Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

View Poll Results: Would you buy spares and parts online?
Yes Only for routine services 19 7.45%
Yes For routine services + replacements 215 84.31%
No - Why not? 21 8.24%
Voters: 255. You may not vote on this poll

Old 3rd November 2016, 21:47   #106
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoNoob View Post
My Beat is Mar 2011 model,bought in Chennai. The gear knob was fine till I shifted to NCR. In the first summer here it started cracking. Now whole plastic thing is gone and bare metal is all that is left. I checked with ASS for replacement, they casually said that whole gear shift lever assembly needs to be changed and will cost around 2k.:
This happened in my Logan too with a similar response from the dealer. Price was quoted was around 2500. However I got the knob replaced with a Recaro aluminium knob from a accessories dealer.

The gear shaft had a thread to screw on the gear knob. But the replacement knob came with a thick plastic cover to put over thread and one can fix the knob with the provided screw and Ellen key.

Been around 3 yrs now. Only problem is that the gear knob becomes hot when parked directly under sun. Else no issues even under hard running conditions.

Last edited by pugram : 3rd November 2016 at 21:49.
pugram is online now   Reply With Quote