Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2009, 20:20   #211
BHPian

There was a classic car show by Cartier a month or so back at race course , mumbai , I was there to click some pictures for the organizers. Beautiful cars all around !
Old 5th January 2009, 21:12   #212
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikrut View Post
There was a classic car show by Cartier a month or so back at race course , mumbai , I was there to click some pictures for the organizers. Beautiful cars all around !
Well then do share some with us here.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintag...es-report.html
Old 6th January 2009, 00:05   #213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooney View Post
Guys I need your help on this.

I am doing a project on classic cars in India.

I need a list of all the annual/regular vintage car events in India, with the tentative time of year they are held.

The information in the Internet is not organized and VCCCI, HMCI websites are almost decadent.

I would really appreciate your help.)

HMCI regularly holds various Rallies, Drives, Display of Vintage, Classic Cars & Motorcycles. Generally HMCI events are held between September and March each year. While we have no fixed calender of events, I have been posting most of the events well in advance, in the recent past. We expect to have a fully operational Website shortly and shall post the date when operational. I am listing below some of the important events of HMCI held in the past.

HMCI has successfully held spectacular long distance Vintage and Classic Car drives including the (1) “Drive to ITC Classic Golf Resort- Delhi-Gurgaon- Delhi”, (2) “Drive for Peace to Jaypee Greens- Delhi-Noida-Delhi”, (3) “Titus & Co. Great Indian Heritage Motoring Rally – Delhi-Jaipur-Delhi, (4) “Hertige Drive to Neemrana Fort Palace- Delhi-Neemrana- Delhi”, (5) “Drive to Heritage Village Resort - Delhi-Manesar-Delhi”, (6) “The Purolator Heritage Motoring Rally- Delhi-Jaipur-Delhi”, (7) “The Purolator Oberoi Heritage Drive- Delhi-Shimla-Delhi”, (8) “Vintage Car Rally Heritage City- Delhi”, (9) “The Great Rajputana Heritage Rally- Delhi-Jaipur-Delhi”, (10) “Statesman Vintage & Classic Car Rally- Delhi- Sariska-Delhi”, (11) “Titus & Co. Vintage and Classic Car Drive- Delhi-Sariska-Delhi”, (12) “The ESPN Star Sports Annual Drive to Jaypee Greens- Delhi-Noida-Delhi”, (13) “The Royal Heritage Drive- Delhi-Jaipur-Delhi”, (14) “The Haig Vintage Rally-Delhi”, (15) “The Alsisar Classic Safari- To Save the Tiger- Delhi-Sawai Madhopur-Delhi”, (16) “The Himalyan Classic Drive- Delhi-Naldehra-Delhi”, (17) “The Hertige Drive to Pataudi Palace- Delhi-Pataudi-Delhi”, (18) Heritage Drive to Neemrana Fort Palace. Apart from the above HMCI has participated in all the Auto Expo's in Delhi with a display of Vintage, Classic Cars & Motorcycles.

HMCI has also been associated with a number of events organized by " History on Wheels" who organize rallies exclusively for Vintage & Classic Motorcycles.

Last edited by v12 : 6th January 2009 at 13:05.
Old 12th January 2009, 15:25   #214
BHPian

Thank you Mr. Jatti for the input. I really appreciate it
Old 26th May 2009, 00:06   #215

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
awini i know how you feel there was the same hostile feeling in bombay a few years ago at the rally when Mr Aga and his compatriate were made to judge the cars. some of the people objecting were not even part of the rally or did not have vintage cars at all. i know this because my cars had participated.
loopholes do exist but things are being done to curb the export of the vintage cars. there is a rolls royce silver wraith rotting away in the custom bonded wearhouse in bombay. i think it was part of this scam.
Hi! I don't visit this site often though its amazing and full of mouth watering pictures and information of cars in India. I read various posts on this thread regarding vcccp and its website containing pictures of cars that are in India. Just to put some facts on record....I had been fortunate enough to have been invited by HMCI and particularly Mr. K.C. Anand to judge the Delhi-Simla Heritage Drive in Oct 2005. It was a wonderful experience and I met a lot of great car enthusiasts and most of them are now friends. I took pictures on that trip and put them on our website [VCCP] - Vintage&Classic Car Club of Pakistan. I now realize that instead of naming the link 'cars in India' I should have named it ' cars spotted in India'. The cars belong to various people I met in Delhi and VCCCP has nothing to do with it. I hope that those cars remain in India forever and get well looked after.

On another note, as Founder and President of VCCCP, I was invited to judge cars during Mumbai's Classic Car Fiesta in 2006. My friend and colleague Jim came along with me. Iam sorry to know that some people complained and were not happy but let me tell you that I was very well looked after by VCCCI, paricularly Nitin Dossa and had a fantastic trip.

I hope this political mess is soon over and we are able to visit each other's country again. Nitin and I had almost finalised a plan for Mumbai - Karachi car rally with VCCCI....and a Delhi - Lahore rally with HMCI.....
Old 22nd August 2009, 18:15   #216
Distinguished - BHPian

A lovely Ford Custom and huge fin tailed Plymouth (Fury?)

Vintage Rallies & Shows in India-scan0008.jpg
Vintage Rallies & Shows in India-scan0009.jpg

Pictures from the 2001 VCCCI rally in Pune. I think pictures of the Plymouth were posted earlier as part of a collection in Hyderabad, but what happened to the Ford? I never saw it again. Kasli and Speedy's fab red Caddy is visible in the back.

Last edited by karlosdeville : 22nd August 2009 at 18:17.
Old 6th September 2009, 00:54   #217
Distinguished - BHPian

I was graciously given by a friend, these pics. of one of the past rallies of the Deccan Heritage Automobile Association, this one being on 15th August 2005 at Sanjeevayya Park.

This was incidentally the very first rally of said club (and in Hyd. for that matter) that I'd ever attended. I was based out of Hyd. briefly then, so didn't have a ride to enter, nor was I a member yet.

I was fortunate enough to have been offered a ride by one of the members though, as the crowd moved out of the venue to the lunch venue.

Some of the cars are recognisable, being regulars still, while others are not to be seen at present rallies. Most of the bikes seem to be regular attendees still.

Vintage Rallies & Shows in India-f1110002.jpg

Vintage Rallies & Shows in India-f1110003.jpg

Vintage Rallies & Shows in India-f1110005.jpg

Vintage Rallies & Shows in India-f1110006.jpg

Mr. Keval Kant(?) Gir (DKG's uncle, who also had a Herald at one point, as mentioned by wasif) who'd given me a ride in his Austin that day- the car moved flawlessly!

Vintage Rallies & Shows in India-f1110008.jpg

This is a rare (in India, although I'm open to correction) 1964-65 VW Californian-built beach-buggy, said to've been originally brought by an American to Vizag, from where it was sold and moved to Madras, then bought by a Telugu film Director, then by a local collector. 'not sure if it's still owned by him.

Vintage Rallies & Shows in India-f1110001.jpg

Vintage Rallies & Shows in India-f1110013.jpg

Vintage Rallies & Shows in India-f1110015.jpg

Vintage Rallies & Shows in India-f1110009.jpg

hillram, these 2 pics. below are especially for you- not for the bikes, but for the banner seen at the back- note the acronym for the club's name at the top!!
I hope with this, the argument doesn't continue, unlike in the Coffee Bite ad!

Vintage Rallies & Shows in India-f1110010.jpg

Vintage Rallies & Shows in India-f1110017.jpg

Vintage Rallies & Shows in India-f1110011.jpg

Vintage Rallies & Shows in India-f1110012.jpg

Vintage Rallies & Shows in India-f1110014.jpg

Vintage Rallies & Shows in India-f1110016.jpg

Last edited by Stanher : 6th September 2009 at 01:05.
Old 6th September 2009, 10:54   #218
Senior - BHPian

Its great to see pics of these cars and their owners. Do try to post names of the people in each photograph too.

Keval kant Gir (KK) looks not one day older than he looked ten years ago. There is Pappi ( Norton ) Singh on that Norton + sidecar affair. Unfortunately one can't see DKG next to teh Packard, who is that in the pic posing with it ?

Also is that Herald convertible the one that is from Adershnagar and who is that in it ?

Wasif
Old 6th September 2009, 12:14   #219
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasif View Post
Its great to see pics of these cars and their owners. Do try to post names of the people in each photograph too.
I'm afraid I don't know all the names of the people present. 'can identify some of them-
Triumph Mayflower APO 186 : Mr. R.Khendry

Austin 8(?), APX 4845: Mr. Ramaiah, of Andhra Sugars

Blue TWN bike: Col. Sasidhar

White & Red Triumph: Arun(?)

(dominator would be knowing the names of all the bikers)

Quote:
There is Pappi ( Norton ) Singh on that Norton + sidecar affair.
Yup, that's Puppy Singh and his 2 sons, Sonu (taller one) and Norton (actually the younger son's name! ) in the military uniform

Quote:
Unfortunately one can't see DKG next to teh Packard, who is that in the pic posing with it ?
DKG was very much present, with some members of his family including his mother. I'd first met him only then though. No idea who that is next to his car though.

Quote:
Also is that Herald convertible the one that is from Adershnagar and who is that in it ?
Yes, the same car!

That's Vishal, the owner's son, who would mostly use the car. I was given another pic. of me sitting alongwith him in the car, which I'll be uploading in the standard cars thread.
This guy's father also had a white mk1 (saloon) with the number AAX 4444- you recall ever seeing this one? I'd incidentally met another previous owner of said car around 2001-02, who'd told me that the car was Powder blue when he bought it, and had later left it with a friend to use it. It was then damaged in the Hyd. floods in 2000. He had no idea what happened to it thereafter!

Last edited by Stanher : 6th September 2009 at 12:17.
Old 29th October 2009, 11:41   #220
Distinguished - BHPian

A flashy 59 Chevy is followed by a Hillman Minx in this rally at Jaipur.

Vintage Rallies & Shows in India-chevy.jpg

Flickr Photo Download: lucky to witness a vintage car rally passing through one of the numerous gates of Jaipur
Old 29th October 2009, 12:48   #221
Senior - BHPian

Any events in Novemeber in delhi?
Old 29th October 2009, 23:16   #222
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
Thats a very nice Biscayne, seems to have a modern no. Must have changed hands from somwhere else to Jaipur.

Is the MASA rally still slated to happen somethime in December?
Old 30th October 2009, 00:04   #223

Yes, Apparently. We will be participating again This year in the LHD!!
Old 15th November 2009, 16:15   #224
Senior - BHPian

In Friday's delhi times there was an article on some rally going to be happening or has happened from delhi to the Wagah Border and the cars were supposed to crossing over as well.I'll try and scan the article.This is supposed to be a cross border rally between inida and pakistan.Any one has any info this ?

Last edited by IndrojitSircar : 15th November 2009 at 16:17.
Old 19th November 2009, 00:15   #225
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndrojitSircar View Post
In Friday's delhi times there was an article on some rally going to be happening or has happened from delhi to the Wagah Border and the cars were supposed to crossing over as well.I'll try and scan the article.This is supposed to be a cross border rally between inida and pakistan.Any one has any info this ?

Below i have attached the article i was talking about.Can anyone tell me whats it all about?

Thankx
Attached Thumbnails
Vintage Rallies & Shows in India-pic1.jpg  

Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks