Thanks guys for taking time to respond to my query!
Originally Posted by Dry Ice
I did like the Tiago, but the petrol engine is lacklustre compared to the ones you get in Maruti - Ignis for example is much better, engine wise.
After all the looking around, I feel it will either be Ignis or the Freestyle.
One big drawback with the Ignis is, overall cabin feel (due to the decade old knobs) doesn't give me the feeling of an 'upgrade'. It practically uses the same AC controls as their 12-year old Alto! (Delta/Zeta AMT - I can't fathom paying over 8 lakhs for Alpha AMT). OTOH, Freestyle's cabin feels a lot more modern. And ofcourse, theres the class leading safety feature list - ABS, 6 Airbags, ESP, HLA, TCS, ARP. There is also a whole host of feel good things like Android Auto, Auto AC, Auto Wipers, Auto Headlamps, Rear sensors/camera etc. At ~8 lakhs on-road Delhi - it definitely feels the best bang for the buck. Do check it out if you haven't yet.
Thanks for pointing me towards this direction. I have not completely given up on booking an Ignis but Freestyle is something that I will check out. Based on the feature list, it does feel bang for the buck.
Originally Posted by porsche_guy
Yes but personally I feel that the build quality and other features compensate the lack of NVH and rear camera.
Additionally, you can also look at the Hyundai Grand i10. The Sportz(O) variant comes with an AT as well as a rear camera and Android Auto/Apple CarPlay. Also with the next generation expected soon, there are some huge discounts going on. Hyundai after sales support is also excellent. The only downside here I think, is that it doesn't get adjustable headrests
Unfortunately, rear camera has sort of become a must have for me. It just gives me some confidence while reversing the car and since my wife will mainly be using the car, it will give me even more confidence while she's reversing
Originally Posted by DPetrolHead
1. Tata Tiago Revotron XZ+ : VFM, would check almost all the boxes except fuel economy and ASS is a hit or miss.
2. Maruti Suzuki Swift ZXI/ZXI+: Ideal car for you IMO according to your requirements, also the ladies generally have a major liking for the car especially in red colour
3. Ford Freestyle Titanium/ Plus: Another great car, really VFM but it doesn't come with rear adjustable headrests I guess and not sure about its fuel economy.
4. Maruti Suzuki Ignis Alpha: Already ruled out I think but a great option for your requirements.
Since you are not in a hurry, you can also wait for the Ford Figo hatchback which has a facelift due and will be even cheaper than the Freestyle!
Hope this helps! Happy Shopping
1. Tiago I think lacks another feature which is rear parking camera. I understand that the sensors are sufficient but having a camera feels good.
2. We already have a swift in the household, so I'm a little hesitant to go for it.
3. Freestyle is something that I am going to look at.
4. Ignis hasn't been ruled out - it's just that I had a bad experience with this particular showroom so I might just hop over to another one. It definitely ticks all the boxes though.
Also, I doubt whether Figo facelift would undercut Freestyle. Currently Figo is priced above Freestyle, so I would expect that to continue.