Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Old 1st August 2020, 20:02   #331
BHPian

Default Re: VW Polo : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbohead View Post
Michelin XM2 is in the range of Apollo Alnac etc. It's not at the level of Michelin Primacy.
I was just wondering that if the price difference between XM2 & Primacy is just 4% (6250 vs 6500), would it really mean a lot of difference between the two models? XM2 are available and I saw them myself (it was stupid that the tyre shop asked me to wait for 20 mins in which they fetched XM2 from warehouse when I had clearly asked for Primacy).

Not sure on the availability of Continental either. All the imports have been disrupted by Covid.
Old 1st August 2020, 20:22   #332
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manish84 View Post
I was just wondering that if the price difference between XM2 & Primacy is just 4% (6250 vs 6500), would it really mean a lot of difference between the two models? XM2 are available and I saw them myself (it was stupid that the tyre shop asked me to wait for 20 mins in which they fetched XM2 from warehouse when I had clearly asked for Primacy).

Not sure on the availability of Continental either. All the imports have been disrupted by Covid.
From what I've read on the forum, the is considerable difference.

The Continental MC5 is currently made in India.
Old 1st August 2020, 23:26   #333
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manish84 View Post
Could someone please suggest the second and third best options after Primacy? It could be any brand. I am looking at smooth city ride for 90% of my usage. I was really looking forward to this tyre upgrade but looks like it would be anything but Primacy. Please advise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbohead View Post
Alternatives for Primacy are MRF Perfinza and Continental MC5.
Thank you, as this is more-or-less my question too. The PST3s on my GTI TD are looking pretty rough: plenty of tread, but cracking of the rubber at the edges. I don't feel safe with them any longer. Low mileage, but they are six years old.

Had been hoping to simply change to PST4. Have not asked local shops yet, but it is good to have alternatives in mind with the import/transport situation in mind.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed