Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2010, 15:54   #226
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidman View Post
The June 2010 rally saw the participation of around 26 scooters. It was an organized and disciplined rally, and we thank all members for the co-operation shown on this ride.
Nice pics. sid!
Good to see some 'new' scoots around this time, especially the pushpak and another Ld mk3!! 'looks pretty decent too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak16 View Post
Here's a nice series 2 I saw near Hennur a few years ago. You've got some great scooters there. Very jeleous - they are hard to get hold of here, maybe 30-40 running Lambrettas in the whole country.
Well, nothing to be jealous of now, what with most of these scooters having been sent out in shiploads from here to various other countries, including Aus/NZ! So they shouldnt be too hard to get hold of there now...on the contrary, they are becoming hard to get hold of here as of now!
Old 3rd July 2010, 10:46   #227
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
Nice pics. sid!
Good to see some 'new' scoots around this time, especially the pushpak and another Ld mk3!! 'looks pretty decent too.
Well, nothing to be jealous of now, what with most of these scooters having been sent out in shiploads from here to various other countries, including Aus/NZ! So they shouldnt be too hard to get hold of there now...on the contrary, they are becoming hard to get hold of here as of now!
It's so nice to see that there are still good scooters left, and people refuse to part with them! Yes, nothing to be jealous of, we have lost so many scooters to exporters, there is hardly anything left for us! Some of us are so crazy to own Series 1 LI 150, that we get the horncast fabricated, and fit it onto an early 60's Series 2. This is because we have no other go...impossible to find a Series 1 at a decent price! I have seen a couple of well-executed conversions like this. And if its not the exporters, its the scrappers, they love scrapping Lambrettas for the amount of aluminum they contain...its a very sad state of affairs...I shudder to think how many have been butchered at our local scrapyard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by srisha View Post
Hey SID, any luck on sourcing the video of the media coverage, this is for the April month rally.
Arun has the DVD. I'll get it and do the needful. Will let you all know!
Old 22nd July 2010, 20:16   #228

Paint and Service

I'm getting my dad's bajaj priya(1984) here, its all as original scooter was but i would like to get it re painted and get it done on a trust worthy location where the parts would be safe.Any suggestions?
There another constraint-Kannnada illa...so please advis eone who would know hindi or english.
Thanks
AXEG YO!
Old 24th July 2010, 09:54   #229
BHPian

Sent you a personal message. Check that, and get back to me if you need.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bangushus View Post
I'm getting my dad's bajaj priya(1984) here, its all as original scooter was but i would like to get it re painted and get it done on a trust worthy location where the parts would be safe.Any suggestions?
Old 24th July 2010, 09:55   #230
BHPian

BCSC Rally - Sunday, July 25th, 2010

BCSC Rally on Sunday, July 25th, 9:30 am onwards.
9:30 am Assembly at Central Library
11:00 am Rally Start
End at Airlines Hotel

Important!!!
The speed limit for this rally will be 40 kmph.
Ensure that your scooter is in good shape, with enough fuel and correct tyre pressure, and brakes fully working.
All riders are required to wear helmets while riding.
We will be following a strict 2-lane system. All riders should maintain a 2 lane formation, and overtaking or trailing behind is not allowed.
When riding, maintain at least 8 feet distance from the scooter in front of you. Never overtake the scooter in front of you.
At Central Library, parking fees of Rs. 5/- will be collected from each participant.

See you there,
BCSC Founders
Old 25th July 2010, 15:18   #231
BHPian

Today's rally saw the participation of 23 scooters. Riders showed good discipline in riding in the formation. We had good attendance by scooter enthusiasts from Thailand, who are studying in local colleges. Some stand out scoots to mention:
Mudassar's modded Vespa (built around a LML Vespa NV)
Arun's Silver Lambretta Special (possibly the only one of its kind in India)

Thanks to all who attended and helped to make the rally a success!
Attached Thumbnails
Bangalore Classic Scooter Club (BCSC)-dsc01915.jpg  

Bangalore Classic Scooter Club (BCSC)-dsc01916.jpg  

Bangalore Classic Scooter Club (BCSC)-dsc01917.jpg  

Bangalore Classic Scooter Club (BCSC)-dsc01918.jpg  

Bangalore Classic Scooter Club (BCSC)-dsc01919.jpg  

Bangalore Classic Scooter Club (BCSC)-dsc01920.jpg  

Bangalore Classic Scooter Club (BCSC)-dsc01921.jpg  

Bangalore Classic Scooter Club (BCSC)-dsc01922.jpg  

Bangalore Classic Scooter Club (BCSC)-dsc01923.jpg  

Bangalore Classic Scooter Club (BCSC)-dsc01924.jpg  

Bangalore Classic Scooter Club (BCSC)-dsc01925.jpg  

Bangalore Classic Scooter Club (BCSC)-dsc01926.jpg  

Bangalore Classic Scooter Club (BCSC)-dsc01927.jpg  

Bangalore Classic Scooter Club (BCSC)-dsc01928.jpg  

Bangalore Classic Scooter Club (BCSC)-dsc01929.jpg  

Bangalore Classic Scooter Club (BCSC)-dsc01930.jpg  

Bangalore Classic Scooter Club (BCSC)-dsc01933.jpg  

Bangalore Classic Scooter Club (BCSC)-dsc01934.jpg  

Bangalore Classic Scooter Club (BCSC)-dsc01935.jpg  

Bangalore Classic Scooter Club (BCSC)-dsc01936.jpg  

Bangalore Classic Scooter Club (BCSC)-dsc01937.jpg  

Bangalore Classic Scooter Club (BCSC)-dsc01941.jpg  

Bangalore Classic Scooter Club (BCSC)-dsc01951.jpg  

Attached Images

Sidman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2010, 16:31   #232
Distinguished - BHPian

Good show. Must be a treat for passersby.

Quote:
Some stand out scoots to mention:
Arun's Silver Lambretta Special (possibly the only one of its kind in India)
What is the difference between a Series 3 Special, a Silver Special and an SX 150? I'm curious to know, as I have (what I think is) a Series 3 Special.
Old 25th July 2010, 21:18   #233
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Today's rally saw the participation of 23 scooters. Riders showed good discipline in riding in the formation. We had good attendance by scooter enthusiasts from Thailand, who are studying in local colleges.
Good to see more scoots!

I was told that Lammys and Vespas are popular with S.E.Asian students in B'lore.

The white-wall tyres partiocularly look interesting to me- are they original or are those inserts?
Old 25th July 2010, 21:32   #234
Senior - BHPian

Great show ! MEE 7454 looks awesome.. Black and smoke grey -Very unusual (if not original) scheme of colours, including the totally unmatched but period looking seats. And whitewalls to top it all !
Old 31st July 2010, 22:57   #235
Senior - BHPian

Sid,
When is the next BCSC meet?

I heard one Lambretta owner is coming all the way from Namma Mangaluru?!
Old 15th August 2010, 23:47   #236
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
Good show. Must be a treat for passersby.
What is the difference between a Series 3 Special, a Silver Special and an SX 150? I'm curious to know, as I have (what I think is) a Series 3 Special.
Not sure about these variations...even I thought there was a Series 3 Special, but I see various conflicting reports on the scooter sites.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
Good to see more scoots!

I was told that Lammys and Vespas are popular with S.E.Asian students in B'lore.

The white-wall tyres partiocularly look interesting to me- are they original or are those inserts?
I think they are inserts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSelect View Post
Great show ! MEE 7454 looks awesome.. Black and smoke grey -Very unusual (if not original) scheme of colours, including the totally unmatched but period looking seats. And whitewalls to top it all !
The Thailand gang's scooters are pretty colourful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
Sid,
When is the next BCSC meet?

I heard one Lambretta owner is coming all the way from Namma Mangaluru?!
Yes, Girish and Kiran rode down from Mangalore, on a '67 Lambretta and a '82 Lamby 150. They had no problems, except the rain delayed them a bit. Lambretta power!!!
Old 16th August 2010, 00:38   #237
BHPian

Today's rally saw the participation of around 35 scooters.
Of special mention, Girish and Kiran rode down from Mangalore on their Lambretta and Lamby 150 to take part in our rally, and we are privileged that these "Lambretta heroes" rode with us today!
A few riders from Bangalore Yezdi Jawa Club also joined in the assembly at Cubbon Park. Along with them, we had more than 50 bikes attending.
The modified Lambretta is my mechanic's pet project. 180 cc cylinder, RX 100 carb, K&N filter. He's still working on it, and we hope to see this bike at Nandi Hills - Race to The Clouds next time.
Attached Thumbnails
Bangalore Classic Scooter Club (BCSC)-dsc01993.jpg  

Bangalore Classic Scooter Club (BCSC)-dsc01994.jpg  

Bangalore Classic Scooter Club (BCSC)-dsc02000.jpg  

Bangalore Classic Scooter Club (BCSC)-dsc02001.jpg  

Bangalore Classic Scooter Club (BCSC)-dsc02002.jpg  

Bangalore Classic Scooter Club (BCSC)-dsc02003.jpg  

Bangalore Classic Scooter Club (BCSC)-dsc02004.jpg  

Bangalore Classic Scooter Club (BCSC)-dsc02005.jpg  

Bangalore Classic Scooter Club (BCSC)-dsc02010.jpg  

Bangalore Classic Scooter Club (BCSC)-dsc02011.jpg  

Bangalore Classic Scooter Club (BCSC)-dsc02012.jpg  

Bangalore Classic Scooter Club (BCSC)-dsc02013.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 17th August 2010, 10:11   #238
BHPian

Sid: You forgot to mention the reed valve on your mech's scooter. Im curious of the port settings. The word was that he has used RD pistons on it, is it true and possible?
Old 21st August 2010, 23:49   #239
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuffRyder View Post
Sid: You forgot to mention the reed valve on your mech's scooter. Im curious of the port settings. The word was that he has used RD pistons on it, is it true and possible?
I was so busy at the rally, I did not have time to check out the scoot properly. Today, I met my mech, and took a close look at the modified Lambretta. He does have a reed valve fitted. He says he's using RD pistons.
He has a bit more work to complete, like electricals.
I wanted to take a ride today, but the scoot was out of fuel. Will try it out soon.
Old 3rd October 2010, 23:57   #240
BHPian

Hello Folks,

I went through all the pages / posts of the BCSC thread and was amazed to see the various scooters in excellent condition! Hats off to all the motor heads who keep these beauties in pristine condition! Keep up the good work!

I wanted to get some information on white wall tyres. Any idea where these can be procured in India? I have a Bajaj Super (1982 model) which is painted in my favourite colour, Red. You can check out the pictures at : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/post-w...ub-hcsc-5.html

The tyre size is 3.50 x 8. It would also be helpful if you could let me know the availability of white wall tyre “inserts”. The existing tyres on my scooter are in good condition and hence white wall tyre inserts will be a better option now instead of going in for new tyres.

Regards and Keep Revving,

Rahul Waghmare.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks