Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2009, 23:30   #451
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasher26 View Post
Ritz
First thing I did was checked the leg space and was amazed. I am 5' 8" and adjusted the front passenger seat accordingly. Then went at the back and was impressed. Another thing I observed was the build quality. Opening and closing doors felt better than older maruti models.
I test drove it unwillingly, and was impressed! and bought it. Got a Vdi, so far it's very good.
Good ride, decent space, refreshing interiors, good front seats and fun to drive diesel! . . . that completed it for me.

The rear design? is for others to see! I drive it from the inside!

Last edited by SLK : 18th August 2009 at 23:36.
SLK is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2009, 23:46   #452
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK View Post
I test drove it unwillingly, and was impressed! and bought it. Got a Vdi, so far it's very good.
Good ride, decent space, refreshing interiors, good front seats and fun to drive diesel! . . . that completed it for me.

The rear design? is for others to see! I drive it from the inside!
I second that! Believe me, driving position and comfortableness is better than Fiesta. I had an initial dilemma between swift and ritz, decided on ritz. No worries.
Old 19th August 2009, 11:34   #453
BHPian

the car really felt good. very impressive.
Old 23rd August 2009, 21:04   #454
ada
BHPian

In todays cnbc channel's overdrive, all the small cars (9 in all) were taken through a route from Chandigarh to Ladakh, they included Skoda, Swift, Ritz, Punto, Indica and even the Honda Jazz. At the end of the journey guess which car was voted the best. It was the Ritz.
Old 23rd August 2009, 22:20   #455
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ada View Post
In todays cnbc channel's overdrive, all the small cars (9 in all) were taken through a route from Chandigarh to Ladakh, they included Skoda, Swift, Ritz, Punto, Indica and even the Honda Jazz. At the end of the journey guess which car was voted the best. It was the Ritz.
Yes I saw that too; on overdrive. The path was a really treacherous one and Ritz diesel coped very well. The top 3 were taken up by Ritz, Jazz and Fabia.
Old 23rd August 2009, 22:35   #456
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurni76 View Post
Yes I saw that too; on overdrive. The path was a really treacherous one and Ritz diesel coped very well. The top 3 were taken up by Ritz, Jazz and Fabia.
Funny! what possibly went wrong for punto? I thought, that's the kind of path it's made for!

Too sad I missed the show.
Old 24th August 2009, 01:33   #457
BHPian

I have recently experienced the drive of my friend's recently baught Ritz (fully loaded).

I was not that happy with car, as the ride was bumpy as we as AC is not that effective (even in bangalore).

The shape (especially from back) IMO is the worst amongst all recent cars.
Old 24th August 2009, 15:55   #458
BHPian

CNBC The ultimate small car challenge

This is what people are talking about: Moneycontrol.com || Videos >> Advertising & Marketing >> Destination Ladakh: The ultimate small car challenge!
They mentioned that Ritz build to be good, not rattling or squeaking sound in the rough roads, refined, silent, etc. Though they don't mention clearly what parameters one car scores better than others, they clearly spelt out that Hyundai i20 CRDI was the worst of all. That is very surprising when I compare with my own test drives.

Last edited by opendro : 24th August 2009 at 15:56.
Old 24th August 2009, 17:28   #459
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by opendro View Post
This is what people are talking about: Moneycontrol.com || Videos >> Advertising & Marketing >> Destination Ladakh: The ultimate small car challenge!
They mentioned that Ritz build to be good, not rattling or squeaking sound in the rough roads, refined, silent, etc. Though they don't mention clearly what parameters one car scores better than others, they clearly spelt out that Hyundai i20 CRDI was the worst of all. That is very surprising when I compare with my own test drives.
I'll watch it tonight. But so far about the Ritz, I can tell you, it's quite good over uneven and rough surfaces, but I'm still confused about it's inability to handle sharp (though small) irregularities on the road. Maybe I'm running too high a tyre pressure for 185s.
Old 24th August 2009, 17:37   #460
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by opendro View Post
Yeh, I too saw this episode, though they din't rank the cars in the end, they thought Ritz was the best amoung small hatchs. I was surprised learning that i20 diesel was worst of the lot.
Old 24th August 2009, 22:04   #461
ada
BHPian

In one of the incidences all the cars had to go through muddy terrain, i20 due to reason being underpowered and having more weight got stuck.
Old 24th August 2009, 23:21   #462
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicmanaman View Post
Yeh, I too saw this episode, though they din't rank the cars in the end, they thought Ritz was the best amoung small hatchs. I was surprised learning that i20 diesel was worst of the lot.
Watched.

I guess, there was a big VFM factor considered and Ritz capitalised on that. It was definately cheaper than the other 3 serious contenders (Fabia, Jazz and i20).

It's really interesting to know that i20! with it's diesel pumping out similar power to Jazz's i-vtec was not preferred!
Old 25th August 2009, 01:03   #463
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by loving_alaap View Post
I have recently experienced the drive of my friend's recently baught Ritz (fully loaded).

I was not that happy with car, as the ride was bumpy as we as AC is not that effective (even in bangalore).

The shape (especially from back) IMO is the worst amongst all recent cars.
One of the most appreciated factor on Ritz is its powerful AC.

Shape is a personal taste. In my opinion, it looks good in many angles except for the side profile.
Old 25th August 2009, 14:41   #464
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ada View Post
i20 due to reason being underpowered and having more weight got stuck.
Wasn't the i20 a diesel? I think the problem Shirish had was with the turbolag of that car. It became much worse at those altitudes (was only flipping channels so may be wrong).
Old 25th August 2009, 14:45   #465
Team-BHP Support

Yes very severe turbo lag in the i20 CRDi. At those altitudes and the mountain climbs meant they struggled to keep the car in the turbo band.

The gearing of the i20 is also very tall.

How come the swift was not discussed much? The Ritz is supposed to be detuned compared to the Swift so the swift should have faired better.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks