Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2008, 11:16   #211
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
Its an unbranded mono. Uses the board and other components of a reputed brand's similar model, with some tweaks. Output is 1000 W rms into 2 ohms..
Tweaks you say? You perked my interest.
Old 4th October 2008, 11:32   #212
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
Its an unbranded mono. Uses the board and other components of a reputed brand's similar model, with some tweaks. Output is 1000 W rms into 2 ohms.

I think it would suffice to say that the sub is your "favorite". Wired in parallel to pose 2 ohms to the amp.
Those unbranded stuff sounds killer and much much louder,any special schemes for me i am planning for a next upgrade probably a hardcore scratchy DIY fibreglassing this time

I want to change from my Fav's to the Plutonium "Sponsors are most welcome with a drink"
Old 4th October 2008, 13:12   #213
BHPian

Hi guys,
I guess it’s high time I posted some pics of the finished install. Unfortunately i couldn’t take out time for a photo session so did that this morning.
Although I would have got down posting pics and my impressions about the setup right away but i feel like saying something before that. Please bear with me

It’s really been a long time now since I became a T-BHp member. When I first became a member, i was very much interested in cars in general but after I came here, it gave a completely different dimension to my hobby.

The most prominent thing that happened is that developed a keen liking for Car Audio. I must say here that credit goes to MoralFibre for introducing me to this exciting field.

Later on I met many members and then it was during MoralFibre's install that i met B&T. Since then the madness began.

Had it not been for Tbhp I wouldn’t have met so many nice people who have helped a lot till now and I wouldn't have been exposed to good audio and have a ICE setup that is, definitely not the best and the greatest, but is very good and brings a smile to my face every time I listen. I guess in the end that’s all that matters, isn’t it ?
Thanks Team - BHP !

Anyways, now that I am done with my boring speech, let me get back to my *Upgraded* ICE,

First of all, here is the complete set of equipment that has gone into the car,

Pioneer P80 RS Headunit
Illusion Audio Luccent LM8 8" Driver
Peerless 4" Glass fiber neo midrange with rear chamber
Illusion Audio Luccent 1" Silk dome tweeter
Illusion Audio EL62 Rear Co-Axials
Steg K4.01 4 Channel Amplifier
Prototype 1000W Mono
Ground Zero GZ-RW 12XD-AL 12" Subwoofer
Custom Subwoofer Enclosure (Designed by B&T)
Sommer RCA Cables for both Subwoofer and Fronts.
Netrik terminations on Sommer Co-Axial cables.
Illusion Audio speaker cables.
Loads of damping!!

The origin of this upgrade began with my accident. Let me explain why. When my car was repaired, the entire dash was removed for cleaning glass pieces and I saw the X-overs just 'kept' and that made me uncomfortable. I immediately decided to take the car to B&T once I got it back from Accident repairs. I also wanted to get some more damping because of the increased rattling. So as it is I was giving the car for damping so I asked B&T to get the setup checked whether the Maruti guys had been ignorant and sc**ed something.
Then I thought, since I am planning to get a better Amp for the speakers, why not get it done so the 'Talks' began and I got more and more entangled in the web.

Once the car was left with Ajay, he just went mad!! It was like he was in hyper active mode or something, just coming up with ideas like crazy. The 3 way install was his brainchild and so was the custom Sub enclosure. I never interfered and let him do whatever he wanted and also as he says, gave him the 'Luxury of Time' so he was even more pumped up I suppose.

After 3 days of unbearable wait, the car was ready. Unbearable because, yes excitement was the main thing but Ajay was feeding me with small hints of his impressions in installments, making the wait miserable for me.

Once there, all the Pune guys jumped into the car. I felt it to be safe to stand by the side and let the rush settle down. Lol

One by one they were going in and coming out with ******** (sorry cant mention here) facial expressions of their faces....
MF came out and looking at him, it felt like he had M*****e O****ms. Hehe

So finally it was my turn to step inside and let the mayhem begin. Boy!!! Was it beautiful or what!!!
Brilliant! Just Brilliant!

B&T had managed to create something that I had not imagined. I had given him a short list of what I wanted and what I didn't want and he worked on it accordingly.
The outcome was crazy! He is an artist. Period.

The main intention or sole aim was to attain better quality, clarity, detail etc. which is spot on.
What needs to be specially mentioned here is that the integration is so beautiful that I can’t explain.
I can say for sure that if someone sits in the car without any knowledge as to where the Sub is placed, I can guarantee that he will not be able to identify the positioning.

With time alignment and all the imaging is also very nice.

I might be going a bit overboard and might sound too excited but Ajay really knows how to do 'Tuning'

Hats off to Ajay for such a kickass setup!!!

Thanks a ton for building me an awesome setup in my constrained budget.

Here are some Random Pics of the finished install.

Illusionized Swift !!-img_2721-custom.jpg

Illusionized Swift !!-img_2720-custom.jpg

Illusionized Swift !!-img_2690-custom.jpg

Illusionized Swift !!-img_2722-custom.jpg

Illusionized Swift !!-img_2699-custom.jpg

Illusionized Swift !!-img_2710-custom.jpg

Illusionized Swift !!-img_2712-custom.jpg

Illusionized Swift !!-img_2695-custom.jpg
Old 4th October 2008, 13:19   #214
Senior - BHPian

Whoaaaaa!!! now thats looks amazing,is the subwoofer sealed inside the Box??do you have some accent lightings inside the amp as well??the fit and finish is very nice how are the 8inch drivers sounding way better and bassy than the earlier compos???
Old 4th October 2008, 13:23   #215
Team-BHP Support

Nice review Amy, very well written.

Quote:
Thanks a ton for building me an awesome setup in my constrained budget.
I also wish we have some very mediocre budgets like yours for our upgrades.

CIA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramie2400 View Post
Whoaaaaa!!! now thats looks amazing,is the subwoofer sealed inside the Box??do you have some accent lightings inside the amp as well??the fit and finish is very nice how are the 8inch drivers sounding way better and bassy than the earlier compos???
Rammstein, "bassy" cannot be associated with Amy's car. The output is tight and well defined. There is no "boom" associated either. Not that you can't enjoy house on the setup.

For lights we are coming to you very shortly.

Last edited by moralfibre : 4th October 2008 at 13:27.
Old 4th October 2008, 13:26   #216
BHPian

Congrats Amey,You are a lucky chap!AMp rack is awesome,Mid-range and midbass placement is great,like the way tweeter is placed.
Enjoy your music mate,you have a great setup in your car!
Hats off to B&T.Any details about Sub Enc?
I was keen to watch the speaker grille placement of 8" drivers after the metal and door pannel cutting,turned out to be great!!
Amey it would be great if you share prices of these:-
Illusion Audio Luccent LM8 8" Driver
Peerless 4" Glass fiber neo midrange with rear chamber
Illusion Audio Luccent 1" Silk dome tweeter.

Last edited by Gill : 4th October 2008 at 13:31.
Old 4th October 2008, 13:28   #217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
I also wish we have some very mediocre budgets like you did for our upgrades.

CIA.
With pockets as deep as his, this is truly modest

@ Ramie - Don't be surprised if a grinning Amey pays you a visit soon; when it comes to lighting, this Singh is truly King

OOOPS, almost forgot ... CIA
Old 4th October 2008, 13:57   #218
BHPian

Nooooo !!!!
No lights in my setup. I prefer it remains the way it is. I like it that way.

What you have done with the lights is truly awesome Ramie Anna and thats what these buggers are bullying me about.

" We are going to Ramie Anna, some white LEDs inside the Mono enclosure"and all

Bachao !!!!
Old 4th October 2008, 14:00   #219
Senior - BHPian

hahahahahaha lolz,okieze some DIY LED strips sponsored for your system from myside to make it look more dhin-chak
Old 4th October 2008, 14:05   #220
BHPian

Quote:
hahahahahaha lolz,okieze some DIY LED strips sponsored for your system from myside to make it look more dhin-chak
Damn !!! you too joined these idiots !

Kya Ramie Anna.......tsk tsk

Old 4th October 2008, 15:43   #221
Senior - BHPian

lolz... 1 se bhale 2

By the way i think your car might have become a little heavy and laid back in the initial pick-up,you might be feeling as if you are carrying luggage all the while in the boot
Old 4th October 2008, 16:54   #222
BHPian

I got to say, the system sounds awesome.
One of the cleanest systems I have heard, definitely one of the highest ranked systems in Pune (at least at it's price range).
The level of damping makes my Mercedes feel like a Maruti! A all round quality install.
(PS, Amey you need some lights around the amps)
Old 4th October 2008, 17:15   #223
Team-BHP Support

I would say if you want to experience a pair of floor standing home audio speakers, ask Amey to give you a demo. It indeed does sound that way. Amazing sound stage. Good time alignment. Excellent everything.

Amey's happy and that is all that matters in ICE.
Old 4th October 2008, 17:31   #224
BHPian

Quote:
lolz... 1 se bhale 2

By the way i think your car might have become a little heavy and laid back in the initial pick-up,you might be feeling as if you are carrying luggage all the while in the boot
What is Pete's Box for ?
Old 4th October 2008, 17:33   #225
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amey View Post
What is Pete's Box for ?
Then you must damp your doors with concrete as Vikram suggests. Also add a brick and mortar sub enclosure. Then put your car on stilts and audition

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks