Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2007, 14:00   #496
Senior - BHPian

guys this anglia was posted by cyrus and found in pune so it could be this car and the guy has used the picture of the car scooby has bought.

Old 27th September 2007, 15:31   #497
Senior - BHPian

OK guys, I have decided not to buy the car!!
went 3 days back to see the car, and was very unhappy with the progress, so told the owner so. he decided to put it up again on ebay and thats how youll see it there!
It was my fault as Karl had said not to trust the work to be done in Goa. People dont work there!! If anyone is interested, please buy the car as it is and then work on it oneself, which I dont have the time to do.
Old 28th September 2007, 12:42   #498
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby05 View Post
OK guys, I have decided not to buy the car!!
went 3 days back to see the car, and was very unhappy with the progress, so told the owner so. he decided to put it up again on ebay and thats how youll see it there!
It was my fault as Karl had said not to trust the work to be done in Goa. People dont work there!! If anyone is interested, please buy the car as it is and then work on it oneself, which I dont have the time to do.
Okie! so i guess that solves the mystery!
Old 25th November 2007, 07:21   #499
BHPian

vintage cars in your city

Here is one i found near Madurai.The car is not for sale and is likely to be made up.

My friend says it a very good car to go around the city with wife nearby and mother in law in the back seat.
Old 25th November 2007, 12:51   #500
Distinguished - BHPian

That Chevy is quite a find, and seems very well preserved. We already have a thread for Classics being restored in India here

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintag...red-india.html
Old 26th November 2007, 07:25   #501
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
That Chevy is quite a find, and seems very well preserved. We already have a thread for Classics being restored in India here

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintag...red-india.html
Thanx karl for pointing out the appropriate thread.

Moderators please move and merge this with 'classics being restored' thread.
Old 26th November 2007, 15:10   #502
Senior - BHPian

the chevy is a beauty. i hope the owners restore her. this is the ideal car used abroad to make hot rods, no tthat i am implyinhg on the owner to do it to her. i would love to see her on the roads. great find stampro. i would love to own such a car someday.
Old 28th November 2007, 07:21   #503
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
the chevy is a beauty. great find stampro. i would love to own such a car someday.
Thank you speedy if i had two chevrolet master deluxe's i would give you one.You haven't seen this angle of this magnificient car.

It is a 193x chevrolet Master Deluxe two door coupe with six cylinder inline petrol engine.The rear seat is foldable (seen like a boot). two spare tyres on both mudguards.So stylish and royal.

Last edited by stampro : 28th November 2007 at 07:26. Reason: add one more photo
Old 28th November 2007, 08:39   #504
Senior - BHPian

Yup! that sure is a great find stampro. She will be a real head turner once she's complete! By the way, the seat in the boot is called the rumble seat, often nicknamed, the mother in law seat!
Old 28th November 2007, 11:39   #505
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampro View Post
Thank you speedy if i had two chevrolet master deluxe's i would give you one.You haven't seen this angle of this magnificient car.

It is a 193x chevrolet Master Deluxe two door coupe with six cylinder inline petrol engine.The rear seat is foldable (seen like a boot). two spare tyres on both mudguards.So stylish and royal.

thank you for your genorousity. i would surely have taken you up on the offer.

i have seen a similar car fully restored and like you said with the tyres on the mudgaurds and pull up seats it is a stunner. this is a popular model to be made into hotrods too. it would be a looker when ready.
Old 29th November 2007, 07:18   #506
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
i have seen a similar car fully restored and like you said with the tyres on the mudgaurds and pull up seats it is a stunner. this is a popular model to be made into hotrods too. it would be a looker when ready.
two more photos of this stunner.

Steering and dash board

6cyl engine and horn
Old 30th November 2007, 02:55   #507
Senior - BHPian

What year is the car . Can be got ! I meant the handles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
Bantam I think, 1947/48

The car with the gold handles is the daimler. Not the Bugatti. I shall scan post photos and not with the Holkars but with the Kasliwals of Inder bhavan in Indore. the Jag Mk 5 / Buick 47 convertible and the two mercedes one a 170 V early year and the 230/ 220 1931 roadster is with a collector in Bangalore.

Last edited by aah78 : 30th November 2007 at 03:37. Reason: multiple posts merged
Old 30th November 2007, 08:05   #508
BHPian

My friend is restoring fairline.She is 350BHP now.They trying to make it 750BHP.I will post the pictures soon.
Old 30th November 2007, 10:21   #509
Distinguished - BHPian

Kasli, please specify which post your are replying to, Its difficult to understand what you say, as you are replying to very old posts. ID 288 in the Guess the car thread is a Renault.
Which Daimler/Bugatti do you speak of? Give us a link to the original post.

Cheers
karl

Last edited by karlosdeville : 30th November 2007 at 10:23.
Old 1st December 2007, 21:57   #510
Ram
Senior - BHPian

High-temperature Engine enamel

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby05 View Post
Sorry Sir .
The dipped paint,the starter etc, Made me assume it is a marine engine.
When me, Karl and Ram had checked out the Mustang in Pune it was dipped in Blue paint and the Chevelle V8 we saw at the same garage was dipped in Orange like this one. Ram mentioned that there was some convention behind the engine paint which I dont recall right now. Mebbe you guys are aware of this?
Friends, if you'll forgive me for jumping into this thread so late...
What I'd shared with Kiran is that all Ford engines were black enamelled from 1959 up to 1965. After the 1966 model-year, Ford started to use a peacock-blue engine paint.

GM (Chevrolet for instance) on the other hand used an orange-red engine paint.

All Pontiac V8 engines were enameled in light-blue from 1959 up to 1965.

So the yellow (non-std color) 1962 Pontiac Tempest LeMans convertible should have a light blue enameled Trophy-4 engine, not an orange one.

What is this enamel?
Ceramic-based high-gloss engine enamel that is stable in color and appearance (without blistering, flaking, cracking or peeling) upto 260 degrees Celsius, and resistant to mineral oil, gas grease, rust, salt, humidity, and solvents. This is usually suitable for disc brake callipers, cast engine bodies and radiators.

The enamel cures through oxidation and polymerization, (combining of individual molecules to form larger molecules).
This new coating film is durable, high-gloss and will not re-dissolve in its original solvent.

Ram

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks