Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th January 2012, 17:25   #256
BHPian

Re: Bangalore Classic Scooter Club (BCSC)

There was a good turn out at the Republic Day Rally...around 30 scooters. We did not have a ride due to Republic Day traffic restrictions. Enjoy the photos!
Attached Thumbnails
Bangalore Classic Scooter Club (BCSC)-dsc03460.jpg  

Bangalore Classic Scooter Club (BCSC)-dsc03461.jpg  

Bangalore Classic Scooter Club (BCSC)-dsc03462.jpg  

Bangalore Classic Scooter Club (BCSC)-dsc03464.jpg  

Bangalore Classic Scooter Club (BCSC)-dsc03465.jpg  

Bangalore Classic Scooter Club (BCSC)-dsc03466.jpg  

Bangalore Classic Scooter Club (BCSC)-dsc03467.jpg  

Bangalore Classic Scooter Club (BCSC)-dsc03468.jpg  

Bangalore Classic Scooter Club (BCSC)-dsc03469.jpg  

Bangalore Classic Scooter Club (BCSC)-dsc03470.jpg  

Bangalore Classic Scooter Club (BCSC)-dsc03472.jpg  

Bangalore Classic Scooter Club (BCSC)-dsc03473.jpg  

Bangalore Classic Scooter Club (BCSC)-dsc03474.jpg  

Bangalore Classic Scooter Club (BCSC)-dsc03475.jpg  

Bangalore Classic Scooter Club (BCSC)-dsc03476.jpg  

Bangalore Classic Scooter Club (BCSC)-dsc03477.jpg  

Bangalore Classic Scooter Club (BCSC)-dsc03478.jpg  

Bangalore Classic Scooter Club (BCSC)-dsc03479.jpg  

Bangalore Classic Scooter Club (BCSC)-dsc03480.jpg  

Bangalore Classic Scooter Club (BCSC)-dsc03481.jpg  

Bangalore Classic Scooter Club (BCSC)-dsc03482.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 26th January 2012, 22:32   #257
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidman View Post
There was a good turn out at the Republic Day Rally...around 30 scooters. We did not have a ride due to Republic Day traffic restrictions. Enjoy the photos!
Hi Sidman:

I have not been able to turn-up at the last couple of events as I have been traveling. Good to see some new entrants. I see that the License plates have been blanked out for the first time in a 'BCSC Event post' !!! Why? Any specific reason? I was just curious. Good luck and see you soon.

Regards

Vathsa
Old 26th January 2012, 22:39   #258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srivathsa_Satya View Post
Hi Sidman:

I have not been able to turn-up at the last couple of events as I have been traveling. Good to see some new entrants. I see that the License plates have been blanked out for the first time in a 'BCSC Event post' !!! Why? Any specific reason? I was just curious. Good luck and see you soon.

Regards

Vathsa
A member advised me to blank out the plates. It was done to be on the safer side. Hope to see you at the next rally!
Old 26th January 2012, 22:52   #259
BHPian

Quote:
A member advised me to blank out the plates. It was done to be on the safer side. Hope to see you at the next rally!
I have always felt and I am of the opinion that the registration number is the "CHARACTER" (or should I say 'is characteristic) of a vehicle. I always recollect and quote my old stock / possessions and any one's Nostalgic re-collection would be by the number (numerical part of the license plate) Many times, I have come across vehicles and recognised the number and not the colour scheme(if it was altered). For example, who can forget 'CAB 9', even if it was painted white or something else now? I appreciate the effort, just had to express my thoughts !!!
Old 27th January 2012, 08:31   #260
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srivathsa_Satya View Post
I have always felt and I am of the opinion that the registration number is the "CHARACTER" (or should I say 'is characteristic) of a vehicle. I always recollect and quote my old stock / possessions and any one's Nostalgic re-collection would be by the number (numerical part of the license plate) Many times, I have come across vehicles and recognised the number and not the colour scheme(if it was altered). For example, who can forget 'CAB 9', even if it was painted white or something else now? I appreciate the effort, just had to express my thoughts !!!
No harm in expressing your thoughts! I can see your point. However, the club has grown large, and we need to be a bit more cautious about reducing any potential for misusing these photos. That's the reason for the watermark as well. There could be some members who do not appreciate their regn numbers being shown, hence the gaussian blur on the numbers.
Old 28th February 2012, 15:34   #261
BHPian

Quote:
Bajaj parts are easy to get at JC Road, and you might want to speak to my mechanic about restoring it. Ask Sujith for my number, and give me a call on Friday.
Hi Sidman,

My dad has a Lamby 150 here in Bangalore which I want to help restore. It is is decent running condition. Some issues:

Gear shifting is quite hard, especially between first and second.
Throttle gets stuck and/or gets unwound suddenly
Bad hot starting, almost never hot starts.

Can you please suggest a mechanic in Bangalore to restore it to prime running condition? Preferably around the Whitefield area

Thanks!
Old 28th February 2012, 16:23   #262
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reswaran View Post
Hi Sidman,

My dad has a Lamby 150 here in Bangalore which I want to help restore. It is is decent running condition. Some issues:

Gear shifting is quite hard, especially between first and second.
Throttle gets stuck and/or gets unwound suddenly
Bad hot starting, almost never hot starts.

Can you please suggest a mechanic in Bangalore to restore it to prime running condition? Preferably around the Whitefield area

Thanks!
Hi! Unfortunately, I don't know any mechanic in Whitefield. There is a good mech in JP Nagar. You could find our Bangalore Classic Scooter Club page on Facebook, and post your query there. Some of our members may be able to suggest someone in Whitefield.
Old 2nd April 2012, 19:15   #263
BHPian

Hi Sid,
I am a TeamBHP member for some time now and last week I came to know about the Classic Scooter Club and wanted to join this.

My Dad owns a Vespa 150, 1968 model. I would love to join the next meet. Please add me and let me know when you all meet.

Rajesh
Attached Thumbnails
Bangalore Classic Scooter Club (BCSC)-dsc_2452.jpg  

Bangalore Classic Scooter Club (BCSC)-dsc_2453.jpg  

Old 22nd May 2012, 17:10   #264
BHPian

Can anyone recommend a good place in Mysore for tinkering & painting & mechanical works for a Vespa in Mysore?
Old 15th November 2012, 21:56   #265
BHPian

Hi Sidman,

Just picked up a '68 Vespa 150 - Please keep me posted on any/all activities in the B'lore. I'm just getting going on "freshening" her up and definitely want to start meeting up with people to see the possibilities.

Nik
Old 16th November 2012, 11:31   #266
BHPian

Does anyone have a recommendation for mechanic in North Bangalore?

Thanks

(I guess I don't have PM or edit capabilities yet or I would have added to my previous post).
Old 16th November 2012, 15:59   #267
BHPian

Sid any plans for the next meet lets plan for something, apart from this do we have any logo/stickers for BCSC we can have this for next meet.
Old 17th November 2012, 18:44   #268
BHPian

Hey Y'all. Just posted a few pics of my new/old ride on the Vespa Only thread. Not much activity over there, but I wanted to get some expert thoughts on my new scooter.

If anyone is free for a beer/coffee, it's on me. Would love to get some insights on how to take things forward with "her" -- i think it's a her!

Are there any standing weekly/monthly gatherings? I can't PM yet, but feel free to PM me with your details.
Old 28th November 2012, 14:59   #269
BHPian

Hi Nik,

Welcome on board, please let me know which part of Bangalore are you put up there is good mechanic in Shivaji Nagar area near Thimiyyah Road. Few parts are available with Balaji let me know if you need anything.

Lets catch up for Tea/Coffee.

Thanks,
Saleem
Old 30th November 2012, 16:49   #270
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by beetle_boy View Post
Hi Nik,

Welcome on board, please let me know which part of Bangalore are you put up there is good mechanic in Shivaji Nagar area near Thimiyyah Road. Few parts are available with Balaji let me know if you need anything.

Lets catch up for Tea/Coffee.

Thanks,
Saleem
Hi Saleem,

Thanks! I'm in Hebbal so anything central and North is fine.

I think I found the guy on Thimmiah Rd. (Seppings Rd. for you old-timers). Is he the one across from a stall that works on Enfields? If so, he seems nice/reasonable. I met him once, but haven't been able to track him down again -- seems to get sick a lot or something.

I got another referral to Amjad in Banaswadi (off of 7th Main.) He seems pretty reasonable as well. Just had him replace a front wheel bearing. He's keen on repainting my ride -- will have to think about it.

Let's definitely catch up for a tea/coffee!

Nik

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks