Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th November 2009, 10:17   #226
Senior - BHPian

What do you think its all about?

It looks like they had organised an event for classic cars with a drive in Delhi . They have the Pakistan representative there who obviously like old metal and there is talk of organising a cross border event in to Pakistan.

Thats about all.

Do try to find out the name of the website they launched.

Wasif
Old 19th November 2009, 17:35   #227
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasif View Post
What do you think its all about?

It looks like they had organised an event for classic cars with a drive in Delhi . They have the Pakistan representative there who obviously like old metal and there is talk of organising a cross border event in to Pakistan.

Thats about all.

Do try to find out the name of the website they launched.

Wasif
Yes Thats i s wjhat i gathered so thats why i enquired wheather any one else knows of this cross border event or not.Some of our members might be present in the rally which has been covered in the article mayb they could help us with the website.
Old 27th November 2009, 10:56   #228

Sportscraft is organizing a drive on Sunday 6th December 2009 for all 4 – wheeler vehicles manufactured before 1960. The drive is sponsored by CarWale.com and hospitality partners are Dukes Retreat - Khandala

It is just a drive without any winning or losing – with objective to motivate owners of these old beauties to take their cars out and meet like-minded people over a brunch.

The drive will commence from New – Mumbai – Nerul by around 8:30 a.m. and conclude at Dukes Retreat Khandala over brunch.

A fee of Rs. 1500/- per entry, which includes three coupons for brunch per car.

The last date for accepting the entries is Thursday 3rd December 2009.

Call 022-23677631 from 10:00 a.m. – 5 p.m between Monday to Friday and Saturday till 1:00p.m for details
Or write to [COLOR=#0068cf]sportscraft@gmail.com[/COLOR]
Old 20th January 2010, 13:04   #229
BHPian

Superb Mercedes 300S of the Jasdanwalla collection. His 1908 Wolseley also took part, celebrating 100 years!

Attachment 6702

Attachment 6703

Attachment 6704[/quote]

Just wanted to make a small correction. The Mercedes is indeed superb but it is not a 300S, rather is is a 300D, D not being for diesel but denoting that it is the last series of the Type 300 four dour Mercs. The original 300 full size saloon was first introduced in 1952 if I'm not mistaken, and the then German chancellor, Dr. Konrad Adenauer took a great liking to them. In fact six or more 300 saloons were in use for the chancellor's official use, and they then acquired the nickname of Adenauer Mercs, much like the way the smaller saloons were nicknamed the Pontons. The first series 300 was called just a 300, then it was slightly updated and called the 300b. Then followed the 300c which was almost visually identical, except for the introduction of front quarter windows, which in my opinion gave it a more balanced look. The last of the series was the 300D, with much more apparent changes, including the pillarless windows and the revised front and rear end. These also came as full foor door convertibles, and also another body type being the most rare, the landaulet with rear quarter open, but these I believe were mainly ordered by Heads of State and other dignitaries such as the Pope etc. The Type 300S on the other hand was always a 2 door, roadster or fixed head coupe, and are today far more valuable than the saloons. I recall seeing a picture of a red 300S in Mumbai in a past rally, on another thread on Team-bhp. Just some information I wanted to share with everyone.
Old 21st January 2010, 15:49   #230
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbz180 View Post
Superb Mercedes 300S of the Jasdanwalla collection. His 1908 Wolseley also took part, celebrating 100 years!

Attachment 6702

Attachment 6703

Attachment 6704

Just wanted to make a small correction. The Mercedes is indeed superb but it is not a 300S, rather is is a 300D, D not being for diesel but denoting that it is the last series of the Type 300 four dour Mercs.

Just some information I wanted to share with everyone.[/quote]

Much appreciate your insightful knowledgeable comments.
Is that a photo of your Car by your handle and did you get to the Tolly Car Show last Sunday?

I was thinking about trying to get a "TEAM-CAL" together so we get to know one another. I'm here till end of March and so enjoyed meeting a few of the Members at the Statesman & Tolly Car events.

Would appreciate some feed back from the Calcutta gang.
Old 21st January 2010, 18:09   #231
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by john a milne View Post

Much appreciate your insightful knowledgeable comments.
Is that a photo of your Car by your handle and did you get to the Tolly Car Show last Sunday?
Yes it is his car on his handle.

It is the same car that is in our place for restoration infront of the study president if you recollect.He had driven the green beetle to the judging of the statesman and on the rally day.He also drove the car to the tolly show so i think you have met him.
Old 25th January 2010, 01:47   #232
BHPian

John,

Yes that is a photo of my car when I restored it by myself in 2003. Now, as Indrojit has already mentioned, my car is in Bumpu Sircar's workshop undergoing a thorough restoration. I also drove the green VW Beetle to both the Statesman Rally and the Tolly show and I met you at the Tolly show, if you remember during lunch and I told you that I'm the newest member of Team-bhp Kolkata. Would love to meet the other Team-Cal members including yourself as soon as possible. I am sure we all have a lot of information and car related trivia to share. Why not meet next Sunday at the Birla museum to check out the Rolls Royce P I which is on display and take it from there.
Old 25th January 2010, 23:47   #233
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasif View Post
Its great to see pics of these cars and their owners. Do try to post names of the people in each photograph too.

Keval kant Gir (KK) looks not one day older than he looked ten years ago. There is Pappi ( Norton ) Singh on that Norton + sidecar affair. Unfortunately one can't see DKG next to teh Packard, who is that in the pic posing with it ?

Also is that Herald convertible the one that is from Adershnagar and who is that in it ?

Wasif
1. Rajesh Kendri - Triumph Mayflower
2. Vishal Rao - Stanher APU 4126
3. Babbar - BSA APX 2968
4. Col Shashidhar - TWN
5. Gurudev Singh ( Puppy & sons - Sonu and Norton ) - Norton ADX 1063
6. Arun Pappali - Triumph APY 4380
7. Mustafa Tehrani - Norton APF 1489.
Old 28th February 2010, 12:47   #234
Distinguished - BHPian

The 44th Statesman Vintage and Classic Car Rally, Delhi, is on today.
Quote:

Delhi Lieutenant-Governor Tejendra Khanna will flag-off the 44th Statesman Vintage & Classic Car Rally on Sunday, February 28th, 2010 at the majestic building of Statesman House in New Delhi. A record 130 entries have been received for this year's rally which is truly India's biggest and most popular vintage sporting events. These rare beauties will travel between Delhi and Greater Noida before returning to the picturesque Rail Museum for prize distribution.
Quote:
PROGRAMME: February 28, 2010
· Flag-Off: The Majestic Building of Statesman House 8.15 AM by Lt. Governor Delhi
· Cars reach YMCA Greater Noida at 10.30 AM
· Lunch & refreshments for participants & top socialites, media & corporate honchos
· Flag-Off from YMCA at 2 PM after lunch
· Cars reach National Rail Museum at 3.30 PM
· Prize Distribution by Lt. Governor's wife at Rail Museum at 5 PM
· Event Ends 6.30 PM
Source: The 44th Statesman Vintage & Classic Car Rally to flag-off on February 28
Old 1st August 2010, 09:41   #235
BHPian

Madras Events

The Madras Heritage Motoring Club has planned 2 events in August 2010
On Sunday 22 August, as a part of "Madras Week" Clebrations display at the new Express Avenue Mall.

On Sunday 29 August, annual parade & display at the Don Bosco School Egmore

Old 6th August 2010, 21:01   #236
BHPian

The event scheduled for 22 Aug has been postponed to Sept. However the event scheduled for 29 aug will take place
Old 8th August 2010, 19:56   #237
Distinguished - BHPian

As reported in the CIVAA thread on teambhp there is a Vintage and Classic Car and Bike Run planned on Independence Day at Nagpur. Till date 38 owners have registered as participants. Some more are expected.More on that with updates soon.
Old 17th September 2010, 19:14   #238
BHPian

Hindu Auto Show-Chennai

"The Hindu" newspaper is holding an Auto Show at the Chennai Trade Centre from Friday 24 Sept to Sunday 26 Sept.

20 Vintage & Classic cars from the Madras Heritage motoring club will be on display.
Old 27th September 2010, 23:39   #239
Distinguished - BHPian

World tourism day rally @ hyd. '10

'not sure if it was necessary to start a new thread on this, so posting here.

Pics. I took at the World Tourism Day show @ Necklace Road, Hyderabad on sunday, 26th Sept. 2010.

There was a really good turnout of cars this time, and I hope it grows in future shows! 'made me wish I could've brought my Herald for this show!

Some really nice 'new' cars like this 2-tone Morris Minor 4-door. I was told it's a 1-family owned car. Interesting sticker on rear windscreen.

Vintage Rallies & Shows in India-img_7554.jpg

Vintage Rallies & Shows in India-img_7555.jpg

Vintage Rallies & Shows in India-img_7587.jpg

Vintage Rallies & Shows in India-img_7601.jpg

Vintage Rallies & Shows in India-img_7588.jpg

Vintage Rallies & Shows in India-img_7556.jpg

Vintage Rallies & Shows in India-img_7557.jpg

Vintage Rallies & Shows in India-img_7563.jpg

Vintage Rallies & Shows in India-img_7595.jpg

Vintage Rallies & Shows in India-img_7600.jpg

Vintage Rallies & Shows in India-img_7592.jpg

Vintage Rallies & Shows in India-img_7562.jpg

To be continued.......

Last edited by Stanher : 27th September 2010 at 23:49.
Old 3rd October 2010, 00:07   #240
Distinguished - BHPian

Geez, 'wonder how this thread slipped by unnoticed all these days!

Nevertheless, posting the remaining pics. for completeness.

Vintage Rallies & Shows in India-img_7565.jpg

Vintage Rallies & Shows in India-img_7566.jpg

Vintage Rallies & Shows in India-img_7568.jpg

Vintage Rallies & Shows in India-img_7569.jpg

Vintage Rallies & Shows in India-img_7585.jpg

Vintage Rallies & Shows in India-img_7570.jpg

Vintage Rallies & Shows in India-img_7610.jpg

Vintage Rallies & Shows in India-img_7579.jpg

Vintage Rallies & Shows in India-img_7553.jpg

Vintage Rallies & Shows in India-img_7552.jpg

Vintage Rallies & Shows in India-img_7559.jpg

Vintage Rallies & Shows in India-img_7560.jpg

Vintage Rallies & Shows in India-img_7561.jpg

Vintage Rallies & Shows in India-img_7594.jpg

Vintage Rallies & Shows in India-img_7602.jpg

Vintage Rallies & Shows in India-img_7606.jpg

Continuing tomorrow with the 2-wheeler pics...

Last edited by Stanher : 3rd October 2010 at 00:12.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks