Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2010, 22:34   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KA18 View Post
Check this out:
New look with 17" alloys and 205/40R17 tyres
Photo property of "Extreme" (Spark Club Mexico member)
wicked looks man.
One word of caution - don't take this ride to ANY uneven road.
Old 25th October 2010, 14:34   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Could you please post proper front & rear (full car) pictures? Bet your Beat's looking way more planted now.
Yes! She sure is more planted now and is much more confidence inspiring at speed.
Please excure the poor quality of the pics. But i think they should give an idea of her stance
Attached Thumbnails
Chevy Beat : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-1287924127picsay.jpg  

Chevy Beat : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-1287924195picsay.jpg  

Old 15th January 2011, 12:30   #78
BHPian

Re: Upgrade on OEM Alloys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auto freak View Post
Guys!
I have upgraded my Beat LT to 175/65R14 on OEM alloy rims! Got Michelin XM1+ at 4.1k per tyre.
What is the tyre pressure i should maintain for the new tyres?
I am continuing to maintain the same 32psi recommended by GM for the stock tyre. Is that ok?
Old 9th July 2011, 13:51   #79
BHPian

re: Chevy Beat : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Guys, I've managed to get myself a sidewall puncture (OEM JK Vectras). Two infact, at the same spot. I've refrained from putting a tube in as advised by the local Tyre shop. However, I've managed to get some patchwork done from the inside, so that i can keep the tyre as the spare.
I have run 14k kms on this set of wheels.

Now the dilemma :
(i) Is the patched tyre safe for use for short distances in case of a puncture?
(ii) Does buying a new tyre (same spec and same manufacturer ) make sense?
(iii) Ever since i bought the car, i've been itching to get some better rubber, and this puncture is acting as a catalyst. However, the route i use is undergoing a massive infrastructural overhaul(flyovers, metro rail projects, etc) and road conditions are bad and filled with debris from the construction work. I have had no less than 7 punctures in as many months. This, alongwith the fact that the current tyres wont fetch me anything but they still have atleast another 15k kms in them, is making the decision hard enough.

Please advice.
Old 9th July 2011, 23:08   #80
BHPian

not my car but i somehow liked this alloy..

Chevy Beat : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-.jpg
Old 26th October 2011, 19:05   #81
Senior - BHPian

My Beat has clocked around 20K. The front tyres have started to show some signs of wear. And that is because no wheel rotation is done. Now here are my choices.

1) Replace the front 2 only after another 10K.
2) Perform a wheel rotation now & carry on for another 20K.

I personally believe it is not safe to run with all 4 tyres till its END of LIFE cycle. Hence I don't perform wheel rotation.

Now I am planning to upgrade & Upsize. Will be going for 175/65 R14. Will different sizes on front & rear have any negative impact?

I need good handling & grip. Ride quality is nor important as Beat is already too good in that area. It needs to be robust and durable. The roads where I drive are not really roads. And I don't want a tyre which happens to get punctured every now & then. I am a reasonable person. So not asking for anything more. Budget is not an issue.

Now comes the main dilemma. What rubber?
Yokohama C drives? Too bad no S drives for this size.
Turanza? Heard a lot of +ve reviews about them.
XM1+? It is really too soft to fail miserably on extremely bad roads?
Or anything else?
Old 30th October 2011, 00:04   #82
Senior - BHPian

Some help guys!!!
Where are the tyre gurus?
Old 10th November 2011, 15:23   #83
BHPian

165/65 good years available in bangalore?

Hi,

My Beat diesel's Goodyears got a rear sidewall damage. I checked with a few shops and 165/65 OEM goodyears is difficult to get. Could you recommend a place where I can get OEM goodyear 165/65 R14s to replace the single tyre in Bangalore.

One tyre dealer recommended patching the sidewall is it recommended atleast to use that tyre as a spare?

Plz advice.
Old 17th November 2011, 09:35   #84
Senior - BHPian

Re: 165/65 good years available in bangalore?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramkris View Post
Hi,
One tyre dealer recommended patching the sidewall is it recommended atleast to use that tyre as a spare?
Plz advice.
I dont think it is recommended. But as a spare tyre I wont mind.
Old 17th November 2011, 23:17   #85
BHPian

Re: 165/65 good years available in bangalore?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramkris View Post
Hi,
My Beat diesel's Goodyears got a rear sidewall damage. I checked with a few shops and 165/65 OEM goodyears is difficult to get. Could you recommend a place where I can get OEM goodyear 165/65 R14s to replace the single tyre in Bangalore.
You may check with TBHPian Nikhilb2008 for any tyre related queries.
Here is the TBHP directory link to his well known tyre shop in Bangalore- Madhus Enterprises:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bangal...bangalore.html

@oxyzen: IMHO it is better to do tyre rotation and keep the wear equal for all the wheels. You can go for either 4wheel rotation or 5 wheel rotation.
Old 6th December 2011, 15:29   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vprodigy View Post
@-everyone
Can anyone suggest me shops in gurgaon to find good alloys and tyres. I know there are scores of them around sector14 and bus adda but want to know few specific ones where I can find a good variety and a good bargain. Also do you guys agree that I can get a great deal in Karol Baug or I can manage here in gurgaon. I dont want to drive all the way down to Karol baug and just make my deal better by 1000 rs.

Hi There
I am not sure if you still require this information but I am also hunting for alloys . Here is what I have found

1 - Reliance Auto Zone in Ambience Mall as soon as you enter Toll into Gurgaon. They have a nice collection of alloys and as per the present scheme they are giving the 4th Alloy @ 50 %. The make is Taiwanese and I do not remember. i am not buying any there since I want Carbon black Matt finish and they do not have any

2 - As soon as you get out oFF MG Road and take a right at Chattarpur Metro station - you shall find an alloy shop oppossitte D3 Vasant Kunj. The guy's name is Mr. Saklani and he has an amazing collection of alloys starting @ 9 K for a set of 4 . He sells atleast 8 brands that I have seen. He also trades in old drum tires. You can get upto 1200 per tire + wheel

3 - Lastly there is one in Delhi that I know off which has the biggest ever collection that I have ever come across. I intend to visit there soon. you can talk to them on FB facebook.com/AlloyWheelsIndia and view their collection on the website - saimagwheels.com

I suggest option3 is better . It will be a 50 -60 KM ride back & forth from Gurgaon but worthi it

Do let me know what you end up buying and if you have already bought it, please share your Bit

Ciao
Old 4th April 2012, 15:57   #87
BHPian

Reviving an old thread!

I may be in the market for either an upgrade on the stock 155 tyres or replacing steel rims with alloys.
Unfortunately I cant do both. So I need advice from BHPians on - what according to you should I go through with.

My Beat has run only 2.7k kms but sadly the max I presume I'll get on the JKVectras is 500bucks a pop. Ill be effectively wasting these tyres but, considering the Beat is undertyred and as GTO stressed in his review that a tyre upgrade is a must, is it a good idea? BHpians who have upgraded to wider tires on the Beat instantly mention the benefits in braking, ride and handling.

Or is it better to retain stock tyres and upgrade to alloys, which obviously serves its purpose of enhancing the overall looks of the car?
Old 4th April 2012, 18:34   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superutp View Post
Reviving an old thread!

I may be in the market for either an upgrade on the stock 155 tyres or replacing steel rims with alloys.
Unfortunately I cant do both. So I need advice from BHPians on - what according to you should I go through with.

My Beat has run only 2.7k kms but sadly the max I presume I'll get on the JKVectras is 500bucks a pop. Ill be effectively wasting these tyres but, considering the Beat is undertyred and as GTO stressed in his review that a tyre upgrade is a must, is it a good idea? BHpians who have upgraded to wider tires on the Beat instantly mention the benefits in braking, ride and handling.

Or is it better to retain stock tyres and upgrade to alloys, which obviously serves its purpose of enhancing the overall looks of the car?
Bro, if you want to upgrade just for looks , then use the stock JK for around 15k kms and go for alloys now .
But if you plan to upsize from 14 to 15 inch then will suggest do both changes in one go .
Otherwise better tyres now and then alloys later whenever you want.

Hope it helps .
Schoudhury is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2012, 22:46   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
Bro, if you want to upgrade just for looks , then use the stock JK for around 15k kms and go for alloys now .
But if you plan to upsize from 14 to 15 inch then will suggest do both changes in one go .
Otherwise better tyres now and then alloys later whenever you want.

Hope it helps .
Thanks for your comments.

Come to think of it, it is a stupid question. If I want looks I go for alloys, if I want better ride/handling I go for wider tyres, if I want to upgrade to 15" I need to get both done.

Is 185/60R14 an overkill for the Petrol Beat? What about upgrading to 15", is that too much? I really dont know or read anyones post about 15" on their beat.
Old 4th April 2012, 23:06   #90
Distinguished - BHPian

15" on a beat is too much. Stick to 14". 185/60-14 is a little overkill but it will be fine. Dont go beyond that.

The standard size is 155/70-14 right?
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks