Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th April 2009, 11:35   #106
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishpv View Post
No cars from Pranlal Bhogilal ?

That beautiful Chevrolet BML 6222 belongs to ?
Bhogilal has not been coming to these events for many years now. I sorely miss his presence. The lovely Chevy was entered by one Percius Billimoria.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.B.Jatti View Post
Very nice pictures of the cars. If possible kindly post the list of cars that participated in the event.
I have the list at home, shall be there and post it on the weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKG View Post
Loved that Aston, did you hear its V8 burble Karlos? Those cars take off like a bull in heat
Nope, did not hear the Aston run. She could use some cosmetic work soon I should think. The car did take home some prize.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
How come you didn't take any of your rides though?? Considering there were others from Pune who did bring theirs. Not enough time from work to get ready?
None of my cars are in condition to compete, and I was in no mood to drive to Bombay in this scorching heat. Plus work as you said keeps me out of town the whole week. And how could I say no to the offer of riding along in 2171?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasif View Post
This Austin has the bodystyle that goes by the name of "Landaulette". This is a very British body style rarely if never seen on cars from any other country.This type of coachwork has graced many a RRs and Daimlers.

What about pictures of the Lanchester and the other cars ???? Alsao some frontal pictures of the Graham please.
I thought a Landaulette had only the rear portion opening and the rest fixed.

Pictures of the Lanchester and Graham are on a friend's camera, shall post as soon as I recieve them. I have some shots of the Graham taken earlier that I shall post shortly.
Old 7th April 2009, 11:52   #107
Distinguished - BHPian

Assorted Triumphs and Nortons at the event. MRX 2276 Im told is a very rare Norton ES2 as it has a Featherbed frame.

WIAA & VCCCI Rally. Bombay, 5th April 2009.-norton01.jpg
WIAA & VCCCI Rally. Bombay, 5th April 2009.-norton02.jpg
WIAA & VCCCI Rally. Bombay, 5th April 2009.-norton03.jpg
WIAA & VCCCI Rally. Bombay, 5th April 2009.-norton04.jpg
WIAA & VCCCI Rally. Bombay, 5th April 2009.-norton05.jpg

Bathtub Triumph

WIAA & VCCCI Rally. Bombay, 5th April 2009.-triumph01.jpg
WIAA & VCCCI Rally. Bombay, 5th April 2009.-triumph02.jpg
WIAA & VCCCI Rally. Bombay, 5th April 2009.-triumph03.jpg

And lastly the scooters added colour to the event. Many 70s Lambys were also present.

WIAA & VCCCI Rally. Bombay, 5th April 2009.-d01.jpg
WIAA & VCCCI Rally. Bombay, 5th April 2009.-lamby01.jpg
WIAA & VCCCI Rally. Bombay, 5th April 2009.-lamby02.jpg
WIAA & VCCCI Rally. Bombay, 5th April 2009.-lamby03.jpg
WIAA & VCCCI Rally. Bombay, 5th April 2009.-vespa01.jpg
WIAA & VCCCI Rally. Bombay, 5th April 2009.-vespa02.jpg

There were some more nice bikes like the Henderson with sidecar but I dont think I managed pictures of them all. Plenty of Bullets were present.
Old 7th April 2009, 12:07   #108
BHPian

Quote:
This Austin has the bodystyle that goes by the name of "Landaulette". This is a very British body style rarely if never seen on cars from any other country.This type of coachwork has graced many a RRs and Daimlers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
I thought a Landaulette had only the rear portion opening and the rest fixed.
Thats right, a landaulet is essentially a limousine (with glass partition) with a collapsible top over the passenger compartment.

I would still place my bets on sedanca-de-ville (provided that it is a 4 seater)
Old 7th April 2009, 12:30   #109
Senior - BHPian

More pictures of the lovely Henderson four cylinder bike please.
Old 7th April 2009, 12:51   #110
BHPian

Is this Henderson Deluxe same bike ?

1926 Henderson De Luxe - Business Standard Motoring

cheers
Old 7th April 2009, 12:56   #111
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishpv View Post
Is this Henderson Deluxe same bike ?

1926 Henderson De Luxe - Business Standard Motoring

cheers
It must be the same, though it now carries a new UP registration and sidecar. I didn't get any pictures of the bike at sundays event, as I always first concentrate on pictures of vehicles that have not participated before. It is very difficult to capture each vehicle present as they come and leave at different times as well. I have pics of the bike at earlier events, shall post over the weekend.
Old 7th April 2009, 16:47   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I always first concentrate on pictures of vehicles that have not participated before. It is very difficult to capture each vehicle present as they come and leave at different times as well. I have pics of the bike at earlier events, shall post over the weekend.
Its unfortunate the Norton MRX 2296 did not win a best restored prize as this year they decided to give prizes to bikes who went through the whole circuit and completed the rally, and you know it was just too hot and too much traffic to do that on a ES2 . How about emailing me pics of my car, I just love your photography.

I am already missing Gogi's pics of all the glamorous women in the show, we cant depend on karl to do that can we now Karl?.

Last edited by the mole : 7th April 2009 at 16:49.
Old 7th April 2009, 17:10   #113
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mole View Post
I am already missing Gogi's pics of all the glamorous women in the show, we cant depend on karl to do that can we now Karl?
Am afraid not, I was busy with the other beauties. Besides Gogi the other man for the job is apna Dippy, but he too was busy checking out exotics of varied nature.
Old 7th April 2009, 17:28   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TractionAvant View Post
Thats right, a landaulet is essentially a limousine (with glass partition) with a collapsible top over the passenger compartment.

I would still place my bets on sedanca-de-ville (provided that it is a 4 seater)

Sedan De Vill or Sedanca De Ville is the bodystyle that is also refered to as the four door hardtop.

Now the Landaulette can be had either as an enclosed drive landaulette where the front portion of the car has a fixed roof or as an open drive landaulett, as is the case with this car, where the entire roof folds from the top of teh door frames in the same manner as that of a cabriolet.
Old 7th April 2009, 17:29   #115
Distinguished - BHPian

Here are some pictures of the 1934 Graham Blue streak graciously provided by Marespand who restored the vehicle. Here is an exerpt of his mail to me

Quote:
This car is Known as a Graham Blue Streak, its a 8cyl. model, but not supercharged, there used to be a supercharged version also. We certainly intend to drive the car by road to Delhi to deliver it to the customer.
The car was genrally quite complete outwardly but for a few minor things, it was all there but we had to make quite a few chrome fiitings new in brass because they had either got damaged or were beyond plating, most of the outer chrome fittings execpt the bumpers, grill and hupcaps were made. It was a body off restoration, incl major engine and all other ancillaries were overhauled.
The steering wheel had totally disintegrated made [casted] a complete new one on the old metal frame.
As you can make out a lot of effort has gone into all the various detailings like the correct screws, interior, woodgraining.
The interior of the car was quite shabby have done lots of magajmari to get it right.
But everything said and done it was a great team effort by my young team of enthusastic boys and also without Jehangir this whole work would have been worthless as he did all the mechanical job to get this car up and running as it should do and be able to drive all the way to Delhi.
Attached Thumbnails
WIAA & VCCCI Rally. Bombay, 5th April 2009.-01.jpg  

WIAA & VCCCI Rally. Bombay, 5th April 2009.-02.jpg  

WIAA & VCCCI Rally. Bombay, 5th April 2009.-03.jpg  

WIAA & VCCCI Rally. Bombay, 5th April 2009.-04.jpg  

WIAA & VCCCI Rally. Bombay, 5th April 2009.-06.jpg  

WIAA & VCCCI Rally. Bombay, 5th April 2009.-07.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 7th April 2009, 17:29   #116
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
And lastly the scooters added colour to the event. Many 70s Lambys were also present.
Nice pics.! But I couldn't help feeling aghast about that series 1 BMF 8801!! Of all the scoots they had to choose a series 1 to turn into a custom street racer!!

The other series 1 looks in better shape, although I don't quite find that colour combo agreeeable!

I love that d with the patina look too! That's the kind of d I'd like to have.

Last edited by Stanher : 7th April 2009 at 17:32.
Old 7th April 2009, 17:35   #117
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
Nice pics.! But I couldn't help feeling aghast about that series 1 BMF 8801!! Of all the scoots they had to choose a series 1 to turn into a custom street racer!

The other series 1 looks in better shape, although I don't quite find that colour combo agreeeable!

I love that d with the patina look too! That's the kind of d I'd like to have.
It isn't necessarily a Series 1. BMF series carried over to the Series 2 as well. And this has lights of both

There was a superb Series 2 MHP 8841 I think, recently bought from Pune. I saw it ealier lying neglected in Pune, fully original but couldn't contact the owner. Im glad it has been saved, am even more glad it has still retained its tired paint scheme. Pics later.
Old 7th April 2009, 17:42   #118
Senior - BHPian

Can we have more pics of the motorcycles?!
Old 7th April 2009, 18:03   #119
Senior - BHPian

The Graham is a truly a looker.The design of this car is actually considerd as the most influential design in automotive history.

Their new for 32 eight cylinder engine was actually called the Blue Streak but then the public started calling the eight cylinder cars blue streak and the name stuck.

The car is groundbraking in many ways. Firstly check out the placment of the radiator cap, it is not an external filler but is actually under the hood. This was one of the first American cars to do so.

They also pioneered the enclosed mudguards which qulckly became the norm on all cars.

A wider and lower body was possible due to their innovative chassis design that eliminated the rear kick up to accomodate the rear axle. The rear axle didn't go under the frame or for that matter over the frame but it actually went through openings in the frame which were rubber insulated to avoid any shock when the two made contact on rough patches. The rear springs were also mounted on the outer side of the chassis instead of under the chassis as was the trend in those days.

A true landmark design in the history of the automobile.

The paint scheme on this car is well chosen as it was one of the combinations offered by the company.

Below is a picture of a 32 Graham with an identical colour combination but with wire wheels.
Attached Thumbnails
WIAA & VCCCI Rally. Bombay, 5th April 2009.-graham_blue_streak_4door_sedan_1932.jpg  

Old 7th April 2009, 18:06   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Sedan De Vill or Sedanca De Ville is the bodystyle that is also refered to as the four door hardtop.

Now the Landaulette can be had either as an enclosed drive landaulette where the front portion of the car has a fixed roof or as an open drive landaulett, as is the case with this car, where the entire roof folds from the top of teh door frames in the same manner as that of a cabriolet.
I do not wish to argue but a landaulet MUST have a glass partition. besides, I am just having fun with 'sedanca-de-ville'

Quote:
Here are some pictures of the 1934 Graham Blue streak graciously provided by Marespand who restored the vehicle. Here is an exerpt of his mail to me
Beautiful car, I am not too keen on the colour scheme though.

Aditya

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks