Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2011, 10:55   #61
BHPian

re: Tata Indigo Manza : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_srini View Post
I'm seriously thinking about buying the Elan Diesel version of the Manza and if so, change tyres (to 195/60/15) immediately. The stock alloys are 5.5J . I have read in a few threads that the best fit for 195/60/15 are 6J wheels. Any disadvantages of putting the 195/60/15 on 5.5J instead of 6J?

Help needed.
5.5J is the minimum required rim width for 195 section tires. Yes, 6J is best option, but 5.5J also works fine.

Quote:
One more query please. Which tyre brand would work best in Delhi Roads on the Manza. Michelin XM1 or Yokohama C Drive or Yokohama A Drive?
I think XM1 are not available in 195/60R15. In Michelin, you will get only Primacy LC in this size. That should be ~5,400 per tire. I would recommend C drives if you can get. If you need sporty tires go for S drives, they will have short life though, like all sports tires. All rounded option is Apollo Aceleres. I think, all of these should be ~4,500 per tire.

Hope this helps.
amit1234singla is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2011, 22:22   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit1234singla View Post
5.5J is the minimum required rim width for 195 section tires. Yes, 6J is best option, but 5.5J also works fine.

I think XM1 are not available in 195/60R15. In Michelin, you will get only Primacy LC in this size. That should be ~5,400 per tire. I would recommend C drives if you can get. If you need sporty tires go for S drives, they will have short life though, like all sports tires. All rounded option is Apollo Aceleres. I think, all of these should be ~4,500 per tire.

Hope this helps.
same question, different car I purchased the All new Honda City last week which came with 175/65/R15 tyres on 5.5 J steel rims. I have read in various other ANHC tyre upsize threads that the optimum upsize for ANHC is 195/60/R15. The options I have are
1) Mount the 195 in the curren 5.5J steel rims.
2) Shop for 6J steel rims and mount the 195
3) Shop for 6J alloys and mount the 195
4) Shop for 5.5J alloy and mount the 195

Tyre Hub in Vasant Kunj has some very nice alloys of X2 but all in 5.5J. What do you think?
Old 4th September 2011, 22:39   #63
BHPian

Quote:
same question, different car I purchased the All new Honda City last week which came with 175/65/R15 tyres on 5.5 J steel rims. I have read in various other ANHC tyre upsize threads that the optimum upsize for ANHC is 195/60/R15. The options I have are
1) Mount the 195 in the curren 5.5J steel rims.
2) Shop for 6J steel rims and mount the 195
3) Shop for 6J alloys and mount the 195
4) Shop for 5.5J alloy and mount the 195

Tyre Hub in Vasant Kunj has some very nice alloys of X2 but all in 5.5J. What do you think?
Congrats Raj. My suggestion will be to use 6J or 6.5J alloys in you are spending on them anyway. Optimum rim size for 195 is 6J and if you spending on alloys then why go for 5.5. I am a little surprized that you are getting only 5.5J in 15" rims. 6.5J should be more easily available I guess.

Though technically 5.5 is also useable for 195 tires, but 6 or 6.5 will not let the tyre sidewalls flex much during cornering resulting in good grip & handling.

If you do not want to spend on alloys, but want to change tires to 195's, then don't waste time finding 6j steel rims, use the one's which you have. My views.
Old 28th February 2012, 16:13   #64
Senior - BHPian

Ok guys finally I have decided to take the plunge and change the wheels of my Manza to an alloy. Following are the options which i got, but i am confused with the rates though they seem higher the shop keepers are leaning on the rising dollar.

1) AVA Hyper Black 068 model, its a 15" 6.5J wheel 22k for a set of 4 (fixing extra)

2) Advanti Racing S819 model, its also a 15" 6.5J wheel for 22k (I have never heard of this brand)

3) EVO brand selling for somewhere near 20k for 4.

Also confused which design to go for, though i am inclined towards AVA

Tata Indigo Manza : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-notabletodecide.jpg
Old 29th February 2012, 12:03   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
Also confused which design to go for, though i am inclined towards AVA
Attachment 894808
Bro, the car looks killer in the EVO. It gives it a more mafia-ish stance. The rest give the car a more mature look. That's my choice. Also 20k for 4 is a bit high.

Are you buying the same online or from a retailer?
Old 29th February 2012, 12:16   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauravdgr8 View Post
Bro, the car looks killer in the EVO. It gives it a more mafia-ish stance. The rest give the car a more mature look. That's my choice. Also 20k for 4 is a bit high.

Are you buying the same online or from a retailer?
The EVO i think is 21k for 5, the rest are around 22k for 4, its from a dealer, they are saying that import costs have gone up due to $ rising.
Old 14th May 2012, 13:29   #67
BHPian

Bhpians,

My friend wants to change his Manza's tires. He wants to go for 16" wheel rims (Not interested in alloys). I understand that the Manza has 108 PCD wheels. What are the options to source 16" steel rims?

Is there any Car which comes with 16" 108 PCD steel rims?

Cheers
Lloyd.
Old 14th August 2012, 13:24   #68
BHPian

Apologies if I am hijacking this thread. I did not want to start a new thread.

My manza got both its left tyres damaged, and i need to replace two tyres on a priority basis. I want to now get two new tyres for the front wheels and move the existing right side front tyre to the rear left. Since only two tyres are being changed, my constraint is that the new tyres need to be of the same size.

The current tyre is 185/60 r15 Bridgestone B250. This tyre is not showed even on the Bridgestone site. The dealer is offering JK tyres which I am vehemently against.

I could only find Goodyear DP, Good year Fuel Max and Appolo acceleres at that price.

I am unable to find any other options in Yoko or Michelin. Please help me out.

cheers!
sai
Old 14th August 2012, 13:41   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sai_ace View Post
The current tyre is 185/60 r15 Bridgestone B250. This tyre is not showed even on the Bridgestone site. The dealer is offering JK tyres which I am vehemently against.

I could only find Goodyear DP, Good year Fuel Max and Appolo acceleres at that price.

cheers!
sai
I am assuming your ideal choice would be to replace the damaged Bridgestone B250s with new ones?

Have you tried with a Tata service centre? All authorised service centres stock tyres, and usually stock OE fitment tyres which might not be listed on the manufacturer website.

Last edited by KiloAlpha : 14th August 2012 at 13:42. Reason: Added my assumption
Old 14th August 2012, 14:05   #70
BHPian

Quote:

My manza got both its left tyres damaged, and i need to replace two tyres on a priority basis. I want to now get two new tyres for the front wheels and move the existing right side front tyre to the rear left. Since only two tyres are being changed, my constraint is that the new tyres need to be of the same size.

cheers!
sai
If acceleres are available at that size, then would advise to go with it. Amit singla has been using it (195/55) though and is happy with them. Per Nikhil, Goodyear duraplus is even better than the stock B250s and that could be the other option. Did not find yokos in 185/60 R15 when I scouting tyres for manza and Swift (185/65 R15). For Xm2 you may check the XM2 thread.
Sridhar K is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2012, 14:33   #71
BHPian

Quote:

cheers!
sai
Sai - if you were happy with B250's then go for aceleres in 185/60/15 size. Check the link below, you should be able to order it @4,091 per tire. I'd advise not to go for Vectras and the price difference is not much compared to aceleres.

I am running aceleres 195/60/15 in my manza for last 41k km's and happy with the tires.

Width:185 | Profile:60 | Rim Size:15
Old 14th August 2012, 15:50   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit1234singla View Post
Sai - if you were happy with B250's then go for aceleres in 185/60/15 size. Check the link below, you should be able to order it @4,091 per tire. I'd advise not to go for Vectras and the price difference is not much compared to aceleres.

I am running aceleres 195/60/15 in my manza for last 41k km's and happy with the tires.

Width:185 | Profile:60 | Rim Size:15
Hi Amit,

Thanks for the prompt reply. I wont say I was happy with the B250s, they were noisier compared to my Alto's Pirellis. However, I do not have choice of upgrade in this situation as my other two tyres are quite ok. I think I shall go for the Acceleres.
Old 14th August 2012, 16:06   #73
BHPian

Quote:

cheers!
sai
Good Year Assurance Fuel Max seem to be decent tyres. They seem to have decent reviews.Have a look at them.
Old 22nd August 2012, 14:50   #74
BHPian

Sridhar, kilo alpha,

Thanks for your inputs!

The service center does stock the OE tyres, but what scared me was their quote for JK tyres.

I have instructed them to source the acceleres in the same size. So, I hope I am right in choosing the acceleres as a better tyre compared to the bridgestone b250.

Right now the biggest hurdle for the Autozone guys is sourcing the OE alloy wheels. seems nobody stocks the wheels.

cheers!
sai
Old 21st September 2012, 14:13   #75

Blunder.
The cost of not having consulted fellow team-bhpians prior to choosing and upgrading tyre, alloy wheel.

TATA MANZA
Came with stock Apollo Accelere 185/60/R15, steel rims.

Ran car for 37,000 kms on alloys
PLati- 883
Size- 15*7
ET-25
PCD- 8*100/108
CB-

Wonder if the above was wrong in the first place.

Relying upon the advice given by the tyre dealer upgraded to Bridgestone RE88 195/60/R15 on the same set of alloy wheels.

While U- Turns and reverse sharp turns the tyre rubs against the plastic/inside of the wheel arches.

I am doomed.

With the above figures may I request fellow team-bhpians to take a shot as to what went wrong and if possible the ideal figures?

Thank you.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks