Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 9th October 2016, 19:26   #526
BHPian

Thanks hserus. Never bought an used car before. Do not want to try something in my retirement. Yes family ties get me to Bengaluru one a couple of months. With FastTag may be I shall save those sums 😀 Yes unless I get good assurance in Kovai to get re-registration at an acceptable price, I guess I will do what you have suggested. Tnx n cheers.
Waxeloquent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2016, 19:54   #527
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Change of my car registration from KA to TN

Life tax in TN is not a negotiable thing, government fixed. The agent expense will be there in both Bangalore and Kovai due to procedures required in both cities.

Please go ahead and sell. Kovai has surprisingly good used cars because of the number of industrialists there who periodically sell off nearly new cars after very slight use.
hserus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2016, 21:14   #528
Senior - BHPian

There are middle men (agents) in Coimbatore and you can get the tax paid & re-register your car at a nominal charge. PM me if you need any support or pointer.

PS: One of my project bike is GJ registered initially, re-registered at Coimbatore and then transferred to Chennai.
Mr.Boss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2016, 21:28   #529
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waxeloquent View Post
I want to take my 4 year old Duster with KA registration (Bengaluru) to Coimbatore in TN. I already paid life tax in KA. It does not have any loan.
I know I have to obtain NOC at Bengaluru on submission of some documents. What about in TN? How much will I have pay (fee, tax and incidentals) there? Does TN Coimbatore also have middle men, agents etc? Please advise. Thanks. Cheers
You may look the TN Government links below. Think, I will give you sufficient details.

http://www.tn.gov.in/sta/t10.html

http://www.tn.gov.in/sta/registration.htm

You may keep the papers of your vehicle mentioned in the above link ready, before you move to Coimbatore, so that major requirements are addressed.
batman is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2016, 07:48   #530
BHPian

hserus, mr.boss & batman thank you all v much! Nopes @ 12.75% of my original invoice value and additional costs with uncertainty of refund of LTT in Bengaluru, the dice is loaded heavily against me 😒 Much I love my Dusty, not a great fan of any other vehicle right now, I'd put it on sale in 2017 in Bengaluru and buy another vehicle in Coimbatore. Thanks again for all your valuable info, Cheers
Waxeloquent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2016, 07:53   #531
Senior - BHPian

As I said you can keep it for upto a year or more longer and as long as you take regular trips to bangalore and have a bangalore address on your RC book, I doubt that you will be bothered about it.

You will need to eventually sell it in Bangalore of course but that should not be too difficult.
hserus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2016, 02:29   #532
BHPian

Default Re: Moving a car between States - Road tax, refund etc.

I am looking to buy a second hand car in Mumbai which is registered in Jharkhand. Can someone please explain me the entire procedure?

Also, is it possible to transfer the same car from an individual registration to a company registration?
vandan is offline   Reply With Quote