Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2010, 00:41   #511
BHPian

Hi
Had test driven Ritz couple of months ago. I believe the only thing that is great about it is the pricing. Though the engine is a advanced one the vehicle is not fun to drive like its counterpart Swift.
Old 10th April 2010, 11:03   #512
BHPian

hi guys,

i am about to buy a ritz vxi. i personally love the bakers chocolate. What color do you think suits the best?

BTW: maruti is offering a discount of 14K on ritz for apr'10
Old 20th April 2010, 13:32   #513
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzinblut View Post
hi guys,

i am about to buy a ritz vxi. i personally love the bakers chocolate. What color do you think suits the best?

BTW: maruti is offering a discount of 14K on ritz for apr'10

Buddy, the colors are of your choice. Bakers chocolate is a different color in the maruti stable. Also look for Glistening Grey, or Silver from maintenance per se. I have a Blue blaze, but heavy maintenance.

All the best!
Old 21st April 2010, 11:14   #514
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funnyguru View Post
Buddy, the colors are of your choice. Bakers chocolate is a different color in the maruti stable. Also look for Glistening Grey, or Silver from maintenance per se. I have a Blue blaze, but heavy maintenance.

All the best!
thanks funnyguru. Yes the color is indeed ones personal choice. Wanted to have some opinions though. Booked Blue blaze. I know dark colors look cool but are hard to maintain. But nothing can get more difficult than my black magnum
Old 21st April 2010, 12:28   #515
BHPian

Quote:
thanks funnyguru. Yes the color is indeed ones personal choice. Wanted to have some opinions though. Booked Blue blaze. I know dark colors look cool but are hard to maintain. But nothing can get more difficult than my black magnum

Congrats. ! We sail on same colours.!!!. When is the care getting delivered. Ensure you do the PDI as well

Awaiting your Initial ownership reviews.
Old 21st April 2010, 12:36   #516
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats. ! We sail on same colours.!!!. When is the care getting delivered. Ensure you do the PDI as well

Awaiting your Initial ownership reviews.
Thanks mate!
The loan is cleared and cheques will be signed today. The delivery will be within 3 weeks is what the Sai Service Salesman said.

Its Ritz Vxi.

I have a question: In the proforma invoice, the dealer has added the following. My questions are in bold and italicized
1) Fucot-Rs 3500 : I guess this is underbody coating. Is this really needed?
2) APS (Acrylic Paint Sealant) Rs 4500 : Is this really needed?
2) Extended Warranty Rs 5000: The dealer said that I could also do EW after 2 years but then it would cost 75% more. Is this correct? Recommendations pls?
Old 23rd April 2010, 16:44   #517
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks mate!
The loan is cleared and cheques will be signed today. The delivery will be within 3 weeks is what the Sai Service Salesman said.

Its Ritz Vxi.

I have a question: In the proforma invoice, the dealer has added the following. My questions are in bold and italicized
2) Extended Warranty Rs 5000: The dealer said that I could also do EW after 2 years but then it would cost 75% more. Is this correct? Recommendations pls?

For point: 1. Prefer the underbody coat aftermarket. Even 3M will cost you close to 3K .
Point 2 is really not needed, if you maintain ur car well and check the car aesthetics forum.

EW- 5000? .. I got my 3rd year warranty for 2395?,, where is 5k coming from?
Old 23rd April 2010, 16:57   #518
BHPian

Quote:
To answer your queries -

1. Go for after market under body coating. Check with Carnation - Chembur.
2. Not needed.
3. I got my 3rd years externded warranty in Ritz VDi for Rs. 2395/- (vitesse, worli)

Last edited by gaddiwale : 23rd April 2010 at 16:58.
Old 23rd April 2010, 18:09   #519
BHPian

Quote:
For point: 1. Prefer the underbody coat aftermarket. Even 3M will cost you close to 3K .
Point 2 is really not needed, if you maintain ur car well and check the car aesthetics forum.

EW- 5000? .. I got my 3rd year warranty for 2395?,, where is 5k coming from?
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaddiwale View Post
To answer your queries -

1. Go for after market under body coating. Check with Carnation - Chembur.
2. Not needed.
3. I got my 3rd years externded warranty in Ritz VDi for Rs. 2395/- (vitesse, worli)
Thanks gaddiwale and funny guru. I am attaching a copy of the quotation below. My actions will be as follows:

1) Will go for aftermarket underbody protection on delivery (15-20 days)
2) APS out
EDIT 3) EW: This is a 2yr EW. Sorry to mislead you there. But I am not sure if its maruti EW and not Sai Service EW. Does it matter?

PS:
Is EW required now or I can opt after 2 years? Will it cost more at that time?
I am planning for parcel tray. Was quoted 800Rs for it.
ICE will be aftermarket and ofcouse ill need your inputs on that as well
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review-ritz-quotation.jpg  

Last edited by benzinblut : 23rd April 2010 at 18:19.
Old 23rd April 2010, 19:15   #520
BHPian

Opting for the EW later would mean you pay more. I would prefer , go for 3rd year warranty only if you are not willing to keep the car. But if you are go for the 4th year as well.

As you are installing ICE outside u can go and fix it from the ICE installer. It would be better as he will have custom made ones for the rear 6*9 (if you are going for it)
Old 23rd April 2010, 20:40   #521
BHPian

Quote:
Opting for the EW later would mean you pay more. I would prefer , go for 3rd year warranty only if you are not willing to keep the car. But if you are go for the 4th year as well.

As you are installing ICE outside u can go and fix it from the ICE installer. It would be better as he will have custom made ones for the rear 6*9 (if you are going for it)
I will go for for 2+2 EW. ICE will be aftermarket. I want to install the speakers only in the dorrs (in the provided slots). Any suggestions?

Last edited by benzinblut : 23rd April 2010 at 20:41.
Old 26th April 2010, 12:34   #522
BHPian

Hi! Friends,
How much discount is going on Ritz in Delhi? I went to one showroom in delhi and got a quote in which I was quoted 4.04 lack on road for Ritz LXI.

Discounts provided were: 11621 on Insurance, 4800 Cash discount, 2395 extended warranty discount.
So it sums up to Rs. 18,816 on LXI model.

Can I expect or bargain some more from dealers in terms of discount? I see in news papers upto 30,000 on Ritz petrol. I know that it includes exchange bonus. But is there any scope of further discount.

Please suggest.

Also I am interested in Swift but I am getting almost zero discount on it and it makes me feel sad that 5 yrs old car does not have a penny discount and new Ritz with same engine going at lesser price.
Old 26th April 2010, 15:49   #523
BHPian

Quote:
I want to install the speakers only in the dorrs (in the provided slots). Any suggestions?
I too have installed all four 300W Sony 4-way Speakers (XS-GT16402) only in the door. I'm not in the favour of transforming my car into a music studio, the installed system sounds really good.
Old 11th May 2010, 15:14   #524
Team-BHP Support

Is the Ritz's highway manners as bad as it is made out to be in ACI's May issue?
Old 11th May 2010, 17:37   #525
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Is the Ritz's highway manners as bad as it is made out to be in ACI's May issue?

What did the magazine quote?. I travel from Chennai to Pondi almost every week, and find driving my Ritz VXI the best part on highways. Mind you, I still drive on stock tyres and feel no lack of stability or comfort.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks