Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2009, 22:20   #106
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun1100 View Post
Pics of the other type carburetors available. Which one is best suited for a 1991 Padmini? The inlet manifold in the pic, is it the normal one? Are there any other type of inlet manifolds?
Is the Inlet maniflod having 2 holes for hat water inlet. I would love to have it if it has. How much it it for.
Old 23rd September 2009, 08:39   #107
Distinguished - BHPian

The part number of this inlet manifold is PAB28004. There are no heating pots in this manifold. It was introduced in 1977 as a cost cutting measure when charge heating was removed. You will need to install small studs at both mounting locations. Please post photographs of your car with its original manifold in place for me to be able to comment further. Why do you want to change the manifold in the first place?

Dear Adheesh - you were asking something about the 118NE jets yesterday. I was still at work so could not reply immediately. The original Hitachi carburettor had 97/115. It did not have fuel return line so vapour separator was fitted in 1990.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Old 23rd September 2009, 11:25   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
The part number of this inlet manifold is PAB28004. There are no heating pots in this manifold. It was introduced in 1977 as a cost cutting measure when charge heating was removed. You will need to install small studs at both mounting locations. Please post photographs of your car with its original manifold in place for me to be able to comment further. Why do you want to change the manifold in the first place?

Dear Adheesh - you were asking something about the 118NE jets yesterday. I was still at work so could not reply immediately. The original Hitachi carburettor had 97/115. It did not have fuel return line so vapour separator was fitted in 1990.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Okay. The data I provided was for the more common Mikuni carburetors.
Quote:
It did not have fuel return line so vapour separator was fitted in 1990.
Was this the reason these cars had severe fuel percolation problems in the earlier stages?
Old 23rd September 2009, 19:43   #109
Senior - BHPian

Complaint of one sided tyre wear, and mechanic out of station. Hence went to wheel alignment centre. Still there is a slight left side pulling. Attached readings.
Attached Thumbnails
The FIAT 1100/Premier Padmini Technical Information thread-picture.jpg  

Old 23rd September 2009, 21:21   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
Complaint of one sided tyre wear, and mechanic out of station. Hence went to wheel alignment centre. Still there is a slight left side pulling. Attached readings.
Which car ? The data looks from a Delight, President or Padmini.

For a Delight, President or Padmini the camber should be zero and the caster should be +2 degrees without load. The original settings are with load, however according short discussion with Mr. Dhabhar nearly a year and half ago, this configuration without load also gives fairly accurate results.

Last edited by adheesh : 23rd September 2009 at 21:24.
Old 24th September 2009, 08:52   #111
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear Adheesh - correct camber and caster for Padmini without load is as follows - Camber is -25 minutes to +15 minutes, mean is -5 minutes, therefore we need to aim for absolute 0. Caster is +30 minutes to +1 degree 30 minutes, therefore we need to aim for +1 degree. Please note and follow otherwise car will not run properly. Caster of +2 degrees as mentioned by you above is incorrect. I will never say anything except these figures because they are etched in my memory from 1977.

Dear Ramzsys - I presume your car is a Padmini / Fiat. The above table clearly indicates major discerpancy in required and obtained values. The RH spider will need to be rotated clockwise by at least 2 turns and the LH by 1 turn to bring the caster to positive value. Also, I note that there is no perceptible difference between the initial and final values of camber and caster so I would conclude that you must have paid around 400 rupees for getting value of next to nothing. This is expected as most of the fellows don't know what to do in any case. Also, it seems that the last suspension job is not done properly, or the base chassis is misaligned. I need photographs of this car's engine compartment to comment further. Please post them.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Old 24th September 2009, 11:31   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear Adheesh - correct camber and caster for Padmini without load is as follows - Camber is -25 minutes to +15 minutes, mean is -5 minutes, therefore we need to aim for absolute 0. Caster is +30 minutes to +1 degree 30 minutes, therefore we need to aim for +1 degree. Please note and follow otherwise car will not run properly. Caster of +2 degrees as mentioned by you above is incorrect. I will never say anything except these figures because they are etched in my memory from 1977.

Dear Ramzsys - I presume your car is a Padmini / Fiat. The above table clearly indicates major discerpancy in required and obtained values. The RH spider will need to be rotated clockwise by at least 2 turns and the LH by 1 turn to bring the caster to positive value. Also, I note that there is no perceptible difference between the initial and final values of camber and caster so I would conclude that you must have paid around 400 rupees for getting value of next to nothing. This is expected as most of the fellows don't know what to do in any case. Also, it seems that the last suspension job is not done properly, or the base chassis is misaligned. I need photographs of this car's engine compartment to comment further. Please post them.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Oh ! Then the first post of this thread would need slight correction. I will do the needful.

Regards,
Adheesh Parelkar
Quote:
The Clutch - Use A Good Msl Make Clutch With Original Actuating Links. There Should Be No Undue Clearence In The Links. Free Play Is Around 15 To 19 Mm.
the Suspension:
Most Important - Use Original Spider Assemblies Only - Nothing Else Will Work. Use New Control Arms And Thread The Spiders Without Any Clearence. Then Set The Camber To Zero And Caster To +2 Degrees Without Load (the Original Spec Is With Load But The Alternate Without Load Gives A Fairly Accurate Result).

Last edited by adheesh : 24th September 2009 at 11:32.
Old 26th September 2009, 11:57   #113
BHPian

instrument console

I have this instrument console that I inherited a long time ago, have fancied fitting it to my Padmini. It is made by Veglia, which model fiat did it belong to?

Cheers,
Attached Thumbnails
The FIAT 1100/Premier Padmini Technical Information thread-img_0341.jpg  

The FIAT 1100/Premier Padmini Technical Information thread-img_0340.jpg  

Old 26th September 2009, 12:03   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by boeuff View Post
I have this instrument console that I inherited a long time ago, have fancied fitting it to my Padmini. It is made by Veglia, which model fiat did it belong to?

Cheers,
This comes on a a SELECT/SUPERSELECT FIAT models 1959 through 1964.
Also seen on earlier imported Delites as well, but the calibration will be in MILES.
Old 26th September 2009, 12:13   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by President View Post
Also seen on earlier imported Delites as well, but the calibration will be in MILES.
The imported delights also has piano type switches instead of the chromed toggle switches

Regards,
Adheesh
Old 26th September 2009, 12:46   #116
Senior - BHPian

I have seen this type of switches in 1968 1100Ds
Old 29th September 2009, 11:05   #117
Senior - BHPian

I need information on Dellorto FRD 32 Carburettor.
Was it fixed as OE in any of Indian Fiats?
How good is the performance?
Is it just the replica of Webber?
Are they easily available?
Are the parts available for it?
And, how much can i pay for it?
One person who had preserved this carburator for long is willing to sell it.

Last edited by arun1100 : 29th September 2009 at 11:17.
Old 29th September 2009, 11:19   #118
BHPian

Quote:
I need information on Dellorto FRD 32 Carburator. One person who had preserved this carburator for long is willing to sell it.
Dell'Orto (its just Dellorto on the carb) carburetors were made in Italy and used to come on some few super selects in India. I wouldn't want to have one in my car as the parts (jets, washers, top packing, etc) is simply not available and would cause a reliability issue with the car. I strongly suggest that you stick to Solex carburetors and keep a good stock of its spares as long as they are available.

Regards,
Adheesh Parelkar
Attached Images

Last edited by adheesh : 29th September 2009 at 11:24.
Old 29th September 2009, 11:32   #119
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I need information on Dellorto FRD 32 Carburettor.
Was it fixed as OE in any of Indian Fiats?
How good is the performance?
Is it just the replica of Webber?
Are they easily available?
Are the parts available for it?
And, how much can i pay for it?
One person who had preserved this carburator for long is willing to sell it.
I don't know whether they were OE, but they defitnitely fitted on many cars in the 60s. Legend has it they were good on economy, but poor on performance. Parts for it will be non-existant. I do not recommend you using it, it only has novelty value.
Old 29th September 2009, 18:12   #120
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear all - Dellorto (or whatever) name it was known as was sold through shops in Opera House by shopkeepers who used to promise the world with it. All of them turned out to be lemons. Please do not waste your money. Please use Solex carburettor only (easier said than obtained!).

I was lucky. Last month I picked up one from the Nasik Chor Bazaar. It is a 1023 in pristine condition. I've fitted it on MRF6466 and finally solved the perennial problem of MRF6466 having a leaking carburettor.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks