Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st January 2010, 15:30   #496
Senior - BHPian

Found a Ritz with these door plastic ( or whatever they are called )- guess this is original accessory.

Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review-ritzactual.jpg

They are tilted to align with the door's tapering but IMO this doesn't look good.

Photoshopped to see how it would've looked if they were horizontal - I like this look

Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review-ritzps.jpg

Last edited by clevermax : 31st January 2010 at 15:32.
Old 31st January 2010, 17:05   #497
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Hyundai just called the Ritz a washing machine
I am not sure whether it is an old trick but I had seen the statement in Topgear.com/uk website.

Hyundai has just lifted the entire sentence from their review. You can go through the review of Suzuki Splash by following the link below:

Suzuki Splash expert car review verdict - BBC Top Gear

The statement states that "Not boxy enough to be quirky, not sleek enough to be sporty, and devoid of any brand presence. It's an appliance, and washing machines aren't cool." Just look under the section titled as "Cool".

You could also go through i10 review by clicking on the link below:

Hyundai i10 expert car review verdict - BBC Top Gear
Old 31st January 2010, 18:47   #498
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
Found a Ritz with these door plastic ( or whatever they are called )- guess this is original accessory.
Hi Clevermax,

It is called the door panel to safe guard from scratch by the car parked next to yours.In case if they open the door and accidentally hit your door, it will not get scratch.

Last edited by GTO : 2nd February 2010 at 09:39. Reason: Fixing quote
Old 31st January 2010, 19:55   #499
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post

Hi Clevermax,

It is called the door panel to safe guard from scratch by the car parked next to yours.In case if they open the door and accidentally hit your door, it will not get scratch.
Thanks for the name. I wanted to emphasize the bad looking door panels at an angle.

Last edited by GTO : 2nd February 2010 at 09:39. Reason: Fixing quote
Old 31st January 2010, 20:07   #500
Senior - BHPian

Clevermax,

You are right. To me too it doesn't look nice. But some people like it and defend it looks good. Of course it may look good for the white not for the dark colors.
Old 31st January 2010, 23:11   #501
BHPian

It may or may not look nice and that depends on each individual.But what I would like to know is , do these safe guards really help. I have seen so many cars with their doors damaged just above and below these guards.

Over a period of time the adhesive gives way and thats when the whole thing looks ugly.

God bless.....
Old 1st February 2010, 21:28   #502
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navan49 View Post
Clevermax,

You are right. To me too it doesn't look nice. But some people like it and defend it looks good. Of course it may look good for the white not for the dark colors.
Quote:
Originally Posted by soccer View Post
It may or may not look nice and that depends on each individual.But what I would like to know is , do these safe guards really help. I have seen so many cars with their doors damaged just above and below these guards.

Over a period of time the adhesive gives way and thats when the whole thing looks ugly.

God bless.....
If they can fix those ugly guards, why can't they tolerate scratches

Last edited by sridhar_setty : 1st February 2010 at 21:29.
Old 1st February 2010, 21:52   #503
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhar_setty View Post
If they can fix those ugly guards, why can't they tolerate scratches

I am sure they would also affect the Airo-dynamics of the car. Think about it !. The maker spend millions on R&D an we ruin the whole thing a just a second. These Doors guards are atleast tolerable, but the Rain Guards that you fix over the door windows glasses are the one that can alter your stability on high speeds.

I strongly believe that no alterations or addition should be done on the technical aspects of the car.

I wanted an MGA spoiler for my ZXI but having driven the car at over 160 Kmph. on various highways I was rather shocked at its rock solid Road holding capacity. I now fear that I may loose that stability after fixing that spoiler, besides the FE would reduce further. I am now wondering whether to take that risk. My Dealer being very co-operative has even offered a non-painted spoiler for a trial but I am still apprehensive of drilling holes on the body work of the car.

God bless.....
Old 1st February 2010, 22:20   #504
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I wanted an MGA spoiler for my ZXI but having driven the car at over 160 Kmph. on various highways .....
How much over 160km/h can it possibly go spoiler won't spoil the party as that speed.
Old 1st February 2010, 22:50   #505
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK View Post
How much over 160km/h can it possibly go spoiler won't spoil the party as that speed.

Or probably spoil the fun even at lower speeds. You never know unless you have tried it out and at this point of time I am unwilling to take that risk.

God bless.....
Old 2nd February 2010, 09:38   #506
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I am sure they would also affect the Airo-dynamics of the car.
Quote:
Or probably spoil the fun even at lower speeds. You never know unless you have tried it out and at this point of time I am unwilling to take that risk.

God bless.....
I can assure you that, neither the door add-ons nor the rear spoiler, will make any difference to the handling. Not positive nor negative.

Of course, those wide body kits with 2 feet tall rear wings that some people get could affect airflow at high speed. But certainly not a mere door protector.
Old 2nd February 2010, 09:59   #507
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have seen so many cars with their doors damaged just above and below these guards.
Yes my car is an example, there is a minor damage on rear door just above this guard. I do not know how it happened without a scratch on the guard.

Why I like this guard is my car is red and any black accessory looks good on it. I have dark sun film, black alloys and dark guards!!!. I did not buy it seperately, it came standard with the variant I chose.

Last edited by Latheesh : 2nd February 2010 at 10:00.
Old 2nd February 2010, 16:20   #508
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I can assure you that, neither the door add-ons nor the rear spoiler, will make any difference to the handling. Not positive nor negative.
Sorry GTO, I beg to differ. IMO a person with a keen ear can also notice the change in noise levels . The Aero-dynamics can change with a mere change of ORVMs.The difference may too minute to notice but it will be there all the same.

But to actually notice that change in dynamics we may need to do a wind tunnel test.

Why would one want a spoiler, surely not for cosmetics but for more down force at the rear end and better traction.

God bless.....

Last edited by soccer : 2nd February 2010 at 16:21.
Old 2nd February 2010, 20:14   #509
BHPian

[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Yes my car is an example, there is a minor damage on rear door just above this guard. I do not know how it happened without a scratch on the guard.
[quote]

These Door guards are merely show pieces as other than enhancing the looks of the car they serve no other purpose. Your doors are damaged because the cars that are parked next to yours are of different heights and when these cars doors are opened carelessly they damage the side panels of your car.

You may be successful in preventing your doors from being damaged upto some extent, by fixing these guards but how does one protect the front and rear fender panels

So long.....
Old 2nd February 2010, 21:59   #510
Senior - BHPian

[quote=varunroy;1712872][quote][quote]

You may be successful in preventing your doors from being damaged upto some extent, by fixing these guards but how does one protect the front and rear fender panels

Hi,

There are panels to protect the front fender and the rear fender. But it does not mean that it protects. My car is an example and with panel too it got dent. In the front fender corners were not able to protect from the scratches of bikers.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks