Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2010, 18:36   #151
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrinalSinha View Post
Sorry to hear about the key not fitting for you Epic. I was hoping that it might fit your remote. The sad part is "no reply" from DSP stores now :(.. The autocop guy will confirm the feasibility by tomorrow. So I am waiting for a news from him.
Hi Mrinal. Yeah too bad about the outcome, I was hoping it would fit too. Btw, do let me know if the Autocop guy's review is positive and if he can make a custom one so that I can look at that option too. I am anyway looking for a PCB maker in Mumbai. Its the only option left i guess.
Old 7th July 2010, 02:48   #152
BHPian

Chevy Optra

Anyone has a clue if this can be done for the Optra with the factory key. And if yes, who am I to turn to?

Last edited by GTO : 10th July 2010 at 18:47. Reason: Removing FONT tags. Please avoid copying text from other word softwares
Old 7th July 2010, 08:10   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic View Post
Hi Mrinal. Yeah too bad about the outcome, I was hoping it would fit too. Btw, do let me know if the Autocop guy's review is positive and if he can make a custom one so that I can look at that option too. I am anyway looking for a PCB maker in Mumbai. Its the only option left i guess.
Hi Epic,

The news from autocop is that it wont fit :(.. So now the flippy key is almost a waste for me. I dont know how to find a PCB maker here in Hyderabad. Any suggestions?
Old 7th July 2010, 15:53   #154
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Epic,

The news from autocop is that it wont fit :(.. So now the flippy key is almost a waste for me. I dont know how to find a PCB maker here in Hyderabad. Any suggestions?
Hi Mrinal,

Don't know about a PCB maker in Hyderabad but located one here in Mumbai who will custom make the PCB to fit in the flip key but the cost for the same is almost 2k so not sure if this is worth it. What do u suggest?
Old 7th July 2010, 18:10   #155
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Mrinal,

Don't know about a PCB maker in Hyderabad but located one here in Mumbai who will custom make the PCB to fit in the flip key but the cost for the same is almost 2k so not sure if this is worth it. What do u suggest?
2k is sky high!! I am thinking of sending this FOB back and getting S110 model (hope 30 days money back applies to us also). This is a three button in-line remote. Today, autocop chap is visiting my house to return the keycase. I will check if he has got a remote to fit it. The remote will cost 700 much less than 2k. I am going to give him a call now.

Edit: Ask him to do the custom PCB in 500 each and I will send my remote also along with the case. Anything more than 500, I wont like to spend. I have already destoyed a remote. I will try to do a custom PCB myself. I am anyway free on the weekends.

Last edited by MrinalSinha : 7th July 2010 at 18:12.
Old 9th July 2010, 11:44   #156
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
2k is sky high!! I am thinking of sending this FOB back and getting S110 model (hope 30 days money back applies to us also). This is a three button in-line remote. Today, autocop chap is visiting my house to return the keycase. I will check if he has got a remote to fit it. The remote will cost 700 much less than 2k. I am going to give him a call now.

Edit: Ask him to do the custom PCB in 500 each and I will send my remote also along with the case. Anything more than 500, I wont like to spend. I have already destoyed a remote. I will try to do a custom PCB myself. I am anyway free on the weekends.
Hi Mrinal,

Yes, I did mention that I would have friends who would like to also custom make their remote PCBs but provided mine is a success first. The problem is that the brand, shape, functions & components of our remotes are not the same, hence, there is a development cost also involved which is why the cost is so high. If we had the same remote, I am sure we could have got our PCBs made at a much lesser cost. I'm clueless and lost now :-(
Old 9th July 2010, 12:22   #157
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Mrinal,

Yes, I did mention that I would have friends who would like to also custom make their remote PCBs but provided mine is a success first. The problem is that the brand, shape, functions & components of our remotes are not the same, hence, there is a development cost also involved which is why the cost is so high. If we had the same remote, I am sure we could have got our PCBs made at a much lesser cost. I'm clueless and lost now :-(
Ok.. but he is just gonna solder the components on a new PCB which costs just 10 rs. per sq feet! I belive 2k is very high. Also, the S205 model will take a PCB which is 3cm X3.3 cm in dimension.

I am putting up the flippy key for sale in the classified section now. Will do that in the evening once I reach home. I have found that there is a remote which might fit S110 model (which knp had). So I will be ordering that.
The DSP guys have been quite helpful and they have agreed to exchange the case, but resending it to china will again cost me some money, so I am preferring to sell it here at no profit/ no loss. If I don't find anyone here, I might then return it back.
Old 9th July 2010, 17:30   #158
BHPian

@ Mrinal: Sorry about the disappointment. Will the xenos remote module fit in the flippy key you bought? Ignore the blue button cause its a dummy. The key is for a lancer.
Attached Thumbnails
Flippy Keys-my-key.jpg  

Old 10th July 2010, 16:43   #159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassem View Post
@ Mrinal: Sorry about the disappointment. Will the xenos remote module fit in the flippy key you bought? Ignore the blue button cause its a dummy. The key is for a lancer.
Buddy,

You will have to send me the exact dimesnsions to check wether it fits. Also, I was not able to check the button postioning as the remote did not go in. If you can send me the remote dimensions, I can confirm if it does not fits. But, confirning that it fits will not be possible anyway.
Old 10th July 2010, 20:07   #160
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassem View Post
Quote:
Buddy,

You will have to send me the exact dimesnsions to check wether it fits. Also, I was not able to check the button postioning as the remote did not go in. If you can send me the remote dimensions, I can confirm if it does not fits. But, confirning that it fits will not be possible anyway.
Guys! Tassem's remote is the same as mine so shape and measurements of the PCB are posted on Pg 6 of this forum. I dont think it will fit though. The shape of these Xenos remotes/PCBs are a big issue!!
Old 10th July 2010, 20:11   #161
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ok.. but he is just gonna solder the components on a new PCB which costs just 10 rs. per sq feet! I belive 2k is very high. Also, the S205 model will take a PCB which is 3cm X3.3 cm in dimension.
Yes you are right, but if you look at my PCB, there are not components only to solder. The only solder that is there is that of the battery terminal connections. The components in my PCB are sort of built in!
Old 12th July 2010, 20:33   #162
BHPian

Guess I'm out of luck then. I tried speaking with the Xenos guys to see if any of their other remotes can function with the unit in my car. While they were willing to help, they said that the remotes they have are non-programmable across the different units available.

This confuses me. As when I bought a replacement remote, it took them all of 5 minutes to program it. They flip a button on the unit, wait for the signal led and then press the buttons on the remote for each function.

I just read that above statement and it looks confusing to me. But I'm sure anyone who's had a remote replaced knows what I'm talkin about.

Now, the big question I have is whether we can buy programmable remotes online. Like those watches which came with the tv remote. That'd be a good thing now, wont it?

tassem.
Old 21st July 2010, 16:36   #163
BHPian

Any progress Epic sir? Mine is all stuck. I have got a new remote with 3 3-inline buttons. I have sent the dimensions to the DSP guys and I am awaiting reply.
Old 2nd December 2010, 22:40   #164
BHPian

One of they keys of my Innova, with the remote buttons, got badly damaged (the plastic case broke). I checked with Toyota dealer who quote Rs.10,000 (yes, that's right!) for a new key.

While browsing the net, came across M/s Krishnaraj Enterprises. After some correspondence with Pulin Ashar, I sent the damaged key to them, they transplanted the transponder module into a new flip key case and cut and fitted a new key. Voila, I now have this great looking flip key with the Toyota logo etc.
Damages, including courier charges - Rs.1500!!

John

Last edited by John : 2nd December 2010 at 22:43.
Old 2nd December 2010, 22:51   #165
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post
One of they keys of my Innova, with the remote buttons, got badly damaged (the plastic case broke). I checked with Toyota dealer who quote Rs.10,000 (yes, that's right!) for a new key.

While browsing the net, came across M/s Krishnaraj Enterprises. After some correspondence with Pulin Ashar, I sent the damaged key to them, they transplanted the transponder module into a new flip key case and cut and fitted a new key. Voila, I now have this great looking flip key with the Toyota logo etc.
Damages, including courier charges - Rs.1500!!

John

Cool! Can you post the pics of the key? Also give the contact details of the keymaker!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks