Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2011, 22:02   #211
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: 1.37N 103.92E
Posts: 83
Thanked: 41 Times
Default

Dhanyawaad. On the mobile app so can not use the 'Thank' functionality.
rtandon is offline  
Old 17th June 2011, 18:04   #212
BHPian
 
raghu230506's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 766
Thanked: 63 Times
Default Re: iPad-ed !!!!

Hi All,

Bought 16GB Wifi model, as it's enough for me. I have an Iphone 4 and that's meets my requirement of 3G services. So need was something to fill in between the phone and Lappy so settled to base version as it meets my requirements. So far couldn't explore much, because

Had an observation and it ended up with a replacement

Bought IPAD from Reliance Digital on 15th evening, was happy to get it as I waited almost 10days to get it. My fun was short lived, I didn't find anything un-usual at the store. Went home, just did a turn off of the device and observed weired white spots on the corners of the screen (3 such spots), they were minor but didn't expect it to see it just on piece which is out of box and from Apple.

Gave it for an inspection in Istore, they agreed to problem but said replacement would take 4 days. I declined to wait 4 days, result an immediate replacement.

Though I never had any such issues with my previous Apple products, but replacement right away without asking any fussy questions is commendable

Did anyone face this issue? I could see it only when room is dark and it's being powered down/up and not in any other way.

Now, seeking advice on which would be best converter (have whole bunch of movies) to add movies to IPAD.
raghu230506 is offline  
Old 17th June 2011, 19:06   #213
Senior - BHPian
 
khanak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Mumbai/Toronto
Posts: 2,735
Thanked: 127 Times
Default Re: iPad-ed !!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu230506 View Post
Hi All,

Bought 16GB Wifi model, as it's enough for me. I have an Iphone 4 and that's meets my requirement of 3G services. So need was something to fill in between the phone and Lappy so settled to base version as it meets my requirements. So far couldn't explore much, because

Had an observation and it ended up with a replacement

Bought IPAD from Reliance Digital on 15th evening, was happy to get it as I waited almost 10days to get it. My fun was short lived, I didn't find anything un-usual at the store. Went home, just did a turn off of the device and observed weired white spots on the corners of the screen (3 such spots), they were minor but didn't expect it to see it just on piece which is out of box and from Apple.

Gave it for an inspection in Istore, they agreed to problem but said replacement would take 4 days. I declined to wait 4 days, result an immediate replacement.

Though I never had any such issues with my previous Apple products, but replacement right away without asking any fussy questions is commendable

Did anyone face this issue? I could see it only when room is dark and it's being powered down/up and not in any other way.

Now, seeking advice on which would be best converter (have whole bunch of movies) to add movies to IPAD.
I use the VLC app to watch movies on my iPhone. Works pretty well.
khanak is offline  
Old 18th June 2011, 08:12   #214
BHPian
 
slicvic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: KA 19
Posts: 734
Thanked: 354 Times
Default Re: iPad-ed !!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanak View Post
I use the VLC app to watch movies on my iPhone. Works pretty well.
And how do you transfer the files onto the iPad?
slicvic is offline  
Old 18th June 2011, 09:01   #215
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Ghaziabad
Posts: 980
Thanked: 698 Times
Default Re: iPad-ed !!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicvic View Post
And how do you transfer the files onto the iPad?
Using iTunes. Click on the Apps Tb -> Select VLC and drag files.
roy_libran is online now  
Old 18th June 2011, 14:07   #216
BHPian
 
Jaguar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 556
Thanked: 141 Times
Default Re: iPad-ed !!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicvic View Post
And how do you transfer the files onto the iPad?
What about the other way round? My requirement is to move photos from SD card to an external drive. The iPad camera kit does the first part (SD - ipad) but not getting an answer for the second.
Jaguar is online now  
Old 18th June 2011, 16:53   #217
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: 1.37N 103.92E
Posts: 83
Thanked: 41 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu230506
Did anyone face this issue? I could see it only when room is dark and it's being powered down/up and not in any other way.
Yeap, I do have that problem. It is fairly common on some series. It was not a dealbreaker for me just light bleed from some edges. no other defect.
rtandon is offline  
Old 20th June 2011, 12:40   #218
BHPian
 
raghu230506's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 766
Thanked: 63 Times
Default Re: iPad-ed !!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtandon View Post
Yeap, I do have that problem. It is fairly common on some series. It was not a dealbreaker for me just light bleed from some edges. no other defect.
Thanks Khanak, VLC works like charm.

Yeh rtandon,

I had no other issue apart from light bleed.

But what's frustrating for me is. replacement IPAD also suffers the same but
affected area is almost minor. Iam pissed off, was reading some reviews over the net and seems I might need to live with it.

Anyways would check with Apple guys again today or tomorrow.

cheers
Raghu

For those who have never seen what light bleed is,

Switch off the lights in room and turn on the IPAD. Pic from external source

External link: iPad 2 Display Problems Surface, Test Your Screen for Defects | The iPad Guide
raghu230506 is offline  
Old 21st June 2011, 11:42   #219
Distinguished - BHPian
 
phamilyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 5,582
Thanked: 3,244 Times
Default Re: iPad-ed !!!!

Folks,

Any non-smart cover suggestions? I came across Amzer® Shell Portfolio Case Carbon Fibre Texture For Apple iPad 2 - Time 2 Shop

Any others?
phamilyman is offline  
Old 22nd June 2011, 18:26   #220
IMP
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Pune
Posts: 117
Thanked: 4 Times
Default Re: iPad-ed !!!!

Any particular reason for non-smart covers? I'm using a similar one for the ipad 2 Capdase (this one is for the ipad 1, but the one for ipad 2 is similar) available at reliance istore @ INR 2200/- It also sleeps and wakes the ipad when you close and open the front cover.
IMP is offline  
Old 24th June 2011, 01:45   #221
Distinguished - BHPian
 
phamilyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 5,582
Thanked: 3,244 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMP
Any particular reason for non-smart covers? I'm using a similar one for the ipad 2 Capdase (this one is for the ipad 1, but the one for ipad 2 is similar) available at reliance istore @ INR 2200/- It also sleeps and wakes the ipad when you close and open the front cover.
its simple. the smart cover doesn't protect the back or the sides. isn't something to carry it in with
phamilyman is offline  
Old 25th June 2011, 19:17   #222
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: mumbai
Posts: 285
Thanked: 16 Times
Default Re: iPad-ed !!!!

guys,
I recently bought i pad 2 from US, need information which is the best available 3G data plan in mumbai.
udaydesai is offline  
Old 25th June 2011, 21:13   #223
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: mumbai
Posts: 285
Thanked: 16 Times
Default Re: iPad-ed !!!!

can anyone tell me how to delete photos from ipad. Second thing how you transfer videos from pc to ipad.
udaydesai is offline  
Old 26th June 2011, 17:13   #224
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,271
Thanked: 815 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by udaydesai
can anyone tell me how to delete photos from ipad. Second thing how you transfer videos from pc to ipad.
When you open the pic, there should be a 'dustbin' / trash symbol on the top right corner. Click on it to delete pic.

Transferring videos should be possible using iTunes. You may want to use apps like VLC as well for this if videos are in unsupported format.
Axe77 is offline  
Old 27th June 2011, 10:42   #225
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Ghaziabad
Posts: 980
Thanked: 698 Times
Default Re: iPad-ed !!!!

Guys, I have been looking for a Speaker Dock for my iPad, for sometime now. My key criteria:
- Must support Landscape orientation while Docking
- Must have decent speakers
- Can have bluetooth support
- Can have in-built battery
- Can have an optional Video out

The only thing that I have found, that is close (not satisfying all criteria) to what I need is:
Haier IPD-100 View XL Docking System for iPad, available at less than $ 80.
But, it is not available anywhere in India (as per my search), and getting it shipped over will mean a landed cost of at least $ 150.

Does anyone know of any other reasonable alternative available in India?

Last edited by roy_libran : 27th June 2011 at 10:43. Reason: Typos and Formatting
roy_libran is online now  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Team-BHP App for your iPhone / iPad / iPod Touch GTO Team-BHP Apps & Mobile Access 528 9th May 2017 18:12
The iPad Thread anku94 Gadgets, Computers & Software 375 24th April 2017 13:31
Apple IPad for Carputer bullock-Car In-Car Entertainment 29 17th July 2014 18:12
1st in-car iPad installation.. nick17s In-Car Entertainment 14 28th April 2011 13:52
Hyundai Equus - Free iPad with this Hyundai prasadee The International Automotive Scene 0 27th October 2010 02:13


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 18:48.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks