Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2011, 22:02   #211
BHPian

Dhanyawaad. On the mobile app so can not use the 'Thank' functionality.
Old 17th June 2011, 18:04   #212
BHPian

Re: iPad-ed !!!!

Hi All,

Bought 16GB Wifi model, as it's enough for me. I have an Iphone 4 and that's meets my requirement of 3G services. So need was something to fill in between the phone and Lappy so settled to base version as it meets my requirements. So far couldn't explore much, because

Had an observation and it ended up with a replacement

Bought IPAD from Reliance Digital on 15th evening, was happy to get it as I waited almost 10days to get it. My fun was short lived, I didn't find anything un-usual at the store. Went home, just did a turn off of the device and observed weired white spots on the corners of the screen (3 such spots), they were minor but didn't expect it to see it just on piece which is out of box and from Apple.

Gave it for an inspection in Istore, they agreed to problem but said replacement would take 4 days. I declined to wait 4 days, result an immediate replacement.

Though I never had any such issues with my previous Apple products, but replacement right away without asking any fussy questions is commendable

Did anyone face this issue? I could see it only when room is dark and it's being powered down/up and not in any other way.

Now, seeking advice on which would be best converter (have whole bunch of movies) to add movies to IPAD.
Old 17th June 2011, 19:06   #213
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu230506 View Post
Hi All,

Bought 16GB Wifi model, as it's enough for me. I have an Iphone 4 and that's meets my requirement of 3G services. So need was something to fill in between the phone and Lappy so settled to base version as it meets my requirements. So far couldn't explore much, because

Had an observation and it ended up with a replacement

Bought IPAD from Reliance Digital on 15th evening, was happy to get it as I waited almost 10days to get it. My fun was short lived, I didn't find anything un-usual at the store. Went home, just did a turn off of the device and observed weired white spots on the corners of the screen (3 such spots), they were minor but didn't expect it to see it just on piece which is out of box and from Apple.

Gave it for an inspection in Istore, they agreed to problem but said replacement would take 4 days. I declined to wait 4 days, result an immediate replacement.

Though I never had any such issues with my previous Apple products, but replacement right away without asking any fussy questions is commendable

Did anyone face this issue? I could see it only when room is dark and it's being powered down/up and not in any other way.

Now, seeking advice on which would be best converter (have whole bunch of movies) to add movies to IPAD.
I use the VLC app to watch movies on my iPhone. Works pretty well.
Old 18th June 2011, 08:12   #214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanak View Post
I use the VLC app to watch movies on my iPhone. Works pretty well.
And how do you transfer the files onto the iPad?
Old 18th June 2011, 09:01   #215
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicvic View Post
Using iTunes. Click on the Apps Tb -> Select VLC and drag files.
roy_libran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2011, 14:07   #216
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicvic View Post
What about the other way round? My requirement is to move photos from SD card to an external drive. The iPad camera kit does the first part (SD - ipad) but not getting an answer for the second.
Old 18th June 2011, 16:53   #217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu230506
Yeap, I do have that problem. It is fairly common on some series. It was not a dealbreaker for me just light bleed from some edges. no other defect.
Old 20th June 2011, 12:40   #218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtandon View Post
Yeap, I do have that problem. It is fairly common on some series. It was not a dealbreaker for me just light bleed from some edges. no other defect.
Thanks Khanak, VLC works like charm.

Yeh rtandon,

I had no other issue apart from light bleed.

But what's frustrating for me is. replacement IPAD also suffers the same but
affected area is almost minor. Iam pissed off, was reading some reviews over the net and seems I might need to live with it.

Anyways would check with Apple guys again today or tomorrow.

cheers
Raghu

For those who have never seen what light bleed is,

Switch off the lights in room and turn on the IPAD. Pic from external source

External link: iPad 2 Display Problems Surface, Test Your Screen for Defects | The iPad Guide
Old 21st June 2011, 11:42   #219
Senior - BHPian

Folks,

Any non-smart cover suggestions? I came across Amzer® Shell Portfolio Case Carbon Fibre Texture For Apple iPad 2 - Time 2 Shop

Any others?
Old 22nd June 2011, 18:26   #220
IMP
BHPian

Any particular reason for non-smart covers? I'm using a similar one for the ipad 2 Capdase (this one is for the ipad 1, but the one for ipad 2 is similar) available at reliance istore @ INR 2200/- It also sleeps and wakes the ipad when you close and open the front cover.
Old 24th June 2011, 01:45   #221
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMP
Any particular reason for non-smart covers? I'm using a similar one for the ipad 2 Capdase (this one is for the ipad 1, but the one for ipad 2 is similar) available at reliance istore @ INR 2200/- It also sleeps and wakes the ipad when you close and open the front cover.
its simple. the smart cover doesn't protect the back or the sides. isn't something to carry it in with
Old 25th June 2011, 19:17   #222
BHPian

guys,
I recently bought i pad 2 from US, need information which is the best available 3G data plan in mumbai.
Old 25th June 2011, 21:13   #223
BHPian

can anyone tell me how to delete photos from ipad. Second thing how you transfer videos from pc to ipad.
Old 26th June 2011, 17:13   #224
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by udaydesai
can anyone tell me how to delete photos from ipad. Second thing how you transfer videos from pc to ipad.
When you open the pic, there should be a 'dustbin' / trash symbol on the top right corner. Click on it to delete pic.

Transferring videos should be possible using iTunes. You may want to use apps like VLC as well for this if videos are in unsupported format.
Old 27th June 2011, 10:42   #225
Senior - BHPian

Guys, I have been looking for a Speaker Dock for my iPad, for sometime now. My key criteria:
- Must support Landscape orientation while Docking
- Must have decent speakers
- Can have bluetooth support
- Can have in-built battery
- Can have an optional Video out

The only thing that I have found, that is close (not satisfying all criteria) to what I need is:
Haier IPD-100 View XL Docking System for iPad, available at less than $ 80.
But, it is not available anywhere in India (as per my search), and getting it shipped over will mean a landed cost of at least $ 150.

Does anyone know of any other reasonable alternative available in India?

Last edited by roy_libran : 27th June 2011 at 10:43. Reason: Typos and Formatting
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks