Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th December 2014, 19:46   #1321
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinotys View Post
Dear BHPian's, I'm going to get my Ritz VXI very soon. When I took the TD, I felt that low end torque was a bit low particularly in 2nd gear. I had to gear-down couple of occasions. My question is, why there is a power lag particularly in 2nd gear? Ritz owners please enlighten me or is it the same in all hatchbacks in this segment?
Hi Vinotys,
Congrats on your Ritz Vxi. What you experienced is basically the Achilles heel of small capacity NA petrol engines. Low end torque is poor/low in most of them. Take the case of the 1.2 i-Vtec or the Kappa2, these engines too suffer from poor low end torque especially the i-Vtec block. As has been rightly mentioned, K12M is a gem of an engine and I am sure you will get used to it and learn to shift cogs accordingly as the odo keeps climbing. The party starts only after 3000 rpm . So if you keep it in the meat of the power band its a blast to drive. This coupled with very good kmpl figures makes it a joy to own and drive.
PS : We have a 5 year old Ritz Vxi with 33000 kms on the odo and I am still enjoying it.Apart from couple of visits to the body shop, haven't faced any issues till date.*touchwood*

Drive safe.
Cheers !!

Last edited by aswin ajith : 25th December 2014 at 19:47.
aswin ajith is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2014, 09:43   #1322
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
The two parts which are red will have to be replaced by black coloured panels. You should order the parts through the MASS and instruct them to replace them with black ones. You wont get the panels outside and apart from MASS, the only other way is to order them through the spare parts distributor for MSIL and install them from any mechanic. Its a simple job.
Any rough idea of how much will it cost ?
Old 26th December 2014, 12:42   #1323
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
Any rough idea of how much will it cost ?
Usually these panels cost less than 1k since they are just plastic bits. Not sure about the exact cost.
Old 29th December 2014, 09:31   #1324
BHPian

Hello people!

So my Ritz ZXi is going in for the first paid service (fourth in all) today. Now I've read in other threads how Maruti Service can be expensive but I wanted some pointers from you guys.

1. They changed the engine oil in the 3rd service. Should I get that done too? My car has only done 10000kms in 18 months.

2. Is there anything that they would likely add (unnecessary I mean) which I could get it done outside?

3. If anyone can share their 4th service cost/bill it would be awesome.
Old 29th December 2014, 10:41   #1325
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative420 View Post
Hello people!

So my Ritz ZXi is going in for the first paid service (fourth in all) today. Now I've read in other threads how Maruti Service can be expensive but I wanted some pointers from you guys.

1. They changed the engine oil in the 3rd service. Should I get that done too? My car has only done 10000kms in 18 months.

2. Is there anything that they would likely add (unnecessary I mean) which I could get it done outside?

Well, everyone could have a different take at it. But this is what I'd not do in a routine service and will only take up if there is a pressing need (Vehicle is terribly under-performing).

1) Injector cleaning
2) de-carb
3) Wheel balancing/ alignment (can be done outside and alignment to be done only when required)
4) Extra money for brake cleaning
5) lubrication of doors etc. (in my experience this only lasts a month or so, its useless)
6) Gear oil/ engine oil additives.

Also look at the user manual and avoid doing anything that is not required.
SLK is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 29th December 2014, 12:25   #1326
BANNED

Quote:
Hello people!

To answer your question in the order asked:

1. Yes, please do it. If you feel it is not required, just change the oil filter. This is very important. The oil can go on for a longer period but best to change the filter that is the heart of the matter.

2. Check the list mentioned by 'SLK', be careful that these aren't included in the bill which is IMO not required at all.

3. Petrol owners to help!

Last but not least, follow the owners manual instruction (Maintenance Schedule).

Anurag.
Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2015, 22:07   #1327
BHPian

Quote:
Hello people!

I don't think I have my bill but I can give you a ballpark figure of around 5k INR or less with mineral oil and 8k with fully synthetic. Costed around 4k back in 2010 if I remember correctly. Check with the owners manual and just plainly refuse anything else that they try to push you. Lastly I would suggest you get WA/WB done from a reputed tyre shop in your city rather than at the A.S.S.
Old 22nd January 2015, 21:39   #1328
BHPian

Hello
MY 2012 Ritz was hale and hearty till yesterday.
However today in the morning after starting my car I realised the ecu icon is illuminated even after the engine has started. There were no problems in starting the car or driving it.
I immediately stopped my engine and took an auto to office. I do not wish to risk damaging the engine given ecu problems.
But I am a bit worried. I have a sedate driving style and my car also runs barely 20km a day to office and back.
What could possibly be the problem? Can rain or cold lead to such issues?
is it quite common for ecu problems to occur?
Old 22nd January 2015, 21:44   #1329
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitayu View Post
However today in the morning after starting my car I realised the ecu icon is illuminated even after the engine has started. There were no problems in starting the car or driving it.
You'll need to hook up a OBD 2 reader to know what the fault is to solve it. Do take it to MASS or if you know of any BHPian who has an OBD reader to help you out.

May be a loose sensor also.

But to know what it is you need a OBD 2 reader.
Old 23rd January 2015, 10:13   #1330
BHPian

Hi, request all experts and other Ritz Diesel owners to share your knowledge regarding the below observations i have had for my car recently.

About the Car: 2011 Ritz VDI done 33333 kms on stock tyres. Car is 80% driven in Mumbai, daily drive of 2 kms. Rest of the drive has been to adjoining cities, Nasik, Pune, at times Alibaug, Kihim, etc.

Observations:
1. Last year in October i went to my native place. There we had to travel around 100 kms to visit a relative. We were 5 adults in the car, no luggage. 80% road was ok, the balance 20% was a drive with no road at all and huge undulations. Ever since that drive, the left rear suspension makes a noise like to rubbery surfaces being rubbed against each other, but this noise only comes at extreeeemely low speeds. More so, the noise gets louder after a long drive.

2. Since the past 1 month, i feel that there is power loss in the 2nd gear. When i press down the pedal it feels as if the top end of the 2nd gear is suddenly locked and i feel loss of power.

3. Since the past 2 days, i feel the vibration in the pedals has increased.

4. The pickup at times seems a bit abrupt, not smooth. Its jerky. This happens at times, but happens enough that its got my attention.

I am someone who observes the slightest of unwanted sounds or even the smallest of change in the cars driving behavior. The car has always been serviced perfectly. My dad is an insurance surveyor and the cars in our family are superbly taken care of by the service folks as they know dad very well.

Can some of the observations be due to lack of wheel alignment / balancing done since some time now?

Can anyone share more info on this? Thank you in advance.
Old 23rd January 2015, 10:31   #1331
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselritzer View Post
About the Car: 2011 Ritz VDI done 33333 kms on stock tyres. Car is 80% driven in Mumbai, daily drive of 2 kms.

Can some of the observations be due to lack of wheel alignment / balancing done since some time now?
Get the car serviced once if not don't recently.

Check for Wheel alignment, balancing and rotation.

Since the car is 2011 model, do check for the condition and health also check the suspension.

Mostly rubbers parts (bushes, seals) get hard and worn out as time passes die to exposure to stress conditions and environmental factors.
Old 23rd January 2015, 13:12   #1332
BHPian

Hey Anurag, the service intervals are every 10,000 kms, thus the last servicing happened at 30000 kms. Coming weekend I am planning to get the wheel alignment/balancing done.

I am still worried about the 2nd gear power drop issue. I hope nothing serious comes up.
Old 23rd January 2015, 13:24   #1333
BANNED

Quote:
I am still worried about the 2nd gear power drop issue. I hope nothing serious comes up.
-- Any kind of smoke you see during acceleration?

-- Do any lights come up on the instrumentation console?

-- Can you check for error codes by hooking the car using an OBD 2 reader?

-- How is the acceleration in other gears?

-- For the vibrations that you are experiencing, check the engine and gearbox mounts and clutch release bearings.

Last edited by a4anurag : 23rd January 2015 at 13:25.
Old 23rd January 2015, 14:31   #1334
BHPian

Hi, smoke, acceleration in other gears, lights in instrument cluster are all normal. Nothing unusual there. For the 4th point, yes very soon i'll have to take the car to the MASS people. Will share updates soon. Thanks :-)

What is the interval for getting the wheel alignment done?

Mod Note: Please don't post back-to-back. Use "Edit" facility to add/edit content from your post within 20 minute window of posting.

Last edited by noopster : 23rd January 2015 at 14:49.
Old 23rd January 2015, 14:49   #1335
BANNED

Quote:
What is the interval for getting the wheel alignment done?
IIRC, It is between 5-7K kms.

I have been doing wheel balancing and alignment every 5K kms and tyre rotation every 10K kms.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks