BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
Make : Ford
Model : Fiesta
Variant : 1.6 SXi

Freebies : -None-
Congrats

You might want to bargain on the freebies more. I read in the forum that Fiesta has around 60k as year end discount, check that thread as well.

Instead of freebies try and negotiate for an outright discount. Having 60k on your hand means awesome ICE and other stuff.
Old 10th December 2009, 13:35   #302
BHPian

^^^ Precisely the reason no freebies are being offered!
On a ZXi, the discount offered coming to 60K.

On a SXi, the discount comes to 35K on the ex-showroom plus loyalty bonus of appx 5350/- by means of free 3rd yr extended warranty.

Also, since I am arranging for my own insurance/finance/3M+exterior etc, the dealer has no option to earn extra money now except what they do in registration!

Anyway, they have offered 5K discount on some 15K worth of accessories including a rear spoiler.
Old 10th December 2009, 13:43   #303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
^^^ Precisely the reason no freebies are being offered!

the dealer has no option to earn extra money now except what they do in registration!

Anyway, they have offered 5K discount on some 15K worth of accessories including a rear spoiler.
Sweet deal *diabolic laugh*

Also ensure if the accessories are from Ford and not any cheap after market stuff.

Hope things go smooth and look forward to your ownership thread.
Old 10th December 2009, 14:38   #304
BHPian

i have a question to the people who got the insurance as free.
What the dealer claims as free (the insurance amount) is exactly the permium amount or it is just goofed up price. b'coz i am getting a price difference of 5k on my new i10.
Old 10th December 2009, 16:20   #305
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Bangalore View Post
i have a question to the people who got the insurance as free.
What the dealer claims as free (the insurance amount) is exactly the permium amount or it is just goofed up price. b'coz i am getting a price difference of 5k on my new i10.
This is normally higher by 3000 to 5000 compared to what you get from independent insurance providers.
  1. Option 1 - You can bargain saying that you are getting lesser outside, so why cant they do it ? But still they may not match what you will get outside.
  2. Option 2 - You can take the insurance outside and ask for a cash discount against the quoted insurance value by the dealer. In most cased they dont agree on this.
Old 10th December 2009, 17:50   #306
BHPian

+1

Basically, IMHO, the ex-showroom+road tax+regn chrgs are what needs to be closely scrutinized and ensured that they are as per current offerings. Rest all is kind of "Rob Peter to Pay Paul" stuff.

If you do not expect any freebies like sunfilm/exterior 3M coating/mudflaps/floor mats etc, then I do not see any reason why the insurance premia cannot be reduced or better get your own insurance. In case you expect this, the dealer will definitely make it up somewhere else.

Hence, my 2 cents, is to fork out the minimum cost to legally drive the vehicle on the road. Rest all can be taken care off subsequently at much better rates.
Old 10th December 2009, 18:29   #307
BHPian

Make : HONDA
Model : CITY
Variant : VMT
Fuel : Petrol
Booking Date : Dec. 7th 2009
Color : Silver
Dealer & City : Pearl Honda, Gurgaon.
Freebies : None
Discount : Corp. Discount + Rs. 7500
Old 11th December 2009, 10:31   #308
BHPian

Make: Honda
Model: City
Variant: 1.5 V MT
Fuel: Petrol
Booking Date: Dec 10th, 2009
Color: Alabaster Silver Metallic
Expected Delivery Date: Dec 21st, 2009
Dealer & City: Pride Honda, Hyderabad
Freebies: IV coating on the body
Others: Corporate Discount(Rs 15,000.00)

Saving Rs 8,000.00 by getting insurance and registration done on my own.
Old 11th December 2009, 10:34   #309
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fstlndrive View Post
Discount : Corp. Discount + Rs. 7500
Which corporate do you work for? and How much of corporate discount did you get?
My wife works with Wipro Technologies and we got a corporate discount of Rs 15,000.00 on the ex-showroom price.

Could you elaborate on the discount of Rs 7500.00 please? Is it a cash discount? or Is it in the form of accessories?

We got a loan offer from Honda at 9.25% interest for an amount of Rs 3 lacs for 3 years time. Please do let me know if you sought any financing options and the interest you are being charged.

Thanks.

Last edited by kalyan_hyd : 11th December 2009 at 10:49. Reason: Added loan information
Old 11th December 2009, 12:00   #310
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalyan_hyd View Post
Which corporate do you work for? and How much of corporate discount did you get?
My wife works with Wipro Technologies and we got a corporate discount of Rs 15,000.00 on the ex-showroom price.

Could you elaborate on the discount of Rs 7500.00 please? Is it a cash discount? or Is it in the form of accessories?

We got a loan offer from Honda at 9.25% interest for an amount of Rs 3 lacs for 3 years time. Please do let me know if you sought any financing options and the interest you are being charged.

Thanks.
Hi Kalyan,
I work for Central govt. and I got Rs. 10,000. Rs. 7500 is a cash discount for December clearance by Honda. I did not finance.
Old 12th December 2009, 14:19   #311
Distinguished - BHPian

Make: Skoda
Model: Superb
Variant: 1.8TSi
Booking Date: Dec 10th, 2009
Color: Silver
Expected Delivery Date: Early Jan
Dealer & City: JMD Skoda, Mumbai
Others: Corporate Discount = 25,000 as it was group buy

Dilemma: I demanded only 2010 mfd car but the dealer says there is a price hike likely in Jan first week so he has advised me to take the car as Dec 2010 mfd. However they will give RTO papers that say it's Jan 2010 hence the RC book would say 2010 mfd thereby resale wont be affected. Only way you could make out the diff is by the VIN no. I know it's a bit hanky panky, but seems worthwhile? Advice?
Old 12th December 2009, 14:29   #312

Booked RITZ VDI

This is my first posting in the forum, Thanks for the Moderator to have me in the community;

I have booked Rtiz VDI at Chennai

Make : Maruti
Model : Ritz
Variant : VDI
Fuel : Diesel
Booking Date : 07 Dec 2009
Color : Silky silver
Expected Delivery Date : 16/18 Dec 2009
Dealer & City : Khivraj - Chennai
Freebies : 5K Worth accessories
Others : 30K Cash Disc

Note: Some dealers are offering more discounts now
Old 12th December 2009, 15:21   #313
BHPian

Make: Hyundai
Model: i20
Variant: Magna
Booking Date: Dec 11th, 2009
Color: Berry Red
Expected Delivery Date: Jan 2010 ??
Dealer & City: Hyundai Motors, Chennai
Others: Discount = NONE

Booked an i20 for my brother yesterday. We have asked for a 2010 model and the dealer has said there could be a price hike and they would provide the car for the price in Jan2010 only. As there is no discounts in i20 as of now, we insisted on the 2010 model.

Let's see how big the hole in the pocket is with the price rise.

OT: Also, they are out of stock on i10 AT models and the offers have come down than whats' provided earlier, a couple of days back.

Last edited by ikoneer : 12th December 2009 at 15:23.
Old 12th December 2009, 15:34   #314
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Dilemma: I demanded only 2010 mfd car but the dealer says there is a price hike likely in Jan first week so he has advised me to take the car as Dec 2010 mfd.
I think you meant Dec, 2009 mfd.
(IMHO)Yes, there might be a marginal 1-2% price hike in Jan and again in April, 2010.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
However they will give RTO papers that say it's Jan 2010 hence the RC book would say 2010 mfd thereby resale wont be affected. Only way you could make out the diff is by the VIN no. I know it's a bit hanky panky, but seems worthwhile? Advice?
Sir, here in AP, the registration card clearly mentions Month and Year of Manufacture and Date of Registration of the vehicle.

The way you put it, it looks like the dealer will do some magic and obtain papers which put the car's manufactured date sometime in Jan, 2010 so that the RTO would issue you an Registration card reading Jan, 2010 mfd and registration. Well, the whole purpose there are VINs on the cars are to identify the month/ year of model(and other vital details). I am not really sure how much of a help it is to obtain a registration for Jan, 2010 in such a case.
Old 12th December 2009, 22:11   #315
Distinguished - BHPian

@kalyan: sorry about the typo. The VIN number is not easy to decode and never really checked during resale hence the most important document is the RC itself.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks