Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2009, 20:13   #2086
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by predatorwheelz View Post
It IS a Triumph Spitfire. The sunken headlights and kinked door-line are unmistakeable. Forgive me!
And how I wish it was restorable enough! At one point of time, I badly wanted one, although I like the older mk1 version better.
Old 31st May 2009, 20:55   #2087
Distinguished - BHPian

esskay and vijay liked the car pictures you've posted.
vijay the 1940's Fleetmaster featured was the Fleetline's predecessor in India.
esskay the Chevrolet Fleetmaster is excellently original but is sadly decaying.The headlights are very American and original-they used to have an oval ring around the sealbeams which are there.The tail light assemblies are also very Chevrolet. See the lock on the petrol tank cover, the owner applied, to supposedly shoo away petrol thieves.Presumably coz' the petrol tank has the capacity of a filling station!

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 31st May 2009 at 20:58.
Old 31st May 2009, 21:05   #2088
Distinguished - BHPian

A Rotting Landmaster

This Landmaster was a daily use car and was fitted with a diesel (guess it was a Matador OM616) engine in the 1980's.The new silver paintwork and the renovated woody dash with new plush interiors all done up in the 1980's, made it appear dashing and its road presence then, in the company of Premiers and Ambys was marked and felt.
But as they say all good things must come to an end, this car's owner-driver passed away about five years back.His children love the car very much and do not want to sell it at all. They have however not been using it since their father passed away but have handed over this car to a garage for repairs and restoration.Lets hope the car gets back on the roads as a Queen Landmaster!
Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-dsc04009.jpg

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-dsc04010.jpg

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-dsc04011.jpg

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-dsc04012.jpg

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-dsc04013.jpg

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-dsc04014.jpg

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-dsc04015.jpg

Name:  DSC04016.JPG
Views: 2811
Size:  131.2 KB
Old 1st June 2009, 00:39   #2089
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddartha View Post
the dolphin does not qualify to be on this thread, lol , not much metal in it to rust, anyway, the estate version is pretty rare, i love it .
In fact to my eyes, the estate version of the Dolphin looked even better than the standard hatch.
Old 1st June 2009, 09:57   #2090
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
And how I wish it was restorable enough! At one point of time, I badly wanted one, although I like the older mk1 version better.
I have always wanted one of these or a MG B, Healey or a TR but you know they are rarer then hens teeth in India.

That car could be saved if one has the urge and the means to do so. May end up not as original as some would want it but hey just look at its styling.

Why doesn't anyone take this up,drop in a bigger engine and have fun.

Is it for sale with clear updated title and if so how much ?

Wasif
Old 1st June 2009, 11:30   #2091
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esskay View Post
Found somewhere in UttarPradesh
Esskay great find there. Is there a possible way of getting the address or the contact details of the owners. I am interested in the Chevy impala and the triumph spitfire. Thank you.
Old 1st June 2009, 11:47   #2092

Waah Waah!! Speedy Bhai on the Forum Again!! Its been quite long since we have seen you here!!

@Anjan, as I already mentioned on "that other place you put the pictures" I really want a landy but certainly not that one!! I woudnt mind using this one for parts and trims though!!
Old 1st June 2009, 16:26   #2093
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
Esskay great find there. Is there a possible way of getting the address or the contact details of the owners. I am interested in the Chevy impala and the triumph spitfire. Thank you.
We need to launch a "Save the Spit" campaign here. There was a similar vinatge Sunbeam Alpine in very similar condition lying around at a garage in Hyderabad. Does anyone know if it was rescued.
Old 1st June 2009, 21:15   #2094
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
@Anjan, as I already mentioned on "that other place you put the pictures" I really want a landy but certainly not that one!! I woudnt mind using this one for parts and trims though!!
Cyrus delighted to know that you are on the hunt for a Landy. I feel Mumbai and Pune should have one in very good for sale. Will keep an eye if there's one here!
Old 1st June 2009, 23:17   #2095
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
Thanks for sharing. Any pictures of the black Chevy (?) in the back?
It seems to have a flat windscreen - if so then it should be a Dodge or Plymouth - early 50's. Mohaan
Old 2nd June 2009, 11:29   #2096
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasif View Post
We need to launch a "Save the Spit" campaign here. There was a similar vinatge Sunbeam Alpine in very similar condition lying around at a garage in Hyderabad. Does anyone know if it was rescued.
If i do get the adresses for both the spitfire and the alpine i would most gladly bring them home. The Spitfire can be restored, though it would not be a cake walk by any instance, Presumeing it does atleast have the original engine and gearbox.
Old 2nd June 2009, 17:03   #2097
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If i do get the adresses for both the spitfire and the alpine i would most gladly bring them home. The Spitfire can be restored, though it would not be a cake walk by any instance, Presumeing it does atleast have the original engine and gearbox.
The Alpine was sitting in a garage opposite the Hotel Nagarjuna in Basheer Bagh area of Hyderabad. It was mechanically complete / original but needed serious bodywork, no flooring left on it.

It was a shame to see this happening to such a nice car. The garage guy was also said to have had a MG B at one time and there was a Riley 1.5 sedan also lying with him.

Some issues with the title are to be looked out for.

The Alpine was a early series car with the longer taifin which was later shortened / made vertical on the later cars.

Best of luck with teh chase. Do keep us posted.

Wasif
Old 2nd June 2009, 20:25   #2098
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Best of luck with teh chase. Do keep us posted.
Wasif
Thank you for the head start will have someone look into this place. How long back were these cars there?
Old 3rd June 2009, 10:49   #2099
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you for the head start will have someone look into this place. How long back were these cars there?
Thats a good question. The last I saw of them and they were still there was maybe 1999.
Old 3rd June 2009, 11:28   #2100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thats a good question. The last I saw of them and they were still there was maybe 1999.
Ten years gone by so i doubt the cars would have survived, but definately worth a try.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks