Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2009, 14:30   #376
BHPian

The black colored seat belt doesn't match with beige interiors at all !
Old 30th May 2009, 16:45   #377
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
So you mean Swift < Ritz < i10 < i20 ? Then I'm sure you don't know what a 'Swift' is, but just another 'H' praiser.
i Absolutely agree with romeomidhun. I dont know what your ratings are based on - you have to be a true n blue car enthusiast to know aht a Swift can / will do.
Way better dynamics than either of the i's.
Old 30th May 2009, 17:08   #378
BHPian

i20 has no power in comparisons to the Swift/Ritz D's forget about i10 itself.
Old 31st May 2009, 16:22   #379
BHPian

let HMIL come out with i-100, then maybe somehow they will come somewhere near the swift experience (if they give it free, that is.)

no offense to hyundai owners, everyone is entitled to his/her own opinion, but I am not a big fan or either SRK or anything that he endorses (maybe because i am not dumber than a 5th grader)
Old 1st June 2009, 10:06   #380
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gitartha View Post
let HMIL come out with i-100, then maybe somehow they will come somewhere near the swift experience (if they give it free, that is.)
One must give the devil its due. The market segment of premium hatchbacks opened up only after Getz was launched by Hyundai. Much before that, their Accent CRDi was the first car to sport a common rail diesel engine in a mid-sized car in India. And btw who talks about the Swift petrol? The rage that the Swift is today is because of the DDiS engine which, in turn, was originally designed by Fiat.
Old 1st June 2009, 13:38   #381

Quote:

no offense to hyundai owners, everyone is entitled to his/her own opinion, but I am not a big fan or either SRK or anything that he endorses (maybe because i am not dumber than a 5th grader)
Wild imaginations!
Be it space, interior styling, performance or the looks, the i20 beats the swift petrol hands down.
Swift is a nearly 5 year old model and hasnt been given a facelift since then. The engine technology is monolithic, something that Maruti must have discontinued 2 years back.
However, the scale of dumbness can very well be judged by fellow forum members!
Old 1st June 2009, 13:41   #382

Quote:
Originally Posted by tortoiseNhare View Post
One must give the devil its due. The market segment of premium hatchbacks opened up only after Getz was launched by Hyundai. Much before that, their Accent CRDi was the first car to sport a common rail diesel engine in a mid-sized car in India. And btw who talks about the Swift petrol? The rage that the Swift is today is because of the DDiS engine which, in turn, was originally designed by Fiat.
+1 to that.
Some companies only make petrol engines, borrow diesel from others, plonk it in their cars, and make a sale.
Old 1st June 2009, 20:25   #383
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switch View Post
Having bought a Swift VDi about a month back i believe i made a correct decision going for it knowing Splash/Ritz on the way to release. Before seeing the car in person i already knew that i don't want a RPM meter on my dash and my gear shift on my console. Engine wise both are same so hardly matters. If one compares the exterior looks then i am sure Swift scores over Ritz. Also i am not a big fan of Tall Boy designed cars.

But then again its just me. Don't know what others think
dude they dont have the same engines. petrol engine is different and more advanced. diesel is a fiat but euro 4 norm compliant.!!
Old 1st June 2009, 20:56   #384
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
oh and do you know that Suzuki stands nowhere compared to Hyundai in the international market. They dont even have a proper D-segmenter.
Old 1st June 2009, 23:36   #385
BHPian

I would be desperately waiting for the following shoot out:

Vista QJD vs Swift DDIS vs Ritz DDIS vs Punto MJD

One engine yet 4 totally different cars in the same segment from 3 different manufacturers.

Thank God we dont have a UVA MJD and Fusion MJD and an i20 MJD
Old 2nd June 2009, 00:23   #386
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
oh and do you know that Suzuki stands nowhere compared to Hyundai in the international market. They dont even have a proper D-segmenter.
It doesnt need to do so anyways. Suzuki, Fiat and GM are part of a larger business conglomerate. Each has a big stake in the other , although their marketing operations are independent. Hence the GM-Fiat joint creation the Multijet- easily finds its way into suzuki models woldwide. Suzuki makes cars that are badged and sold as chevrolet in the US (chevy WagonR). The Fiat Sedici SUV becomes the Suzuki SX4 in US and Asia. My friends, the global auto industry has moved way ahead of our perceptions. Comparatively Hyundai is a petty regional wannabe company much like the the DAEWOOS, the PROTONs and the CHERYs. The sheer international respectability just isn't there, even if they make d-segmenters.
Old 2nd June 2009, 11:16   #387
BHPian

Quote:
... they will come somewhere near the swift experience ...
I don't know what this swift experience is. The other day was sitting in my friends swift. When he operated the power window, to open the passenger side window, there was a loud noice. For second thought some one banged the car. This a 1year/10k kms old car. The quality is pathetic. If hyundai has to match this, then they should make some thing like i(-100) or some thing like that.

Quote:
You say no offense and then proceed to talk about being dumber than 5th grader. This is pure hatred. yeah, i agree with those SRK ads. For i10, it is more like a un-marketing. They are a big turn off.

Back to the topic. Today saw the ritz "on road". The rear side is way beyond being pathetic. After a-star, maruti has brought in another pathetic looking car. It might have few inches of interior space than swift. But on looks deparment, its way ugly. May be this is a new age design, i dont know. It will take lots of time to get used to.
Old 2nd June 2009, 11:51   #388
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai Vs Suzuki happening here?

I don't see anyone winning! Because all the talk has been unfounded and baseless and irrelevant. All sounding like fanboys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkrishn View Post
Back to the topic. Today saw the ritz "on road". The rear side is way beyond being pathetic.
I think when we make extreme statements about looks, which is known to be a subjective thing, it is prudent to say that something 'looks to you as' rather than something 'is'. Just my opinion, no hard feelings.

Last edited by SLK : 2nd June 2009 at 11:52.
Old 2nd June 2009, 11:53   #389
Senior - BHPian

well understanding that ritz comes with DDis engine same as on swifts but with euro 4 norms, so are we getting the same for swifts too? may be upcoming in new swift which is in news.
Old 2nd June 2009, 12:54   #390
BHPian

[quote=gkrishn;1329551]
You say no offense and then proceed to talk about being dumber than 5th grader. This is pure hatred. yeah, i agree with those SRK ads. For i10, it is more like a un-marketing. They are a big turn off.
[quote]

@SLK, dont worry,No hyundai Vs maruti sentiments here or any kind of hatred, only die hard automotive enthusiasts exchanging their views.Thats what TeamBHP stands for, ain't it ?

The "5th grader" reference was for that insipid show that SRK hosted on the telly (Kya aap paachwi paanch se tej hain??).It had recorded all time low TRPs anyways, so no surprize if nobody in this forum has heard about it.

and yes, vijaythaker an Euro-4 diesel in the swift will anyways become a necessity when the govt. of India imposes the new emission norms in 2010-11. Good thing the K-12M in the Ritz petrol is already Euro-4 and E-10(ethanol) compliant. Would be very simple to plonk it in the Petrol Swift, watsay?

Last edited by gitartha : 2nd June 2009 at 12:57.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks