Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2013, 20:36   #91
BHPian

I have come across a few reports that the 225s slow down the car. Not sure since I decided not to upgrade. If you are looking for Stock Size,Michelins are very good(reportedly)

Last edited by KINI : 25th June 2013 at 20:38.
Old 26th June 2013, 10:54   #92
BHPian

re: Chevy Cruze : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

I'm going for 215/60 PLC's mostly. Deciding in a few.
Old 26th June 2013, 11:08   #93
Distinguished - BHPian

Its been over 2 years running on Yokohama dB Series 215/55 setup in my Cruze and i believe the lower profile & wider track has transformed the car entirely.

Yes the low speed ride is a bit stiff but high speed they are very good to cushion the uneven patches & confidence inspiring at the same time also the steering feedback has been superior

Attaching a few pics for reference;

Chevy Cruze : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-cruze_yokohama-upgrade.jpg

Chevy Cruze : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-img_0361.jpg
karan561 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2013, 15:02   #94
BHPian

I'm going for the Yokohama A-(something) 215/60/R16 for 8200 each. Waiting on delivery to the shop. He expects it any moment now.
Old 15th July 2013, 21:26   #95
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys, any comments on Nankang NS-IIs? Changemytyre has a great deal for Rs. 5.5k per tyre for 225/55 R16 95V. Thinking of replacing the rear set only.

My current OEM JK Vectra (205/60/R16) has done 32K km.

Any experience of these NS-IIs by TBH members?

http://www.changemytyre.com/Car/Tyre...-Warranty/3736

Last edited by itwasntme : 15th July 2013 at 21:26. Reason: URL addition
Old 15th July 2013, 23:03   #96
BHPian

I have been debating between 205/60/R16 vs 215/60R16 for some time for my Cruze. Finally decided to go for Yoko 215/60. Will get the delivery next week. I will be paying 8250 per tyre.
Old 24th August 2013, 10:44   #97
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
Its been over 2 years running on Yokohama dB Series 215/55 setup in my Cruze and i believe the lower profile & wider track has transformed the car entirely.Yes the low speed ride is a bit stiff but high speed they are very good to cushion the uneven patches & confidence inspiring at the same time also the steering feedback has been superior
Is the ride too harsh at lower speeds on 215/55/R16 with your Yoko DB's?

Can you please share some detailed feedback as you used it for a substantial period? Some basic info iam looking at which i enjoy with my CPC2 are :-

Complete silence at high speeds
Outstanding wet grip

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Guys, any comments on Nankang NS-IIs? Changemytyre has a great deal for Rs. 5.5k per tyre for 225/55 R16 95V. Thinking of replacing the rear set only
225 isnt an overkill? Did you go for it? Detailed feedback please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjay1707 View Post
I have been debating between 205/60/R16 vs 215/60R16 for some time for my Cruze. Finally decided to go for Yoko 215/60. Will get the delivery next week. I will be paying 8250 per tyre.
Which Yokos have you finally gone for? Feedback please?

I have completed 45,000kms with my Continental Premium Contact 2 ( CPC2), it was a phenomenal run with these tyres which were of stock size

There was 1 puncture at 7000kms and then last week during my trip to goa there were 2 punctures in different tyres ( RR, FR) within 200kms and it made me think I should be going ahead with a change in near future

The groove is pretty decent and it can go for another 5000kms easily but, iam in the market if i get a good deal

Also, iam contemplating should i stick to stock size of 205/60/R15 of upsize to 215/55/R16? Will there be a lot of difference in 10mm upsize?

Given my great experience would love to reconsider CPC2 but, they are bloody expensive at almost 11K per tyre.

Appreciate inputs from all, especially Cruze owners.
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2013, 12:42   #98
Distinguished - BHPian

Nopes, did not go for any change. Stock tyres are now at 27 months, 34k km and getting noisier and noisier. Ride is also perceptibly harsher plus had 2 punctures in the last 2 weeks.

Will need to go for a change maybe in around a year's time with my usage of 1.4k km/month.

Looking forward to reviews of the new Michelin Primacy 3ST. Will probably move to them in stock size.

Last edited by itwasntme : 24th August 2013 at 12:45. Reason: Spelling
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2013, 22:33   #99
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post

Is the ride too harsh at lower speeds on 215/55/R16 with your Yoko DB's?

Can you please share some detailed feedback as you used it for a substantial period? Some basic info iam looking at which i enjoy with my CPC2 are :-

Complete silence at high speeds
Outstanding wet grip

225 isnt an overkill? Did you go for it? Detailed feedback please?

Which Yokos have you finally gone for? Feedback please?
Hi, the ride quality has been very much acceptable on low speeds but definitely much better at higher speeds.
Also i run them on a much lower pressure (30 psi) which is lower the OE quite a bit & i have nothing to complain even the braking has been superior.
215/55 has worked out for me very well to be honest
karan561 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2013, 09:06   #100
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
Hi, the ride quality has been very much acceptable on low speeds but definitely much better at higher speeds.
Also i run them on a much lower pressure (30 psi) which is lower the OE quite a bit & i have nothing to complain even the braking has been superior.
215/55 has worked out for me very well to be honest
Thanks. Infact, the 2 punctures that I experienced was due to my fault. Before every long trip i check the air pressure before embarking on a journey and didnt this time resulting in these punctures ( my assumption)

I always keep 32psi in all 4 tyres and I do know this is sligghtly on higher side and car becomes little bouncy but, given that pressure goes down in a few days, its fine

Ideal for me is 31psi for all 4
Old 15th January 2014, 00:41   #101
BHPian

I feel my Cruze is due for a tyre upgrade in near future. Not that the stock tyres cannot run anymore, but they are 30k kms old now. There have been quite a few punctures too.

I have been reading several threads, but failed to conclude, so finally decided to write. What I gathered from reading all of your opinions are -

Michelin PLC - soft, silent. I have XM1 on my Getz, I love the noise free nature of those.

Bridgestone Potenza G3 - grippy, noisy. The tyre dealer near my residence strongly recommends the G3 but some of you said G3 is very old.

CPC2, Yokohama DB series / S - drive - value for money.

Anything else?

I mostly drive in Kolkata, the roads are not so good. They get worse during monsoon. Sometimes I go to the villages, the roads are again not good there. However, I also go for long tours, and surely plan to make more such trips as my son is almost 2 years old and getting fit for tours. Driving on the highways is what made me buy the Cruze. On such trips I try to be at the 140-160kmph range and only occasionally touch 180-190kmph if the road is empty. All these make my case pretty confusing - I do have all kinds of requirements. What kind of tyre should I go for?
deb_majumdar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2014, 17:14   #102
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deb_majumdar View Post
All these make my case pretty confusing - I do have all kinds of requirements. What kind of tyre should I go for?
My suggestion is to focus on the sturdiness of the tyre rather than the speed quotient. The last thing you want to do is to wreck a softer sidewall tyre on a village road (with family with you) with no hope of repair/replacement!

Considering that you plan to 'offroad' more frequently, look at the stock Vectras themselves (relatively cheap, sturdy), CPC2 (pricey, sturdy?) or the Michelin P3ST (pricey, sturdy?)

Mobike008 has had a great experience with CPC2 and recently wrote that the P3STs are not as good. If you get a good deal on the CPC2 and have the budget, go for it.

Else swallow your hopes :-) and buy the stock Vectras - I've had reasonably good experience with them over the last 2 1/2 years and 40k km.
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2014, 17:36   #103
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deb_majumdar View Post
Michelin PLC - soft, silent. I have XM1 on my Getz, I love the noise free nature of those.

Bridgestone Potenza G3 - grippy, noisy. The tyre dealer near my residence strongly recommends the G3 but some of you said G3 is very old.

CPC2, Yokohama DB series / S - drive - value for money.
Please shortlist only 3 tyres for the Cruze

1. Michelin Primacy 3ST
2. CPC2
3. Yoko DB

All three tyres are almost same type and have used 1 & 2. Never used a Yoko in my life so i cannot comment fairly on those tyres

Coming back to Michelin and CPC2, For some weird reason dealers arent pushing CPC2 as hard as michelin and reaons can be quite obvious

With regards to my comment that Michelin Primacy 3ST isnt that good. Please read again, I said its good but, maybe not as good as CPC2.

So in no way its an inferior tyre than CPC2, it has all salient features of CPC2 but, somehow i liked CPC2 better but, having said that, Iam extremely happy with Michelin Primacy 3ST and strongly urge you to close your eyes and buy these tyres for your Cruze

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Mobike008 has had a great experience with CPC2 and recently wrote that the P3STs are not as good. If you get a good deal on the CPC2 and have the budget, go for it.

Else swallow your hopes :-) and buy the stock Vectras - I've had reasonably good experience with them over the last 2 1/2 years and 40k km.
3ST is best tyre out there now for the Cruze. There is nothing that can beat these tyres. I have driven in ghats, hills recently with really bad patches and these tyres hold up darn well

Vectras? ...I wouldnt touch them with a barge pole even if they come free
mobike008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th January 2014, 19:07   #104
BHPian

Thank you so much, both of you. I have driven 30k km with the vectras, and I loved the drive still, but that's because I have not seen how much better it can be with the better tyres. So, no more JKs for me too. I can keep one of them as a spare tyre.

There is a small trap I have fallen into. One of my JKs were punctured (in fact cut on the side) so badly that in emergency I had to buy a Bridgestone potenza G3 (the dealer did not have Micheline in stock). I have not used that tyre at all, but the dealer won't take it back. I have not driven a single km with this tyre, but not sure how much I can sell it for.

So, if I buy three more G3s, I will have to only buy three tyres; otherwise I will have to buy four. Yes, all tyres are costly, but given the scale of the investment and what I get for it, I will not compromise because of this cost. Still, asking again, in your opinion G3 is not close to the P3ST or CPC2, right?
Old 24th February 2014, 21:00   #105
BHPian

Hi

I've booked the 2014 Cruze LTZ and will get delivery sometime this week. Although I will definitely change the tyres the moment I get delivery, and most likely the CPC2s, what I am a little confused about is if I should go for R17s instead of stock size. What are the possible side effects of going for a bigger size? Also, what is the buy back price I should expect for the stock tyres?

Thanks!!
Familyguy

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks