Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th February 2012, 17:15   #16
BHPian

Re: VCCCI Vintage Car Fiesta Mumbai - 4th March 2012

Ah Ha. So you were the stylish gentleman. How about a drive to poona during the rains? Harit, if the black Rolls is WVA6 then records show it having been delivered to the Viceroy of India in August 1947. The Queen certainly did not buy it. Its possible that the British government bought this car for use by Mountbatten after which it was left behind for the Indian President to use. I wonder in those rather turbulent times if Jinnah ever came to India as a state guest? To the best of my knowledge, President Kennedy never visited India, but I could be wrong. For those interested, we are talking about chassis no WVA6, engine no W91A, a Park Ward limousine built to design no 17, body no L418.

Last edited by karlosdeville : 1st March 2012 at 09:46. Reason: Punctuation
Old 29th February 2012, 19:28   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by issigonis View Post
>>>

What will be a good time to be there, strictly as an observer?

Regards
No one has answered this question above, which i also have. There is nothing given on the page link posted in the first post. Hence the doubt.
Old 29th February 2012, 19:33   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinephraim View Post
No one has answered this question above, which i also have. There is nothing given on the page link posted in the first post. Hence the doubt.
>>>

I visited the VCCCI website and it says that the show will start at 7 am, and the drive will start at 9 am from Horniman Circle.

Regards
issigonis is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th February 2012, 21:16   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogji
Hi Scooby05,Great to know you were with us last weekend. What were you driving? Also thanks for your comments on the buick. What made the drive really enjoyable was the fact that not only the buick, but barring one , all the cars behaved nicely,small aches and pains apart, for some of them.No judges, no prizes, just a whole lot of fuel bills and oodles of great camaradie amongst all.What more can we ask for.
Certainly on for a drive to Poona , rains and the expressway ! A little doubtful but certainly want to try and see and experience what it is like ? Before that a poona trip or Alibaug I am fine. The barring one you mean the teal blue fastback. It's Haha sorted out due to just a rubber seal its Ok and asking for another run. No judging is the best ! With Bulldogji on that

Quote:
Originally Posted by harit
This may be the black Rolls in question, published in the Indian Express. Maybe tomorrow they will show the Hudson.

But, since when did the British Queen distribute cars to her nations employees?
And did American President John F. Kennedy really visit India? I thought that only his wife Jacqueline Kennedy came in 1962 with her sister, but without the President. President Eisenhower came in 1959.
There are clips on U tube showing Jackies trip, she was received in the Merc 300 and a Caddy Limo follows.
Some research required here for accuracy

Cheers harit
God bless the Queen or the Viceroys office

Last edited by karlosdeville : 1st March 2012 at 09:47. Reason: Consecutive posts
Old 1st March 2012, 11:18   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasli View Post
God bless the Queen or the Viceroys office
You may do so if you wish to

Does anyone have information about the place and timings for judging? Please do share this information.

Cheers harit
Old 1st March 2012, 12:15   #21
BHPian

Kasli, the teal blue ran like a dream. I was referring to the purple one which gave the poor driver nightmares. Harit, the judging according to the entry form is to take place on saturday.Time? I presume post lunch.Place? I presume like always, Kala ghoda parking lot.
Old 1st March 2012, 12:35   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogji View Post
the judging according to the entry form is to take place on saturday.Time? I presume post lunch.Place? I presume like always, Kala ghoda parking lot.
Would this be a better time and place to see the cars as an observer? I'm sorry but and not too aware of this, but i do want to see all the different cars without too much pushing and shoving like in a mela!
Old 1st March 2012, 12:50   #23
BHPian

Kevinephraim,Judging goes along in fits and starts with cars coming ,getting judged and leaving. If you are keen to see them all, come to the venue on sunday by seven thirty. Since you are from Poona , why not co ordinate with Karl? He will be the best guide anyone can hope for. Many cars skip judging and turn up only for the event.
Bulldogji is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st March 2012, 13:06   #24
Senior - BHPian

So is it true, that this years drive will culminate/ pass through the acres club at chembur? Also where is the party happening. Why are the grapevines so silent
Old 2nd March 2012, 11:10   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinephraim

Would this be a better time and place to see the cars as an observer? I'm sorry but and not too aware of this, but i do want to see all the different cars without too much pushing and shoving like in a mela!
Usually not a mela , saturdAy would be anyone's best bet to view the cars while Sunday would be the rally as stated in the form at 830 am flag off.
Old 2nd March 2012, 17:22   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harit View Post
This .... Maybe tomorrow they will show the Hudson....Cheers harit
It took a day longer than expected, but the Indian Express today did picture the Hudson. It seems that VCCCI has circulated only the two worthiest cars pictures, apparently Mumbai Samachar and DNA have printed them. See the Hudson below.

Quote:
....Does anyone have information about the place and timings for judging? Please do share this information.Cheers harit
Dear friends, still waiting for an answer. It seems the drive will be upto the Acres club in Chembur, but I will join Manish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogji View Post
Kevinephraim, Judging goes along in fits and starts with cars coming, getting judged and leaving. If you are keen to see them all, come to the venue on sunday by seven thirty. Since you are from Poona, why not co ordinate with Karl? He will be the best guide anyone can hope for. Many cars skip judging and turn up only for the event.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kasli View Post
Usually not a mela , saturday would be anyone's best bet to view the cars while Sunday would be the rally as stated in the form at 830 am flag off.
Of the two opinions above, I would say go to Horniman circle near Akbarallys at Fountain at 7.30AM. You will be able to see all the participating cars. Not all cars come for judging, and judging will be over a time, and we still don't know where.

Cheers harit
Attached Thumbnails
VCCCI Vintage Car Fiesta Mumbai - 4th March 2012-hud.jpg  

Old 2nd March 2012, 17:38   #27
BHPian

Quote:

Of the two opinions above, I would say go to Horniman circle near Akbarallys at Fountain at 7.30AM. You will be able to see all the participating cars. Not all cars come for judging, and judging will be over a time, and we still don't know where.

Cheers harit
Saturday or Sunday ?
Old 2nd March 2012, 17:54   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
Saturday or Sunday ?
I think Harit means Sunday Morning, Since he has mentioned

"Not all cars come for judging, and judging will be over a time, and we still don't know where"

and therefore meaning that the cars are not all present at the same time during judging which is a long process.
Old 2nd March 2012, 17:58   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
Saturday or Sunday ?
Ooops my bad, the rally is on Sunday. I thought that was clear.
Judging is on Saturday venue unclear.

Cheers harit

PS, just received a call from VCCCI, judging is at Kala Ghoda Circle from 10.00 AM to 5.00 PM.
On Saturday, please

Last edited by harit : 2nd March 2012 at 18:23.
Old 2nd March 2012, 19:16   #30
Senior - BHPian

This is a part of a photo showing where to come for the rally on Sunday. And just think of it, this photo came to me today!

Cheers harit
Attached Thumbnails
VCCCI Vintage Car Fiesta Mumbai - 4th March 2012-ral.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks