Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2012, 09:15   #31
BHPian

re: Chevy Cruze : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Guys!! Help needed!! Chevy Cruze is the vehicle!!

I am very particular about the size upgrade I want to do. I would like to go in for 225/55R16 (stock is 205/60R16 JK Vectras)

I want to go in for Michelin primacy LC. Cost quoted here in bangalore is around 11k per tyre. Is it a fair price? Should look for any other brand which will cost a bit less?? If so any suggestions available in the given tyre size?? First priority is comfort. Road noise, Ride quality have atmost importance.

I live in Bangalore. Annual running is less than 10k kms.

I would also like info about the life of these tyres.

Last edited by rangakishen : 28th January 2012 at 09:16. Reason: Addition info
Old 28th January 2012, 11:06   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

If Annual running is less thasn 10k kms, tyre life wouldnt matter that much because most tyres in Indian conditions have a life of about 4-5 years.

Primacy LC will fit your bill perfectly. The only problem is the price. I think 11k is the standard price.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2012, 14:16   #33
BHPian

Out of Primacy LC and CPC2 which one would offer better comfort and cushioning on the roads?? I have read a lot about michelin's softer sidewall which might lead to cuts or tyre burst on our roads. Is CPC2 a better option in this regard?
Old 31st January 2012, 22:40   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

CPC2 will tolerate our roads much better.
Old 1st February 2012, 11:57   #35
anb
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
CPC2 will tolerate our roads much better.
What is your opinion about Maxxis tyres? I am thinking of upgrading to 225/55R16 when the current set of tyres wears out.
Old 2nd February 2012, 14:19   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Maxxis will be quite soft. However, the grip is decent.
Old 2nd February 2012, 16:54   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat View Post
Since you are concerned about ride quality it is better to go for the stock size as lowering the profile will adversely impact the ride.

Your Cruze is a fast car and I think you should get a tyre with a min speed rating of V. Michelin Primacy LC is a premium comfort tyre. You will definitely feel the improvement in the ride. The grip and straight line stability is also very good which I have personally experienced in my Laura TSI (I have 205/55/16s) .

But on the downside these tyres are pretty expensive and delicate . I did not have any problems for 12000 kms and absolutely loved the ride and grip. But after a recent drive through some broken roads , one of the tyres has developed a bulge. I have scheduled an inspection with the local Michelin rep for THursday. I am not hopeful of getting anything other than the standard "you have a hit a pothole pretty hard" reply.

Here's a link to my post on the Michelin thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...ml#post2643406
Santhosh, am looking to upgrade my Laura (TDI) tyres too and was contempalting going in for 16" alloys. Did you get OE 16" wheels for your car (stock is 15" in TSI if i remember right) or where they after market? What did the change cost you?
Old 22nd February 2012, 14:29   #38
BHPian

My friend's Cruze is due for a tyre replacement. His requirements are
1) Stock size and V rating
2) Durability and less prone to puncture/damage - sort of robust tyres suited to our roads as he drives on bad roads
3) Road grip
4) Comfort is not a priority

He had shortlisted Michelins primary LC but can someone suggest other options considering his requirements. Is CPC2 costlier than Primary LC or on par?
Old 30th April 2012, 07:46   #39
BHPian

I am taking the delivery of cruze on Thursday. Want to change tyres. Is Michelin PLC a better choice than CPC2? also will 225 / 55 /r16 look better than stock 205/60/r16?

BH.
Old 30th April 2012, 13:36   #40
anb
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningHeart View Post
I am taking the delivery of cruze on Thursday. Want to change tyres. Is Michelin PLC a better choice than CPC2? also will 225 / 55 /r16 look better than stock 205/60/r16?

BH.
If silent and comfortable ride is your priority PLC is a better choice. CPC2 gives more grip and they are cheaper. Fitting 225/55 R16 will void suspension warranty but they do look good. 225 /55 Michelin PLC costs about Rs. 11800 for a single tyre.
Old 30th April 2012, 19:46   #41

Have you considered the Yokohoma DB series tyres. They are also very good. I have them fitted on my cruze and I have no complaints whatsoever.

Regards,

Rajiv
Old 30th April 2012, 20:24   #42

Hi All, I just had my stock JK Vectra's replaced on my Cruze LTZ MT, was not particularly happy with the tyres. The upgrade was to 225 55 R 16 94V, Yokohama db dna tyres. The results - Absolutely Amazing cannot imagine how much difference good tyres actually make to this beautiful car. costed me a bomb but then well worth the money spent. i got pittance for the stock JK tyres, would recomend the Yoko's to all.
Old 30th April 2012, 21:50   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_rp View Post
Hi All, I just had my stock JK Vectra's replaced on my Cruze LTZ MT, was not particularly happy with the tyres. The upgrade was to 225 55 R 16 94V, Yokohama db dna tyres. The results - Absolutely Amazing cannot imagine how much difference good tyres actually make to this beautiful car. costed me a bomb but then well worth the money spent. i got pittance for the stock JK tyres, would recomend the Yoko's to all.
can you pm me the details please? I have been told that upsizing will void the suspension warranty. So i will stick to OEM size.
Old 30th April 2012, 22:15   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningHeart
can you pm me the details please? I have been told that upsizing will void the suspension warranty. So i will stick to OEM size.
Well the upsize will not effect the ride height much the diff being just 2mm overall.
Old 1st May 2012, 06:28   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anb View Post
If silent and comfortable ride is your priority PLC is a better choice. CPC2 gives more grip and they are cheaper. Fitting 225/55 R16 will void suspension warranty but they do look good. 225 /55 Michelin PLC costs about Rs. 11800 for a single tyre.
How much can I expect for the brand new vectras?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_rp View Post
How much did they cost you?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks