Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2015, 14:20   #1351
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review

Hey Guys,

I own a Ritz VDI and my 40000 Kms Paid Service is due in a few days.
Since this is a major Service with higher service bill expected, i had some queries.

1) Is a Enginer De-carbonization required to be done ? The SA had initially told to get it done during the 30k Service but later mentioned that it is not needed now and will do it during 40k Service. What is the need and benefits of getting it done ?

2) This will be my last Service before my EW expires. Is there anything specific i need to tell the Service Center Guys to check ?

3) I am planning to get a K&N Air Filter for my Ritz to boost the performance without affecting Warranty. Can anybody point me to the K&N Model No. of Air Filter for the Ritz Diesel. Also, is the Performance Improvement noticible and worth spending the extra money ? Also, is it a direct swap and fit with the Stock Filter ?

I found a couple of links in Amazon and both seem compatible with Ritz:

http://www.amazon.in/33-2952-High-Pe...9517385&sr=1-3

http://www.amazon.in/33-2968-High-Pe...517385&sr=1-12

4) Since the car running is close to 40k now, Car scratches is a bit obvious. I am posting a few Pics of the Scratches on my Car. I would like to get them fixed without a huge dent on my pocket, if possible. The first Pic is a deep scratch and the rest are normal ones. Will 3M Paint Sealant Package help to get rid of these scratches or any other pointers would help.

Would appreciate any responses to my query.
Thank you.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review-img_20150420_094250.jpg  

Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review-img_20150420_094311.jpg  

Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review-img_20150420_094409.jpg  

Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review-img_20150420_094453.jpg  

Old 20th April 2015, 15:07   #1352
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi3284 View Post
1) Is a Enginer De-carbonization required to be done ?
This is the last thing you should do. My advice on Decarbonising - Avoid! Let the St day a million things and benefits. I'll say just avoid it.

Quote:
2) This will be my last Service before my EW expires. Is there anything specific i need to tell the Service Center Guys to check ?
Just check your owners manual - Maintenance schedule that lists the jobs to be done for 40K service. Just follow it. Nothing special is required.

Quote:
4) The first Pic is a deep scratch and the rest are normal ones. Will 3M Paint Sealant Package help to get rid of these scratches or any other pointers would help.
Picture 1 & 4 - - - Difficult to covered by 3M treatment.

Picture 2 & 3 - - - the scratches would lighten them

Last edited by a4anurag : 20th April 2015 at 15:36.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2015, 11:55   #1353
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
This is the last thing you should do. My advice on Decarbonising - Avoid! Let the St day a million things and benefits. I'll say just avoid it.

Just check your owners manual - Maintenance schedule that lists the jobs to be done for 40K service. Just follow it. Nothing special is required.

Picture 1 & 4 - - - Difficult to covered by 3M treatment.

Picture 2 & 3 - - - the scratches would lighten them
Thanks Anurag for your response.
Another thing i notice is that if i rev the Car hard, as in put the Pedal down quicker, i see lot of Black Smoke coming out from the exhaust.
Is this normal or some treatment needs to be done to fix this ?

Also, can anybody help me out with my K&N Filter Query ?

Thanks.
Old 21st April 2015, 12:11   #1354
BANNED

Quote:
Another thing i notice is that if i rev the Car hard, as in put the Pedal down quicker, i see lot of Black Smoke coming out from the exhaust.

Is this normal or some treatment needs to be done to fix this ?
No treatment required. The exhaust emits black smoke under hard acceleration which is a normal of diesel engines. Nothing to worry.

The Amazon links for K&N filters seem to be OK. Not sure of price though.
Old 21st April 2015, 19:35   #1355
e46
BHPian

Hi All,

Am seeing popular auto portals have reported that the Ritz production would be stopped soon! Is this news credible?

Can anyone provide any real info.

Ride safe,
Abhishek M
Old 21st April 2015, 20:55   #1356
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by e46 View Post
Hi All,

Am seeing popular auto portals have reported that the Ritz production would be stopped soon! Is this news credible?

Can anyone provide any real info.

Ride safe,
Abhishek M
They won't stop the production permanently though! It could be for some kind of facelift that is in the pipeline.

The Ritz is selling 2-3K a month which IMO is moderate and good enough for Maruti to keep it going on.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2015, 11:25   #1357
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
They won't stop the production permanently though! It could be for some kind of facelift that is in the pipeline.

The Ritz is selling 2-3K a month which IMO is moderate and good enough for Maruti to keep it going on.
Dear Anurag

I do not think any updates/facelifts for the Ritz are planned in the near future.
2K per month as per Maruti standards would be a dud.

Sad if they don't revive this capable workhorse.
Old 27th April 2015, 13:31   #1358
BHPian

Guys,

My 40K Servicing Appointment for my Ritz D is set for tomorrow.
I am planning to change the Oil to Mobil Delvac 1 Fully Synthetic Oil.
One of the Oil Dealers has Delvac 1 in 1 Ltr. Cans but it is of a bit older stock, like more then 1 year old mfgd. costing at 800 per liter. Although he assured that being an old oil should not make any difference, still i wanted confirmation from Team Bhp Folks if it is OK to go ahead with that Oil.

I think he has new stock of Delvac 1 as well but it is in 5L Can, whereas Ritz D requires only 3.1 L. If i go ahead with the 1L Packs, is it ok if i only purchase 3 cans of 1 Ltr and fill only 3 Lts. Oil. Will it cause any harm if 0.1 Lts is less.

Was also thinking about Delvac MX Mineral Oil, which is retailing at 320 per liter, though it is Mineral.

Current Oil in my Ritz is MGDO Shell 5w40, which is Semi-Synthetic i think.

Maruti Service Station are not willing to replace Oil brought from outside.
Also stated that Delvac Oil Series as not meeting their standard requirements. Will have to get it replaced outside, though i think i may lose warranty. Anyways, only 6 months EW is left.

Which one would be the best option to take ?

Would appreciate some early responses as i have to give my Ritz for Servicing tomorrow.
Old 27th April 2015, 16:21   #1359
BANNED

Quote:
Maruti Service Station are not willing to replace Oil brought from outside.
Also stated that Delvac Oil Series as not meeting their standard requirements. Will have to get it replaced outside, though i think i may lose warranty. Anyways, only 6 months EW is left.
AFAIK, they will not agree if you get the oil by yourself.

Get as much as recent manufactured oil rather then buying an year old one.

You should have tried looking for buying the oil online.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th April 2015, 16:30   #1360
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Which one would be the best option to take? Would appreciate some early responses as i have to give my Ritz for Servicing tomorrow.
If you stay nearby Kothrud/Karvenagar/Erandwane, then Aru Traders at Paud Phata usually has recent stock. Get their phone number from JustDial and check if they have what you need.

EDIT: You can also check with these guys: http://rakaoil.com/contact-us They are one of the authorized Mobil distributors for Maharashtra.

Cheers,
Vikram

Last edited by comfortablynumb : 27th April 2015 at 16:35.
comfortablynumb is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2015, 18:21   #1361
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
If you stay nearby Kothrud/Karvenagar/Erandwane, then Aru Traders at Paud Phata usually has recent stock. Get their phone number from JustDial and check if they have what you need.

EDIT: You can also check with these guys: http://rakaoil.com/contact-us They are one of the authorized Mobil distributors for Maharashtra.

Cheers,
Vikram
Thanks Vikram. I did actually call Raka Oil earlier and they provided contact numbers of a couple of Oil Dealers near my Area.

Will check with Aru Traders as well.

Quote:
AFAIK, they will not agree if you get the oil by yourself.

Get as much as recent manufactured oil rather then buying an year old one.

You should have tried looking for buying the oil online.
It was a last minute decision to try the Mobil Delvac 1.
Just checked that Delvac 1 is available with 99rpm.com for 950 /- per Ltr.

Last edited by aah78 : 27th April 2015 at 18:52. Reason: Posts merged.
Old 15th May 2015, 18:54   #1362
BHPian

My Ritz is due to clutch replacement. Please let me know how much would it cost to replace the clutch and what is the estimated time for this replacement.
Old 15th May 2015, 19:16   #1363
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by meetbadri View Post
My Ritz is due to clutch replacement. Please let me know how much would it cost to replace the clutch and what is the estimated time for this replacement.
IIRC you own a 2011 VDi variant, Right? How many kms on the odometer BTW?

What exactly are you looking for replacement? Is it only the plates or plates + release bearings?

Clutch plate and pressure plate - ₹3200

Release bearings: ₹3500

Depending on the replacement you are looking for, prices would be around the same as I have mentioned.

If you haven't changed the transmission oil since long, get that changed too.
Old 15th May 2015, 19:50   #1364
Senior - BHPian

Popular Maruti Muvattupuzha says there is a circular from Maruti that engine oil can be changed only in 10,000kms which is ridiculous. I have nominal running kms and that too mostly around the town or 20 to 45kms drive.
I stick with 5000kms mineral oil changes on my Ritz VDI using 15W40 oil. Recently, Popular flatly refused to change the oil at 25000kms on Odo, unless it is taken as part of 30K paid service. I refused and changed the oil at another MASS and noted it in the owner's manual. Popular Maruti - They are telling like it is normal you can run your car fine with mineral oil for 10,000kms . I believe even with Semi-Synthetic oil, the harshness can be felt in multijet engines at around 7000kms.
Old 15th May 2015, 19:51   #1365
BHPian

Quote:
IIRC you own a 2011 VDi variant, Right? How many kms on the odometer BTW?

What exactly are you looking for replacement? Is it only the plates or plates + release bearings?
Yes Its 2011 VDi. ODO is about 86000 Kms and I am looking for changing the plates and release bearings.

I have replaced the oil about a month back. I dont think that is required as of now.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks