes, any feedback on Sri Raghavendra Bosch Service Centre, Whitefield? Since this place is closer to my office in Whitefield, I thought I will ask you guys before going for it. Or if you can also suggest any Bosch Centre or Garage closer to (or between) Frazer Town or Whitefield...it would be awesome!

Anyone? Also, after reading the above posts for K&N filter, should I also go for one considering my car has done just about 15k kms. I say this, because I do miss the bite, like its peers in the hatchback category have.
creative420 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2015, 12:01   #1402
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselritzer View Post

But one issue cropped up yesterday, I was listening to music in the car when suddenly a sound came like that of a bulb fusing off. The audio stopped. Now the audio player isn't working at all. I have a pioneer unit and when I fix it to the car nothing happens. I will get it checked.
Are the rest electricals working normally?

Do open the fuse box in the engine bay and check the fuse for music system and lighting. One of them or both would have blown out, hence they aren't working. Get a pair of fuse and see if things restore.

Last edited by a4anurag : 25th May 2015 at 12:02.
Old 25th May 2015, 17:00   #1403
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp_maniac View Post
Hope the air filter has been checked. It's when the black smoke issue comes up, that I change my filter....It has sorted out my black smoke issue every time.
They cleaned out the air filter and other air intake internals and now the smoke is not coming. My friend wants to take them (MASS) up on the non-shell fuel issue though, so he will drive around for some more days and see if the issue repeats. Thanks for your advice!
Old 25th May 2015, 19:29   #1404
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the info, buddy! Yes my ride a petrol Ritz too and its due for oil & air filter change in next service. I am wondering whether to place an order in amazon or can I get it from Maruti dealer only. Also, please keep us posted about your experience with K&N on highway long drive.
Hi Ankan, good to know you own a petrol Ritz too. I would suggest, go with K&N and you will appreciate on the money invested. Also this filter will server you for 1,00,000 kms life, so just fit it and clean it at regular intervals. Placing order in Amazon will save you atleast 400-500 bucks in comparison to Maruti dealer. Make sure you select the correct model for Petrol Ritz. i.e. 33-2968. Be rest assured, they deliver Genuine products.

I will keep you posted on my highway experience soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative420 View Post
Anyone? Also, after reading the above posts for K&N filter, should I also go for one considering my car has done just about 15k kms. I say this, because I do miss the bite, like its peers in the hatchback category have.
Hi Creative, why don't you try Surakshaa Car care, Bommanahalli (just after Silk Board junction on Hosur Road.) I agree it will be a bit far for you but their service and attention is excellent! I have done my servicing twice with them and felt it better than others. Not sure about Sri Raghavendra Bosch Service Centre, Whitefield. Also since you have just completed 15k, better to stick to MASS.

From air filter perspective, Maruti's recommended filter change interval is at 20k mark. So change to K&N at 20K service. Let me know your views.
Satshan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2015, 12:03   #1405
BHPian

Anyone used Bosch 48749 Carbon Air Filters For Maruti Ritz, which is available on flipkart?
http://www.flipkart.com/bosch-48749-...me5ee9qtgbyyxw

Does it really work in eliminating the carbon smell at the traffic signal (ac mode set to external circulation)?
Old 1st June 2015, 12:40   #1406
BHPian

Hi,

The 30K service for my Ritz VDi ABS was done at 29K in Oct-2014. My dad uses the car daily only for a 10km commute to my son's school. The ODO currently stands at 33K.

Should I get the car serviced (oil change, filter change, etc) given the fact that the last service was done 8 months ago?

Also, the clutch is having trouble. The gear doesn't slot from 2nd to 3rd properly. The SA says the clutch plates need to be replaced. I got the plates cleaned and inspected at 31K, but still the SA says that they need to be replaced!

Please advise.
Old 1st June 2015, 13:05   #1407
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post
Should I get the car serviced (oil change, filter change, etc) given the fact that the last service was done 8 months ago?

Also, the clutch is having trouble. The gear doesn't slot from 2nd to 3rd properly.
You'll have to follow the Either time or distance, which ever is earlier rule to be in the books of warranty.

Is there any judders or issue with the clutch as such?

For the gears slotting issue, get the transmission oil change first. If that doesn't solve then check if the synchronization rings and linkages are ok or not.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2015, 17:11   #1408
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
You'll have to follow the Either time or distance, which ever is earlier rule to be in the books of warranty.

Is there any judders or issue with the clutch as such?

For the gears slotting issue, get the transmission oil change first. If that doesn't solve then check if the synchronization rings and linkages are ok or not.
Hi Anurag, Thanks for your response.

No judders at all. Just that I am unable able to slot the gears correctly. Especially when you want to slot from 2nd to 3rd, it just doesn't seem to! So, I have to downshift back to 2nd, then revv high to upshift to the 3rd.
Prodigy07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2015, 18:33   #1409
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post

Hi Anurag, Thanks for your response.

No judders at all. Just that I am unable able to slot the gears correctly. Especially when you want to slot from 2nd to 3rd, it just doesn't seem to! So, I have to downshift back to 2nd, then revv high to upshift to the 3rd.
Get the clutch fluid bled and refill. Carefully remove all the air bubbles. See if it does solve the issue or else check the bushes.

Last edited by a4anurag : 1st June 2015 at 18:34.
Old 4th June 2015, 01:22   #1410
Senior - BHPian

@a4anurag and others: My Ritz VDI is having significant body roll and it's really uncomfortable going through un-level surfaces. I feel this is how it is when I took delivery until I drive another Ritz. 30K service is due. What can be the real problem? Is the tyres have any effect on the roll? With my earlier car, Authorized Service Centre used to replace some anti-roll bar. Is this relevant in the case of Ritz also?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks