Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2007, 00:30   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
I think he was referring to the 118NE not the 124 (yes that would be classic now)......as the former's too recent a model & just a mere clone of the latter.....same in case of the padmini....
Yeah, but they have been manufactured here just like the Padmini and President (which have made it to this thread). Infact the 118NE had 2 great things going for it -1> the 124 body and 2> the Nissan Sunny engine. It did not become as popular as the Padmini but it was a great car anyways.
Old 20th July 2007, 08:34   #77
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
and yeah!,
WE includes karlos.
also there are a couple of classics near baghlingampally electricity office in a workshop, i always wanted to identify those, but dont have much knowledge about calssics
Hmm....I wasnt aware of that.....you could show us the place when we meet (I'll pm you my no. so u can call me & we can plan in advance..)
'hope they are still there!

Quote:
hey all the best buddy, for your next acquisition. will be waiting for the news. Oh! btw, do you mind if i came to see what that is??
Sure buddy!! But hey, if its at my place (which is near Ghatkesar, RR dist.) you'll have to find time to come a loooong way to see it....but since I'm planning to get some tinkering work done on it first it'll most likely be somewhere in the city, closer to you....'bet Karl'd be all the more excited to see it!
Old 20th July 2007, 09:12   #78
Distinguished - BHPian

Hindustan 14 seen at a local garage....possibly the best example I've ever seen!

Dash is all original (I hope!)

Old 20th July 2007, 10:58   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
Hindustan 14 seen at a local garage....possibly the best example I've ever seen!

hey!!, i think i know this car, or may be seen a similar car, almost broke my head to find which car is it. (didnt i say, i am poor about classics) That H thing was closer to the B in the bently, though the bently had a standing elephant i suppose but was wondering what a deer's head was!!!!

For a moment thought the H could from hillman!!!, never saw a hillman in real, and heard there are quite a good number of hillmans in india.

The car I have seen was at lakdikapul, in an appartments adjacent to ravindra bharathi. I found what this car was. after seeing my friends morris minor.

Did you say Ghatkesar, damn!!!, I have visit to my friends place which is after Ghatkesar which is pending . Only been avoiding for its distance and had a stupid CD100ss(now upgraded to suzuki zeus), which made me lazy to go that far.

But tell me have you took the delivery of the car, and if not and if the car is in the city, would like to pay you(car) a visit also a chance to meet you.

raj.

Last edited by kkr2k2 : 20th July 2007 at 11:00.
Old 20th July 2007, 12:00   #80
BHPian

Hey Raj do count me in on this Ghatkesar trip too. Of course that has to be if Stanher doesn't mind my tagging along. Don't you also want to check out the upgrade of ICE (WIP) on my Santro?

@Stanher: Could I join up with kkr2k2 to see your new acquisition and for a dekho of your prized possessions? After all I the car I learnt driving on was a Standard 10, perfected on a Herald (MKII IIRC) and then FRCS (Fooled round the country side) on a Gazel. Hope you know why I would like to see you your machines.

Last edited by suren181 : 20th July 2007 at 12:08.
Old 20th July 2007, 13:01   #81

Quote:
you are right, i too realised it, but after the 20 min.s thing.

hmm!!!,
are WE going to the paint garage, when karlos is here.

does any one of you have come across the studebakers in india.

@stanher, i heard there was a studebaker near basanth theatre in kachiguda, do you have any idea about it.

raj.
There were many Studebaker models in India,though the popular ones were Champion,President and Commander
Champion was the smallest at 1800cc and we had both a Champion and a Commander,and I have driven them extensively.
Talking about Studebaker in Hyderabad many years back there was a lovly Champion owned by a Bengali friend of mine kept in PATNY garage in Secunderabad.
I almost bought it, it was from Maharaja of Travancore's stables.
But then I got my Riley so Stude di'nt come through.
If you live in Secunderabad go to Sikh village "Kallu Compound" you may find A Champion Aero nose in Pink colour.Atleast it was there a couple of years back.
Old 20th July 2007, 19:32   #82
Distinguished - BHPian

Raj & suren- of course you're both welcome to meet up with me & check out my 'collection' (if you could call it so! :P)....raj, I've pm'd you my no.....will send it to suren too......
But yea guys, one thing- if tomorrow, would prefer to meet before evening...see ya!
Old 11th August 2007, 23:37   #83
Senior - BHPian

Spotted these two Morris Minor's at Almeida Park, Bandra.

Gordon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2007, 23:46   #84
Senior - BHPian

^^ Awesome pic Gordon.
Old 11th August 2007, 23:46   #85
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
I believe both cars are for sale, with a prominent dealer there.
Old 12th August 2007, 00:31   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post

GORDON is that a BMW in the background??
Old 12th August 2007, 01:15   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMATMO View Post
GORDON is that a BMW in the background??
Yup, it's the E39 5-series.
Old 12th August 2007, 01:18   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

does any one of you have come across the studebakers in india.

@stanher, i heard there was a studebaker near basanth theatre in kachiguda, do you have any idea about it.

raj.
Well guys a few years ago i had a 1958 very original Studebaker President with a West Bengal Registeration. It was an amazing car and its V-8 purred like a cat. What I liked was its unique globe type speedo... saw nothing like that on any other car. Had to sell it for personal reasons. I dont know where its gone since. The guy who bought it from me, deteriorated it throughly and then it just disappeared somewhere. Was told it got sold to some collector. Thank God it was not to a scrap yard. Also know a few people in bombay who own studebakers
Old 12th August 2007, 02:11   #89
Senior - BHPian

i know someone who has the studebaker flight hawk and i have a studebaker champion. both cars are similer to the ones below.
studebaker champion 47

studebaker flighthawk

these are not pictures of the original cars but same years. just takeing precaution before you guys jump on me .
Old 12th August 2007, 10:22   #90
Distinguished - BHPian

We have a lovely single owner Golden Hawk in Poona, which I regularly see on the road. I hope to get some pics soon.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks