XT - 5.99 lakhs

Tata Zest Diesel Prices -

XE - 5.64 lakhs
XM - 6.27 lakhs
XMS - 6.45 lakhs
XMA (F-Tronic) - 6.99 lakhs
XT - 6.99 lakhs

Source: http://www.99cars.com/car-news/live-...s-details-198/
This is excellent pricing by Tata for excellent vehicle.
Only 'IF' in the equation now is - Tata should deliver niggle free vehicles from first batch itself and back up with good after sales.

Regards
JLS
JLS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2014, 14:11   #317
BHPian

Re: Tata Zest : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
A lot of voices about aggressive pricing by Tata. I would say the price is competitive, but definitely not aggressive. A discount of ~3.5% to 5 % compared to established bestsellers will hardly sway the early adapters. There may be a few innovators who will anyway go for the new Zest.
ravradha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2014, 14:13   #318
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai launches their new Elite i20 and very next day Tata comes with these kind of pricing for Zest! awesome move buy TATA.
Old 12th August 2014, 14:17   #319
BHPian

Fantastic pricing, but strangely the advertisement does not even mention the AMT feature.
Visran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2014, 14:17   #320
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravradha View Post
A lot of voices about aggressive pricing by Tata. I would say the price is competitive, but definitely not aggressive. A discount of ~3.5% to 5 % compared to established bestsellers will hardly sway the early adapters. There may be a few innovators who will anyway go for the new Zest.
Err the mid range of Zest packs better features than top end Dzire & Amaze. Top end Zest packs far more features than top end of all compact sedans.

Only question mark is whether the Zest has great production quality for each piece, reliability & after sales service.

The 3 year maintenance + RSA + warranty package will attract many - this matches what Chevrolet did first on the Aveo.
gsurya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th August 2014, 14:18   #321
Senior - BHPian

Guys
by the way, dont the existing compact cars carry some discounts ? atleast the Amaze and Dzire would be having one in which case shouldn't that be factored while comparing with the launch price of the Zest ?
Old 12th August 2014, 14:21   #322
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post

A quick price comparison - all prices are Ex.Showroom delhi (taken from respective manufacturer websites), metallic color.

Attachment 1273265

--Anoop
This looks like just about 25K difference from like Dzire models. Most people will end up paying that to Maruti for peace of mind. I don't see Zest doing well against Dzire at these prices.

But, I have a feeling the comparison may not be valid. Looking at comments (like alloys even on the base model), Tata Motors may have deliberately specified variants that have more features than comparative market leaders. The segment new features add to that. So, expect dealer salesperson to have calculation sheets ready that show that if you were to add all the extra features to a Dzire, see it'll be a good 50-60K more expensive!
guptad42 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2014, 14:25   #323
Senior - BHPian

Any detailed feature list or Brochure yet?
DCEite is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2014, 14:29   #324
BHPian

On a side note, Zest may be the first vehicle from Tata stable where no one seems to be saying that wait for an year and let the niggles get sorted. That's some change in perception!

The prices are spot on for the quality and kit on offer. Getting decent after sales service and proactively solving any issues is the only factor that remains to be seen.

Everything aside, does make you feel proud as an Indian that the usual complaints and caveats associated with Tata are missing this time. Can only pray that they live upto the expectations from here onwards.
avisidhu is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 12th August 2014, 14:31   #325
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roomy View Post
This has to be most affordable car in the segment offering ABS plus airbags. Features galore!! Worth all the wait and hype, all thats left is to wait and see how the market laps it up and how long before Tata goes the Duster/Ecosport/XUV 500 route and jacks up the price.
Brilliant, brilliant product and an even better marketing campaign that delivered exactly what the car needed.
I don't see Tata raising the prices at least for another 6 months. They very well know the main objective is to win back the market trust. That's why they had priced it reasonably well.
Also, I read in Times of india today the good profit TML is making because of JLR. So, they can very well afford to stay on these price for some time.

On a side note Elite i20 which was already looking overpriced is now looking exorbitantly priced if we compare it with Zest with all features comparison and AMT offering.

Last edited by harry10 : 12th August 2014 at 14:34.
harry10 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2014, 14:34   #326
BANNED

I had my mind set on buying hyundai i20 elite but this now changes that equation.
Now will check the Zest and then make the decision.
Old 12th August 2014, 14:37   #327
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avisidhu View Post
On a side note, Zest may be the first vehicle from Tata stable where no one seems to be saying that wait for an year and let the niggles get sorted. That's some change in perception!
Forget that, I booked the car before I even SAW it the first time thats how confident & excited I am about Tata Zest. The TD I took a week AFTER booking confirmed my decision & today's launch sealed it.
gsurya is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 12th August 2014, 14:43   #328
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsurya View Post

Forget that, I booked the car before I even SAW it the first time thats how confident & excited I am about Tata Zest. The TD I took a week AFTER booking confirmed my decision & today's launch sealed it.
Congrats. Have they given any delivery date. Hopefully yours will be the first ownership here and an insight for many.
Old 12th August 2014, 14:46   #329
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Congrats. Have they given any delivery date. Hopefully yours will be the first ownership here and an insight for many.
They said they will call me tomorrow - delivery date depends on the color & model & what they have produced already in pre-production. I am going for top end XT & either Blue or Red, but havent seen how the Grey looks.
Old 12th August 2014, 14:52   #330
Senior - BHPian

IMO If the prices were lower, it'd immediately reflect as devaluation of the brand.

Hence, diminished share value would immediately reflect in the share markets.

Even as a consumer, I'd rather that they take a decent price and ensure service is improved.

Spending 20-30k extra now will ensure people cannot acclaim deficiency in service experience to be due to the lower Brand value. (NO offense, but you're NOT buying a *Low Cost Brand Name Here*, you're buying a TATA.)

That said, IMO they've also lost a good chance of showing confidence in the in-house developed Revotron Petrol by NOT offering any additional-warranty post the initial 3 years.

Even Fiat gives 3 years warranty + 2 years Extended warranty.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks