Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st January 2014, 11:37   #136
Senior - BHPian

Re: Best Maruti service station in Chennai.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
^^ I generally avoid John. Dharmendra/Babu/Arul are the guys you want. If you go next time, call them beforehand and fix up an appointment. Even if they are busy and assign your car to a junior SA, they will keep tabs on what is going on for your car and take responsibility. The technical teams inside the workshop are generally very competent. Besides, since Suzuki is directly involved, the culture will be different from other MASS and all spares will be mostly available off the shelf.

We can choose our SAs but not the technical team. That will be potluck. But generally all the teams have competent leaders. Even choosing the SA is possible only if you call one in advance, not otherwise.

I always take the day off when I go there for service. Due to my low usage it is just once or twice a year. Despite their protests, you can go inside briefly from time to time and watch a specific job being carried out on the car. I will always take my own engine oil and hang around to ensure it is done to my satisfaction.

Btw what car did you take there?

Edit: There is a fellow who tries to sell you MGA items like power window, security system, reverse parking aid etc, probably he had taken the day off when you went!
Came here today again. Regretting my decision instantly, initially.

They have usurped the customer entry parking area (where you should ideally be approached by a SA, as is wont in most other service centers) for parking/polishing finished cars. I was directed to one area, where I went and waited. And waited.

10 min later I found out that both Dharmendra and Babu aren't in today.

The other interesting thing was that today I got Ayub. Nice thorough gentleman, but he's the polar opposite of John. John won't advise any maintenance till it breaks down - this gent instead recommended a steering box overhaul for precautionary purposes (he follows humyum's chain of logic) and was pretty much reading me the riot act for choosing not to do it thus far!!

Last edited by benbsb29 : 31st January 2014 at 17:13. Reason: Edited post as requested.
Old 6th March 2014, 19:03   #137
Senior - BHPian

In case anyone is interested - NSK service station, Neelangarai is conducting a free check up where consumables will be topped up and an exterior wash and interior cleaning will be done.

A voucher for 500 rs also will be given which can be redeemed in the service station later. Got this info yesterday from a Service advisor who had called me up to inform the same. The offer is for the month of March. If interested, please call them up to book an appointment
Old 22nd June 2015, 23:02   #138
Senior - BHPian

When I went to MSM to renew my insurance a few days ago, was intrigued by this board. Are other MASS dealers offering this service? Anyone availed this so far?

My car is due for the annual service in a few days, and I am wondering whether to avail this or take it to MSM workshop!
Attached Thumbnails
Best Maruti service station in Chennai.-marut.jpg  

Gansan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2016, 11:48   #139
BHPian

Hi

I will be driving down from Chennai to Mumbai during next week in my SX4 zxi, 2009 model along with my wife and my dog.. My car will be reaching Chennai from Port Blair.. My friend will be taking the delivery.

Since I won't be present at the time of giving the car for servicing and also while taking delivery post servicing, therefore I want to know about a reliable service station which can do pick up and drop off the car near Mount Road and can do good servicing as my car has not been serviced at Maruti station for the last 15 months and a long journey is ahead of me. Thanks in advance
Old 10th March 2016, 11:05   #140

I'm have been a regular at CARS INDIA Ambattur (for 20 years from when they started up), but now am very unhappy with the way they are handling things. They have been postponing my cars service to just attend to a small clutch noise and the brakes to be cleaned or overhauled. Whats better is all of them know me for the last 20 years. Even the service manager there now knows me for about 15 years from when hes been with cars. Despite all this they gave me 3 appointments and then just didn't honor it citing FLOOD VEHICLES pending.

While its fair to attend to people in a witing list you cant ignore your loyal customers for a petty job to wait with others for more than 3 months now. Most flood effected vehicles are in serious condition and need weeks of work, asking a regular customer to wait for months for such a small 2 pint check is not fair. On top of that i even opted to wait in line as a flood customer and guess what, 3 times my appointment wasn't honored. They don't recognize who took the appointment. Its not on the books. Its very obvious they are just trying to chase away customers because they have their hands full and are making a killing due to the recent Chennai flood. but after they finish with the flood affected vehicle list what will they do ? They will be back to begging their regular customers to bring their vehicles in trying to lure us with free camps and what not. Even a supermarket doesn't make the customer with 1 item in hand to wait till all the ones with 500 items to finish billing. They should have a few staff dedicated to attending and finishing petty vehicle services.

I'm looking to switch over permanently to MSM or some other competent center. They don't realize this is a personalized business like your family physician, you dont keep changing them often. Once i find a good replacement center i will stick with that place no matter how far away.
Old 30th May 2016, 20:52   #141

I'm planning to get a thorough check up of my 2014 Alto K10 due to numerous niggles. Which Maruti service station in Chennai are the most reliable and knowledgeable right now? I don't want to go there and have them tell me, "this is normal only sir" for all my problems. The closest one to me is Ambattur but I don't mind having to take the car to another station if it will be worth it.

Thanks
Old 22nd August 2016, 13:47   #142
BHPian

I'm looking for body shop for dent work on my swift dzire - Pearl metallic arctic white colour. There has couple of scratches on the bumper as well, thought will fix all of them together.

In chennai directory, i see good feedback for Mr. Senthil, Teynampet and Bosch, Vadapalani. Can you suggest any garage or should i stick with MASS? Also how are the body shop feedback from CARS India/MSM? Any suggestions will be welcome.
Old 21st March 2017, 10:52   #143

I am new to Chennai, and need to know a recommended carburetor mechanic/Service station competent in handling Carb engines here.

I have a Maruti Zen that has now been giving poor mileage and recently had very high emissions during PUC. While I do not notice any drop in performance, the mileage is down to around 6-7Kmpl in the city.

These days its hard to come across mechanics who have decent experience with carburetors, especially in a new city.
Old 6th August 2021, 00:42   #144
BHPian

Quote:
When I went to MSM to renew my insurance a few days ago, was intrigued by this board. Are other MASS dealers offering this service? Anyone availed this so far?

My car is due for the annual service in a few days, and I am wondering whether to avail this or take it to MSM workshop!
Hi am looking forward to check out MSM, are they good as before? Am placed out of chennai and i wish to drive to MSM just for fixing my wagonr with 120,000+ on odo.

My Issues:

1) Primary: My AirCon Compressor failed on March 2020, i haven't able to look into to that due to pandemic situation immediately. The Sole ASS which i used to visit in my city gave an estimate of 25k since along with the compressor entire AC Family components has to be changed viz Condenser, cooling coil etc as per company SOP Manual. This Ass happened to be my dealer as well and due to option constraints i was visiting them for all service. My SA(as well as local garage) asked me to go for a used market Compressor. But with time i realized, going for a Used Compressor or changing with a New Compressor alone would have to survive on good amount of luck on the longer run. since chances are Any physical particle residing inside the condenser can again get circulated to the compressor and there by failing again. Modern vehicles Condenser/evaporators are getting thinner and smaller in size due to mass production and cost there by its highly impossible to flush out to clean it. So making up my mind and with enough on wallet i approached my Ass to make a advance so that they can place the order for spares. This time i was given an estimate of 33k. Though caught by surprise i was in mood still to go ahead but my regular SA was preventing me with all effort(Not sure if has any grudge with his employer) .

So, Need My entire Air Con Overhaul and fix what ever rightfully needed.

2) Secondary : Since delivery i had a feeling like there is something wrong with my front suspension especially the passenger side. with unsatisfactory results i once escalated to Maruti( just was giving a try) on they website.
Next morning 7:00Am ASS guys were at my doorsteps . With blindfold mechanism they changed everything and gave back the vehicle. But still am not ok-- might be my phobia or something.

3)Need a cosmetic paint job done am not sure MSM would be right choice..

Need your opinion and guidance
Old 6th August 2021, 08:33   #145
Senior - BHPian

^^ Suzuki is directly invested in MSM, so you will not find a better authorized workshop for Maruti. They will have all the spares for all models or get them very quickly. They have a very good body shop and paint booth. In my opinion they are the best authorized Maruti workshop . Would I give them 100% for customer satisfaction? Probably not. More like 8/10. I am a regular there for more than a decade.

Meet either Mr.Dharmendra or Mr.Ezhilan and mention me (Ganesan, Blue color Alto 8006) if you wish, they will be more helpful. Especially the former knows about my Team-Bhp connection.
Gansan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th August 2021, 08:44   #146
BHPian

Quote:
^^ Suzuki is directly invested in MSM, so you will not find a better authorized workshop for Maruti. They will have all the spares for all models or get them very quickly. They have a very good body shop and paint booth. In my opinion they are the best authorized Maruti workshop . Would I give them 100% for customer satisfaction? Probably not. More like 8/10. I am a regular there for more than a decade.

Meet either Mr.Dharmendra or Mr.Ezhilan and mention me (Ganesan, Blue color Alto 8006) if you wish, they will be more helpful. Especially the former knows about my Team-Bhp connection.
Thanks will visit next week and update. is there a way i can talk to Dharmendra while booking my service call?
Old 8th February 2024, 03:23   #147

Hi, I am a first time Maruti Baleno owner and I am looking for your suggestions regarding the best MASS in chennai. I'm located near Mylapore. I did my first service at Popular NEXA virugambakkam as I bought my vechile from Popular Nandanam but looking for a change as I am not satisfied with them fully. Thanks in advance.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks