Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2014, 06:15   #1201
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
If they found nothing wrong with the suspension then why on the earth were the balance rods and bushes changed?

I hope all these parts changed were done under warranty?!

Do it only if your car feels sluggish. Maruti owners manual says cleaning of EGR every 30K kms. I don't find an harm in it but depends on the running.

Anurag.
Correction: Balance rode and bushes are not changed.
but it is "Stabilizer bar bush and mounts" - labour charge is noted as Rs 460 and parts charges are negligible(Rs 26x2) . guess, warranty coverage isn't there for this.
Old 12th May 2014, 23:07   #1202
BHPian

Quote:
I had a similar incident a month ago where a biker rammed into me tearing away my rear bumper.

Went to MASS and asked them for an estimation. The estimation for the new bumper+painting+labour and taxes it came to 7K. But finally I paid 5.5K so I advice you to get a quote from another MASS and also better to get it done there since painting and matching it will be their headache so it'll be done nicely.

OEM Bumper would cost approx 3K. Painting and labour could be 3K.

If money is not an issue then get the parts changed at MASS as an insurance claim is waste.

Anurag
Got the rear bumper and all four front AC vents replaced at Sathnur Motors. Total damage on the pocket: 7400 bucks.

The work quality is quite good. Did I pay too much or is the amount justified? I did not claim insurance as I plan on selling this car after 3-4 years and the amount the insurance company pays for rear bumper replacement is minimal, and it's a time consuming procedure.
Old 13th May 2014, 00:21   #1203
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpion_blore View Post

Got the rear bumper and all four front AC vents replaced at Sathnur Motors. Total damage on the pocket: 7400 bucks.

The work quality is quite good. Did I pay too much or is the amount justified? I did not claim insurance as I plan on selling this car after 3-4 years and the amount the insurance company pays for rear bumper replacement is minimal, and it's a time consuming procedure.
Claiming insurance is a pain and more of a delay than help to the customer. Moreover the insurance is only 50% the price of the bumper + painting so if the costs are 5-6K then you'll get 2.5-3K from insurance company, ready from your pocket.

Anurag.
Old 13th May 2014, 09:17   #1204
BHPian

Hello All,

I am yet to decide on this car, if I go will go with the VXI (ABS) version. My question is, the car does not come with ICE, so does it have the wiring harness for the speakers on the doors, we have a 2004 zen and it did have wiring harness for speakers on the front door. My next question is since VXI does not come with keyless entry, if were to buy a genuine Maruti keyless kit would it still require slicing of wires ? And for the right hand side door actuator would it still need some one to make hole to fit actuator or they are pre holed. The reason I am asking all these question is because I am totally against of after market fitments as the can get real nasty and the fit and finish never comes close to factory standard, with that said if there is a well laid out option I would not mind doing it as they job can be done in proper way. Thank in advance to all your help!
Old 13th May 2014, 09:31   #1205
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadTiger View Post
Hello All,

I am yet to decide on this car, if I go will go with the VXI (ABS) version. My question is, the car does not come with ICE, so does it have the wiring harness for the speakers on the doors, we have a 2004 zen and it did have wiring harness for speakers on the front door.

My next question is since VXI does not come with keyless entry, if were to buy a genuine Maruti keyless kit would it still require slicing of wires ?
The answer to both your questions is: MGA accessories.

Buy them when you go in for booking the car and check it once before getting the delivery. Since you will be doing it at the dealer there will NOT be any issues in fit and finish + warranty lapse due to splicing of wires.

AFAIK, Maruti has tied with JBL for a complete audio install that is done at the dealers unit before delivery if opted by the customer. Rates are well within market ones. For keyless entry, there is Nippon or Autocop system to choose from.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2014, 10:00   #1206
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hello All,

I am yet to decide on this car, if I go will go with the VXI (ABS) version. My question is, the car does not come with ICE, so does it have the wiring harness for the speakers on the doors, we have a 2004 zen and it did have wiring harness for speakers on the front door. My next question is since VXI does not come with keyless entry, if were to buy a genuine Maruti keyless kit would it still require slicing of wires ? And for the right hand side door actuator would it still need some one to make hole to fit actuator or they are pre holed. The reason I am asking all these question is because I am totally against of after market fitments as the can get real nasty and the fit and finish never comes close to factory standard, with that said if there is a well laid out option I would not mind doing it as they job can be done in proper way. Thank in advance to all your help!
1) The wires to the speaker is present in the doors. So is the head-unit connector.
2) I was told there are two MGA Nippon central locking systems; one is costlier at 7k and has a 2 year warranty and the other is cheaper at 5k with only 1 year warranty. The exec told that the costlier one is exactly the same as the kit that comes in car with factory central locking. Ask your exec for more details.
Sankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2014, 13:27   #1207
BHPian

4th Service Update, New Seat Covers and few Niggles

Hey Guys,

Got the 4th Paid Service Done for my Ritzy a few days ago. Cost Damage to Wallet came to around 7k. Ritz has been serving me well with an Average Fuel Efficiency of around 18 kmpl.

No Major Issues as such but a couple of them :

1) During the 4th Service, the SA informed that the LHS Suspension has a Leakage and they need to replace the LHS Suspension Strut Assembly and that it will be replaced under Warranty.

It was replaced under Warranty however they have charged me around 450 Rs. for some Strut Support and Stopper. Shouldn't this be covered under Warranty as well ? The Part replaced under Warranty costs around 1200. Please find the Bill attached for this Replacement.

2) I had posted about a very niggling and irritating Squeaking Noise coming from near the Dashboard \ Steering Console Area, in my Ownership Review Report. That Squeaking Noise is still bugging me for the past 10000 Kms and i am getting fed up of it now.

Problem is that it does not come up always and to my bad luck, whenever i took it to the Maruti Workshop, the Issue did not crop up. Maruti has till now opened the Steering Console Area about 3 times and checked for any loose parts and tightened the screws n all but the Issue still persists.

I have recorded a small audio clip of the squeaking noise and am attaching the zip file here as i did not find an option to upload audio format file. Kindly check and let me know if you guys can figure out where the noise is coming from so that i can pinpoint it to Maruti Suzuki.
The noise comes randomly at any speeds, any time and on any type or road. There is no definite pattern.
The Squeaking Noise is faint in this Clip due to Road noise but it can be heard.

Coming to the good part, i recently got new Art Leather Seat Covers for my Ritzy. Fit and Finish is Good and look very premium. Totally changes the looks of the Interiors. Attaching some snaps that i took from my Nexus 5.

Thanks Guys. Cheers...
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review-img_20140513_123841.jpg  

Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review-img_20140512_140501.jpg  

Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review-img_20140512_130914.jpg  

Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review-img_20140512_130542.jpg  

Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review-img_20140512_140818.jpg  

Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review-img_20140512_164113.jpg  

Attached Files
File Type: zip Car_Squeak.zip (1.72 MB, 110 views)
abhi3284 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 13th May 2014, 13:36   #1208
BHPian

Quote:
Hello All,

@MadTiger: To add to what Anurag and Sankar have already mentioned and not wanting to sound cynical; going with the MASS dealer for accessory fitment (ICE or Keyless entry) is a better option to live with as you can walk in to the same MASS for any issue (in future) or regular service. BUT, that does not automatically translate to a better quality install!

I too have a VXI ABS (2010) but got the accessories fitted outside as the local MASS (in Hyd) didn't have much options and also felt pricey at that time. Although I haven't faced any major issues till date (touchwood!) with mine, I wasn't too happy looking at some of the MASS (ICE) installs either; hope they've gotten better now. Having said that, I think I'd seen somwhere MASS offering a 2-DIN Alpine unit (similar to the ZXI) as an option; that'd definitely look 'clean', the way you probably want! Regarding keyless entry, AFAIK there's no need for any new hole to fit the systems no matter where you get it done.

Cheers!
Old 13th May 2014, 15:07   #1209
BANNED

Re: 4th Service Update, New Seat Covers and few Niggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi3284 View Post
It was replaced under Warranty however they have charged me around 450 Rs. for some Strut Support and Stopper. Shouldn't this be covered under Warranty as well ? The Part replaced under Warranty costs around 1200. Please find the Bill attached for this Replacement.
I guess these parts are not covered under warranty. Check the manual for details on what is covered and what is not.

Quote:
Maruti has till now opened the Steering Console Area about 3 times and checked for any loose parts and tightened the screws n all but the Issue still persists.
A suggestion to you buddy. Please don't get the plastic parts and steering console area opened up so many times as the great engineers at MASS will increase the issue of rattles in future. If the source of sound/rattle is pin-pointed only then go ahead with the opening else be patient.

EDIT: I guess that squeaking sound of some metal part that is going bonkers. Could it be related to front suspension?

Anurag.

Last edited by a4anurag : 13th May 2014 at 15:15.
Old 13th May 2014, 17:29   #1210
BHPian

Quote:
These would most likely be some kind of bushes/rubberised material which is not part of warranty. It is mentioned likewise in the owners manual.

Quote:
The Squeaking Noise is faint in this Clip due to Road noise but it can be heard.
Mine has the same issue albeit the sound is much faint; can't hear at all if the ICE is playing even at normal levels. That being said, I never got around pointing it out to the MASS to isolate the cause as it was so faint and intermittent; hasn't recurred since the last service @40K.

Quote:
Coming to the good part, i recently got new Art Leather Seat Covers for my Ritzy. Fit and Finish is Good and look very premium. Totally changes the looks of the Interiors. Attaching some snaps that i took from my Nexus 5.

Thanks Guys. Cheers...
Smart work there. Not sure how many of you usually travel in the rear seat but it might be a good idea to get the lap belt/latch (for mid passenger) out under the seat cover.

CHEERS!
Old 20th May 2014, 14:12   #1211
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avinash_m View Post

Mine has the same issue albeit the sound is much faint; can't hear at all if the ICE is playing even at normal levels. That being said, I never got around pointing it out to the MASS to isolate the cause as it was so faint and intermittent; hasn't recurred since the last service @40K.

CHEERS!
Did you manage to figure out where the noise might be coming from ?
In my case, the Noise can be heard even while playing Music. I tried to live with it but now it's getting very irritating.

Quote:

A suggestion to you buddy. Please don't get the plastic parts and steering console area opened up so many times as the great engineers at MASS will increase the issue of rattles in future. If the source of sound/rattle is pin-pointed only then go ahead with the opening else be patient.

EDIT: I guess that squeaking sound of some metal part that is going bonkers. Could it be related to front suspension?

Anurag.
Thanks for your tip. But sitting in front of the steering wheel and hearing the noise, i was pretty sure it is coming from somewhere in the Steering Console. Hence advised them to open and check it. But no respite till now.

If it is related to front suspension, will the noise be heard inside as well with all the windows rolled up ?
Anyways, planning to drop the car to MASS in some days and leave it there till they find and fix the Issue. Will take a loaner car from them during that period.

Leaving this Issue aside, since Monsoon is fast approaching and as i plan to do a lot of Driving in the Rains, replaced the Syndicate Wipers with new Bosch Eco Wipers. MRP was 344/- but it cost me 300 for a pair since i got it from a Bosch Authorized Distributor.
They even had Clear Advantage and Aerotwin in Stock. Was planning to go for Clear Advantage but it's manufacturing date of more than 2 Years Old [ May 2012] put me off. It's cost was around 850 odd rupees for a pair.

Will post my experience later once the rains commence.
Cheers...
Old 21st May 2014, 12:09   #1212

Quote:
In my case, the Noise can be heard even while playing Music. I tried to live with it but now it's getting very irritating.

Thanks for your tip. But sitting in front of the steering wheel and hearing the noise, i was pretty sure it is coming from somewhere in the Steering Console. Hence advised them to open and check it. But no respite till now.
Why don't you ask them to open the cover of the horn (on the steering wheel) and tighten the screws provided for the horn
This might solve the Issue, In my case, this simple exercise was the solution. The screw for the horn was not fit properly and was creating the rattle
Old 21st May 2014, 13:44   #1213
BHPian

Quote:

If it is related to front suspension, will the noise be heard inside as well with all the windows rolled up ?
Anyways, planning to drop the car to MASS in some days and leave it there till they find and fix the Issue. Will take a loaner car from them during that period.

Leaving this Issue aside, since Monsoon is fast approaching and as i plan to do a lot of Driving in the Rains, replaced the Syndicate Wipers with new Bosch Eco Wipers. MRP was 344/- but it cost me 300 for a pair since i got it from a Bosch Authorized Distributor.
They even had Clear Advantage and Aerotwin in Stock. Was planning to go for Clear Advantage but it's manufacturing date of more than 2 Years Old [ May 2012] put me off. It's cost was around 850 odd rupees for a pair.

Will post my experience later once the rains commence.
Cheers...
Hi abhi3284,

Seat cover is awesome.
Could you please share the price and where you get these in pune ?
I am looking for this kind of seat cover for my Ertiga.

Also share the address of Bosch Authorized Distributor.
Old 21st May 2014, 16:00   #1214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KALINGA View Post
Hi abhi3284,

Seat cover is awesome.
Could you please share the price and where you get these in pune ?
I am looking for this kind of seat cover for my Ertiga.

Also share the address of Bosch Authorized Distributor.
Hi Kalinga,

Thanks. These are Autoform U-Cheer Seat Covers. Costed me 7500 /- all inclusive including fitting. I got these done from Bafna Cars on Ghole Road.
I placed the order here and they got stitched and sent over in 10 Days.
I customized it to include Red Stitching instead of the normal Black.
I must say they are worth it.
This is the Autoform mid variant which has Riviera Skin Fit Covers. The other variants are priced 6500 /- and 9000 /-.

The Address of Bosch Authorized Distributor is Waterloo Motors in Sadashiv Peth. It is exactly opposite to Hyundai Motors Showroom in the lane in front of Alka Talkies.

Cheers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyam.n10 View Post
Why don't you ask them to open the cover of the horn (on the steering wheel) and tighten the screws provided for the horn
This might solve the Issue, In my case, this simple exercise was the solution. The screw for the horn was not fit properly and was creating the rattle
I will ask MASS to check this the next time. Thanks.
abhi3284 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2014, 20:11   #1215
Senior - BHPian

Half an hour is the maximum I can drive the Ritz at a time. The ankle feels strained and this takes the fun away in an otherwise fun to drive diesel motor.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks