Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2014, 11:40   #121
BHPian

Re: ICE Upgrade for Nissan Terrano

Sir,
Attached here manual for Pioneer 8590.
Manual says that it has an appradio mode.

You can connect an android phone to the head unit and use mapmyindia or any other android based navigation application. A friend has installed this HU in his Corolla. I will ask him if he is using Appradio mode.

Another way is,
mapmyindia sells navi box for Pioneer.
About its compatibility with this particular HU, you will have to get in touch with mapmyindia team at contact@mapmyindia.com and ask about BX-200 Navi-box for Pioneer.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf AVH-X8590BT.pdf (2.84 MB, 4852 views)
antariksh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2014, 15:21   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by antariksh View Post
Sir,
Attached here manual for Pioneer 8590.
Manual says that it has an appradio mode.

You can connect an android phone to the head unit and use mapmyindia or any other android based navigation application. A friend has installed this HU in his Corolla. I will ask him if he is using Appradio mode.

Another way is,
mapmyindia sells navi box for Pioneer.
About its compatibility with this particular HU, you will have to get in touch with mapmyindia team at contact@mapmyindia.com and ask about BX-200 Navi-box for Pioneer.
@Antariksh Thanks for the helpful info. I also need to source the bezel to get that OEM look. Did your friend also require a similar bezel for his corolla?
Old 4th March 2014, 15:53   #123
BHPian

I will ask him if he needed a dash mount kit. Another thing, blaupunkt here stocks mounting kits for every vehicle.please check their head units too for exact fit. How much is your budget? Are you specific only to pioneer?
antariksh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2014, 16:16   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix_Nemo View Post
I also need to source the bezel to get that OEM look. Did your friend also require a similar bezel for his corolla?
I realise you are in B'lore and you are thinking of how to get the bezel? You stay in the den of accessories shops. JC road, Koramangla houses some fine shops. You will get them. As for me, I first got the bezel, then the pioneer HU.
himadrimondal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th March 2014, 16:21   #125
BHPian

The reason why I am inclined towards Pioneer is due to a offer on Snapdeal
http://www.snapdeal.com/product/pion...t-7/2130578956

8590 is coming at a whopping price of 22k which is not possible otherwise, and I dont want to lose out on this opportunity.

@himadri - is it risky sourcing it from here as you mentioned in the PM?
Old 4th March 2014, 16:27   #126
BHPian

God forbid, suppose it turns out to be defective or a screw opened or warranty seal broken, you have to unnecessarily run around to get a replace or later be void of warranty. If you get it from a shop, the seal pack is opened by you only. That said 22k is an awesome offer, infact unbelievable. Weigh your options judiciously.
Old 4th March 2014, 16:28   #127
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
here as in Snapdeal?

I am not sure what the risk is all about but I recently sourced a Blaupunkt unit from Snapdeal and the deal went through smoothly. Received a proper VAT-paid invoice from the dealer, the package arrived in good shape (sealed) and unarguably, the cheapest offer no other local dealer was willing to match. Tried multiple sources from various cities and the difference in pricing was close to 3.5k.

Blaupunkt India even helped me with the installation part as well and directed me to a local dealer who does Blaunpunkt installations.
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2014, 17:17   #128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himadrimondal View Post
God forbid, suppose it turns out to be defective or a screw opened or warranty seal broken, you have to unnecessarily run around to get a replace or later be void of warranty. If you get it from a shop, the seal pack is opened by you only. That said 22k is an awesome offer, infact unbelievable. Weigh your options judiciously.
Trust me, i am having a difficult time concentrating on my work since morning. I have opened the site several times and only god knows how hard is to keep myself from hitting that checkout button.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
here as in Snapdeal?

I am not sure what the risk is all about but I recently sourced a Blaupunkt unit from Snapdeal and the deal went through smoothly. Received a proper VAT-paid invoice from the dealer, the package arrived in good shape (sealed) and unarguably, the cheapest offer no other local dealer was willing to match. Tried multiple sources from various cities and the difference in pricing was close to 3.5k.

Blaupunkt India even helped me with the installation part as well and directed me to a local dealer who does Blaunpunkt installations.
I have read about your experience in a thread and was totally amazed at the professionalism of those guys. I have written to Pioneer guys and awaiting a reply from them, if they can also direct me towards an authorized service center for the fitment. Did you check with Blaupunkt India guys about the warranty and other details in case of an online purchase?
Old 5th March 2014, 17:07   #129
Team-BHP Support

Did you get a reply from Pioneer yet?

Quote:
Did you check with Blaupunkt India guys about the warranty and other details in case of an online purchase?
I did not ask them specifically about the warranty with reference to the Snapdeal purchase but I have a proper invoice, warranty card and the installation carried out by the dealer who was recommended by Blaupunkt over mails.

The only worry here is the item arriving DOA (dead/defective-on-arrival). In which case, you will have to contact the seller through Snapdeal (or another e-commerce portal), ship the HU back to the dealer, paying for the courier from your wallet, wait for the replacement HU to arrive, take it back to the installer etc. It consumes a lot of time during the process.
Old 5th March 2014, 18:12   #130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The reason why I am inclined towards Pioneer is due to a offer on Snapdeal
http://www.snapdeal.com/product/pion...t-7/2130578956

8590 is coming at a whopping price of 22k which is not possible otherwise, and I dont want to lose out on this opportunity.

This is by far the worst ever headunit launched by pioneer with alot snags,we hav disposed nearly 8hu's in 2013,so even if you get this for 12k it still remains a lemon.

8690 is coming in a few weeks about 28.5k

Last edited by ramie2400 : 5th March 2014 at 18:16.
ramie2400 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2014, 18:32   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramie2400 View Post
This is by far the worst ever headunit launched by pioneer with alot snags,we hav disposed nearly 8hu's in 2013,so even if you get this for 12k it still remains a lemon.

8690 is coming in a few weeks about 28.5k
Thanks for the heads up Ramie. After going through a couple of video reviews and advice from Himadri and Gannu, I have decided to drop the plan for HU upgrade and concentrate on just the speakers.

How I wish Infinity would come in 5.25 measurements as I do not want to mess with the stock look, and there aren't much options in the market in that size.
Old 5th March 2014, 20:27   #132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the heads up Ramie. After going through a couple of video reviews and advice from Himadri and Gannu, I have decided to drop the plan for HU upgrade and concentrate on just the speakers.

How I wish Infinity would come in 5.25 measurements as I do not want to mess with the stock look, and there aren't much options in the market in that size.
Renault duster can easily accomodate 6.5inch only if you plan to install inside the door,and trim the oe speaker slot,trust me its anyday better than using 5.25in comps/coax.

You can use a high effeciency speakers with lower impedance to run direct on headunit or add a 4channel amplification for upgradation for better soundstage.
Old 6th March 2014, 10:25   #133
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramie2400 View Post
You can use a high effeciency speakers with lower impedance to run direct on headunit or add a 4channel amplification for upgradation for better soundstage.
Will the HU be capabale of driving low impedance (lower than 4ohms)? Many HU's power stage is infact a bridged IC output such as a TDA series typically configured as shown below
http://www.electronicsproject.org/wp...-amplifier.jpg

Last edited by navin : 6th March 2014 at 10:33.
Old 6th March 2014, 12:15   #134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Will the HU be capabale of driving low impedance (lower than 4ohms)? ...
I think Ramie is referring to the 3.xx ohm coils in some speakers. Should work, till someone jacks up the volume and the internal amp starts cutting off. Won't blow the amp chips till the 3 maxima occur simultaneously: supply voltage >=14.4, ambient above 50C (HU rear; that means cabin temperature is 55C: unbearable for humans) and volume cranked up. I can only shudder at the distortion even before the maximas occur.
Old 12th March 2014, 17:23   #135
BHPian

re: ICE upgrade : Renault Duster & Nissan Terrano

Bangalore Renault dealer offering to fit JBL GTO 509 components for both rear and front for 9K all inclusive, is it a good deal ? May be this is already answered (a quick search did not show anything against it, though it is always suggested for components for front and co-axials for rear), but is it advisable to use components in both front and rear?

Last edited by shabash : 12th March 2014 at 17:23. Reason: Making it specific to Duster

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks