Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2009, 14:51   #136
Senior - BHPian

Great pics guys. Boy did i miss something. To let rumours rest, my love for Vintage and Classics remains and only becomes more passionate with every passing day.

I couldn't make it as i had gone off roading with a bunch of Team-mates.
Read about it here

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-of...ay-outing.html

I always wanted to go for an OTR and then had to take a decision as to miss what? I actually also thought that like all the previous years the flag off would take place well beyond stipulated time so somewhere there was a hope that i would make it back by 1 ish (which i did) and be able to catch up halfway of something. What i didnt account for was that the rally was only till 5 gardens, thats half the normal route already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
We missed many regulars like you and Gogiji, but of course you both were busy attending events you were more passionate about, so excused
The heat was just terrible....!
Thanks Karl. I missed being with you guys too and missed being there in person to witness among others, Ronnie's ultra mint centre light. Here are pics of the same car from a previous rally where i couldnt get my eyes off her. Now shes even more beautiful. Ronnie you deserve a Concours prize for your car. I think this is going to be my reference model for the restoration of my own centre light which starts very shortly.
BTW im not more or less passionate about the OTR or classics though im developing a passion for it or should i say already developed. Classics for me hold another stature in my life.

Pics from a previous rally

WIAA & VCCCI Rally. Bombay, 5th April 2009.-dsc03670-large.jpg
WIAA & VCCCI Rally. Bombay, 5th April 2009.-dsc03671-large.jpg

Regarding the 2375 black Austin, its now Parsi owned (a builder from Dadar) who bought it a few months ago in the condition you see it for some really stupidly fancy prize. I have always seen it parked covered, below his house and never never used.

Regarding the cabriolet, i think its a chop job much like the Buick of a well known collector from Delhi. Both im sure claim complete originality. I dont have any information which tells me a four door cabriolet with such distinct sedan features was ever made but im always open for correction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mole View Post
I am already missing Gogi's pics of all the glamorous women in the show, we cant depend on karl to do that can we now Karl?.
Well well was i missed for only that part??!!
Seriously i will suppose you mean the Women (Cars) participating in the rally. Amol your Rover is looking great as is Dyanesh's ponton.

Seriously this was a good turn out. Nice to see Harit's Karman, Lancia and other cars participating. If i was there i would be in one of them or Ronnie's black beauty (if Ronnie would allow me)

Last edited by V-16 : 8th April 2009 at 15:08. Reason: add
Old 8th April 2009, 15:05   #137
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Regarding the 2329 black Austin, its now Parsi owned (a builder from Dadar) who bought it a few months ago in the condition you see it for some really stupidly fancy prize. I have always seen it parked covered, below his house and never never used.
Gogiji, there was a black Austin MYA 2375. Which 2329 vehicle are you referring to?

Last edited by karlosdeville : 8th April 2009 at 15:23.
Old 8th April 2009, 15:09   #138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Gogiji, there was a black Austin MYA 2375. Which 2329 vehicle are you referring to?
I was speaking about the MYA 2375 only...I wonder which 2329 are you mentioning Karlji?
Old 8th April 2009, 15:29   #139
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I was speaking about the MYA 2375 only...I wonder which 2329 are you mentioning Karlji?
Tough luck Gogiji, see my previous post I caught you in your quoted post.
Old 8th April 2009, 15:43   #140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Tough luck Scoobiji, see my previous post I caught you in your quoted post.
Elemantary my dear Mr. Bhote!!. Pray see, quoted posts can be changed as above

Kidding mate, was a mistake on my part i agree, you know who the car belongs to na?
Old 8th April 2009, 15:47   #141
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Elemantary my dear Mr. Bhote!!. Pray see, quoted posts can be changed as above

Kidding mate, was a mistake on my part i agree, you know who the car belongs to na?
Arrey you got Scoobyji's spelling wrong also!

Yes I remember Cyrus shouting from the rooftops about the new addition in Parsi Colony. Looks good.

Cyrus, you didn't come for the rally?
Old 8th April 2009, 16:39   #142
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear Karl - I think MYA2375 is now with a so called big shot in Parsi Colony Dadar. It is kept covered outside the fire temple.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Old 8th April 2009, 17:03   #143
BHPian

The red Austin, BMW 8821 that has generated some discussion on it's body style - "Landaulette," etc. - is actually an Austin Seven Pearl Cabriolet, mid to late 1930s I'd think.

There were quite a few radical semi-convertible (or semi-tourer if you please since we are on British cars) body styles from Austin that were called cabriolets - the tens had the 'Conways', 'Colwyns' while the 12s had the 'High Lots' and 'Low Loaders.' Both light as well heavy 12s.

The 12 cabs were also popular as cabs - as in Taxis! Sorry couldn't resist that.

These cabriolets, including the little red Ruby at the WIAA & VCCCI rally in Bombay had a disntinctive similarity with the expensive Landaulettes, at least as far as the pram-handle collapsible system was concerned.

Try net searches for more info!
Old 8th April 2009, 17:22   #144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prabal View Post
The red Austin, BMW 8821 that has generated some discussion on it's body style - "Landaulette," etc. - is actually an Austin Seven Pearl Cabriolet, mid to late 1930s I'd think.

There were quite a few radical semi-convertible (or semi-tourer if you please since we are on British cars) body styles from Austin that were called cabriolets - the tens had the 'Conways', 'Colwyns' while the 12s had the 'High Lots' and 'Low Loaders.' Both light as well heavy 12s.

The 12 cabs were also popular as cabs - as in Taxis! Sorry couldn't resist that.

These cabriolets, including the little red Ruby at the WIAA & VCCCI rally in Bombay had a disntinctive similarity with the expensive Landaulettes, at least as far as the pram-handle collapsible system was concerned.

Try net searches for more info!

Thank you for clearing that up sir

now it all comes back..... ruby saloon.... pearl cabriolet.....

I dont suppose too many examples of this bodystyle made it to India.

Aditya
Old 8th April 2009, 17:30   #145
BHPian

Sorry, tried editing the previous post, but had overshot the 20 mins limit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by President View Post
Whenever you come down to Mumbai, feel free anytime to take a Fiatful ride.
Thanks Rony, you bet. I have a trip planned to Alibag in the last week of April for a wedding in the family. Let me see if I can make a Fiatful stop at Bombay for a few hours, for some eating and watering (maybe at Leos or Mahesh LH) and riding in the best Fiat Elegant today I can think of.
Old 8th April 2009, 18:07   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TractionAvant View Post
Thank you for clearing that up sir

now it all comes back..... ruby saloon.... pearl cabriolet.....

I dont suppose too many examples of this bodystyle made it to India.

Aditya

I think there even was an "Opal" roadster in this lineup of gems.

Aditya
Old 8th April 2009, 22:43   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Ronnie's ultra mint centre light. Here are pics of the same car from a previous rally where i couldnt get my eyes off her. Now shes even more beautiful. Ronnie you deserve a Concours prize for your car. I think this is going to be my reference model for the restoration of my own centre light which starts very shortly.

If i was there i would be in one of them or Ronnie's black beauty (if Ronnie would allow me)
Thanks a Lot, Gogi, Sounds good!
By now, I am already visualising all the fully restored Fiats within our FCCCI lined up side by side for a memorable photoshoot in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prabal View Post
Thanks Rony, you bet. I have a trip planned to Alibag in the last week of April for a wedding in the family. Let me see if I can make a Fiatful stop at Bombay for a few hours, for some eating and watering (maybe at Leos or Mahesh LH) and riding in the best Fiat Elegant today I can think of.
Prabal, you are most welcome anytime.
Old 9th April 2009, 10:33   #148
Distinguished - BHPian

I forgot to upload this picture of the superb band that was playing. These guys were really good, made the atmosphere perfect as they belted out all time classics. I really enjoyed them.
Attached Thumbnails
WIAA & VCCCI Rally. Bombay, 5th April 2009.-01.jpg  

Old 9th April 2009, 10:51   #149
Senior - BHPian

Sir Karlos.

Can we see pictures of the Lanchester you had mentioned. Did iti participate?.

Also the list of teh cars that were there please.

Regards

Wasif
Old 9th April 2009, 10:55   #150
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasif View Post
Sir Karlos.

Can we see pictures of the Lanchester you had mentioned. Did iti participate?.

Also the list of teh cars that were there please.
Sir Wasif,

Like I said before the Lanchester and some other photos are on another camera with a friend. I shall post them only once he sends them to me. Also, the participants list is in Pune, I work in Aurangabad on weekdays.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks