Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th June 2014, 15:42   #1231
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Additionally, wipe your glass with mild shampoo and water and clean it with a cloth/newspaper.

Use the same mild Shampoo concentrate for wiper washer fluid as well.

When screeching noise (apart from hard rubber on the wiper blades) can also be due to the glass surface itself and Shampoo water (or equivalent) will help reduce this.

Thanks paragsachania for your advice. I did clean the glass surface with the Glass Cleaner solution however no change. I will try to check out the blade and clean it and check if there is any improvement.

Out of curiosity and laziness to read the manual, is the rear wiper and its blade covered under warranty ?
Old 12th June 2014, 15:47   #1232
Senior - BHPian

For the first time i actually have a problem to report. There is a sound which comes from the engine bay, kind of the sound that you get when the belt slips. This sound is not there with engine running on stand still, while moving at rare occasion i can hear this sound. I tried to stop the car when the sound was there to look under the hood and immediately the sound goes away. I can replicate this sound intermittently while braking. A quick nudge on the brake pedal and sometimes this sound goes away. I am suspecting worn out calipers and brake pads. At what intervals should the brake pads be changed? I don't *think* I have changed this till now.
Old 12th June 2014, 17:39   #1233
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by anzrulz555 View Post
Out of curiosity and laziness to read the manual, is the rear wiper and its blade covered under warranty ?
Since it is a rubber part and moreover a consumable item, it will not be covered under warranty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
There is a sound which comes from the engine bay, kind of the sound that you get when the belt slips. This sound is not there with engine running on stand still

I am suspecting worn out calipers and brake pads. At what intervals should the brake pads be changed? I don't *think* I have changed this till now.
I am suspecting the wheel bearings sound. Does the sound increase with vehicle speed?

Anurag.
Old 12th June 2014, 17:48   #1234
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
kind of the sound that you get when the belt slips.
This would be like a squeaking noise that increases along with engine revolutions (even in neutral) and gets into silence after that peak.
Quote:
I can replicate this sound intermittently while braking. A quick nudge on the brake pedal and sometimes this sound goes away.
Possible that it could be the Brake Pads which may have become way too hard (and innefective). Do you sense defficient braking abilities off late?
Quote:
I am suspecting worn out calipers and brake pads. At what intervals should the brake pads be changed? I don't *think* I have changed this till now.
Calipers will give you a Thud-Thud noise while passing over uneven surfaces and potholes on the road & interval to change pads will depend on your usage. Ideally it can be anywhere starting from 30,000 kms on the ODO all the way till 50,000 kms (And beyond) as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by anzrulz555 View Post
Thanks paragsachania for your advice. I did clean the glass surface with the Glass Cleaner solution however no change. I will try to check out the blade and clean it and check if there is any improvement.

You can now test it with a different pair of wiper and check if the noise goes. If yes, then its the wipers!

And like Anurag mentions, Wiper will not be covered under warranty as its a wear (and tear) part.

MSIL uses Syndicate as OE wipers and should cost around 300-400 a pair. Same ones from Bosch will be costing a little lesser and replacing is a mere 5 minute task.

Last edited by paragsachania : 12th June 2014 at 17:55.
Old 12th June 2014, 19:23   #1235
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This would be like a squeaking noise that increases along with engine revolutions (even in neutral) and gets into silence after that peak.
Possible that it could be the Brake Pads which may have become way too hard (and innefective). Do you sense defficient braking abilities off late?
Yes. I thought it was my head playing games. Very slight change in brake performance, very very slight, so I was not sure.

@anurag, nothing of that sort. But it does increase with rpm.
Old 13th June 2014, 10:55   #1236
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

@anurag, nothing of that sort. But it does increase with rpm.
Correction - It is actually the opposite, it does not increase with rpm, but changes with road speed like you mentioned.

I feel that the brakes are not biting like they used to, there is a very subtle change in the feel.
Old 13th June 2014, 13:22   #1237
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
For the first time i actually have a problem to report. There is a sound which comes from the engine bay, kind of the sound that you get when the belt slips. This sound is not there with engine running on stand still, while moving at rare occasion i can hear this sound. I tried to stop the car when the sound was there to look under the hood and immediately the sound goes away. I can replicate this sound intermittently while braking. A quick nudge on the brake pedal and sometimes this sound goes away. I am suspecting worn out calipers and brake pads. At what intervals should the brake pads be changed? I don't *think* I have changed this till now.
Bang the tyres with side of your fist and see if the sound replicates. If it does it means the caliper grease has dried up. 10 mins/ Rs 50 job. I need to get this done on my Esteem every 4-6 months. No need to change the calipers or pads unless its worn out.

Mostly happens with people who use brakes while going over portholes rather than slowing before and crawling without brakes over them.

Last edited by Altocumulus : 13th June 2014 at 13:23.
Altocumulus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2014, 13:34   #1238
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Correction - It is actually the opposite, it does not increase with rpm, but changes with road speed like you mentioned.

I feel that the brakes are not biting like they used to, there is a very subtle change in the feel.
Refer the below post for caliper noise and greasing:

Quote:
You will need to have the following equipment/tools with you:
  1. Jack
  2. Wheel Spanner
  3. Ring/Socket spanner (10-12mm)
  4. Caliper Pin Grease

Removing the caliper pins:
  • Jack up the front wheel one at a time.
  • Remove the wheel
  • You will now be able to see the brake caliper (Refer sample image below)

Attachment 1095756
(Pic Courtesy: Google Images)
The 2 bolts that you see marked in Yellow are the ones which secure the caliper pins that look as below:

Attachment 1095757
(Pic Courtesy: Google Images)
How to remove the pins:
  1. Using a Ring/Sprocket spanner, loosen pull one bolt out
  2. After pulling the bolt out, the caliper assembly is now held only by the second bolt.
  3. You can now move the caliper assembly over the pivot (since the first bolt is still secure) and now you will now have access to the caliper pins. By merely pushing the rubber sleeve pull the caliper pins out.
  4. Grease the caliper pin thoroughly and put it back into the designated place ensuring the rubber sleeve is also fixed in place
  5. Tighten the bolt again
Follow the steps 1-5 again for the the second caliper pin.

CAUTION: Please do not fiddle with anything else except for moving the caliper assembly to access the caliper pins. Ensure the car is resting on Handbrake or slotted in gear and no attempt if made to depress the brake pedal while the caliper is moved from its position.

EDIT: Quoting vaasu's query.

This is a known issue that crops up very frequently depending on the kilometers driven and the nature of roads. This is absolutely nothing to worry about and regular greasing and periodic replacement will do.

Additionally, there are various fixes like putting a rubber ring or wrapping the aluminium tape (from a soft drink can) over the caliper pins but eventually the noise crops up later on.

Basically, the Dryness of these pins results in metal-metal contact whenever brakes are applied or driven on bad roads.

Caliper pins should not cost you more than 500/- for 2 pairs for a Santro.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2014, 20:41   #1239
BHPian

Guys a good news to share, booked Breeze Blue VDI Ritz, very excited! Waiting for finance paper work to go through.

I had got few ICE questions answered previously, but still have a few. I love music while I drive but don't have a budget that burns hole into my pocket. I would like to go with pioneer head unit and Rockford Fosgate - Prime Series. Now I know that Ritz door's has wiring harness for speakers, Ritz door can accommodate 6" speakers, but using spacers you can install 6.5", but would they create any rattles or mess with other stuff within the door ? I can get 6" Rockford but they have components, I am confused were to put the tweeter which comes separate!

These questions are bothering me a lot, any help would be great!
Old 23rd June 2014, 21:09   #1240
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadTiger View Post
I am confused were to put the tweeter which comes separate!
The rest question can be answered by the gurus of Audio.

The tweeters placement, I gave a suggestion for you. This is how I placed the tweeters in my Ritz VDi.

Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review-dsc02998.jpg

Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review-dsc02999.jpg

Hope it helps.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2014, 22:14   #1241
BHPian

You can also place tweeters on the door pad.This will keep the elegant look.
Old 14th July 2014, 10:02   #1242
BHPian

Launched : Maruti Suzuki Ritz ELATE : Limited edition !

MSIL has launched a limited edition version called "ELATE" of its Ritz hatchback.

Loaded with 12 New features:

- Sleek 2 din music system with speakers
- Attractive seat covers
- User friendly bluetooth kit
- Assistive reverse parking sensors
- Exclusive body graphics
- Smart door visors
- Durable floor mats
- Stylish multipurpose bag
- Joyful ambient lights
- Neck cushions
- Steering wheel cover
- Mud flaps

Price undisclosed

Source - Advt, Daily Sakaal, Pune Edition, Page 12, 14/07/2014.
Old 14th July 2014, 12:07   #1243
Senior - BHPian

Re: Launched : Maruti Suzuki Ritz ELATE : Limited edition !

Yet another Eyewash dealer fit 'Special Edition Pack'.
Most of these so called limited edition features are offered as free accessories by dealers anyways.

Does this even deserve a separate thread?
JayD is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th July 2014, 12:11   #1244
Distinguished - BHPian

Funny. 'Elate'! Wonder who names these limited editions for Maruti. Remember not long back, there was an Ertiga 'Feliz'.
Maruti has an awfully bad history with all limited editions they have ever had, both with the specs and the names/ nomenclature! Quite an irony for otherwise the market leader.
Old 14th July 2014, 15:00   #1245
BHPian

Even I saw the advert. in today's HT.

Every accessory in the pictures, looks as if fitted by an after-market accessory shop. And those hideous graphics..

-Bhargav

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks