Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th April 2017, 14:45   #1606
BHPian

Re: Mikuni carbruetor Conversion, the preparation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilangop View Post
Hi Gowtham,
Yes, bought a Mikuni carb. Did thorough cleaning and replaced gaskets. Running the same in my 118NE. This carb will be eventually transplanted into the PP in the month of June, while I am in TN.

Just grease the ball joint once again after 300-500 kms. It should be free by then.
-Ilango
I bought a grease gun hoping that I can do the greasing myself, but its a messy affair. I used it on Bajaj Classic SLs front suspension and managed to break the grease nipple head inside the greasing socket. And the places that do do greasing still, the grease quality is suspect - feels like maida paste
Old 18th April 2017, 17:34   #1607
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Gowtham,
Yes, bought a Mikuni carb. Did thorough cleaning and replaced gaskets. Running the same in my 118NE. This carb will be eventually transplanted into the PP in the month of June, while I am in TN.

Just grease the ball joint once again after 300-500 kms. It should be free by then.
-Ilango
can you please give the number of the NE Mikuni carburettor? or the venturi diameters ? Thanks in advance
Old 20th April 2017, 08:49   #1608
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay99 View Post
can you please give the number of the NE Mikuni carburettor? or the venturi diameters ? Thanks in advance
DID- 26-30 xxxxxx is all what I could figure out. 26 mm - dia of the primary side air passage, 30 is the dia of secondary side air passage on the throttle body. I am not able to locate any number for the carburetor body piece. Probably they are common across Zen, Esteem and 118NE. The Maruti carburetor is numbered DID - 24-30, meaning dia of primary side is 24mm. The jet sizes are 92.5 and 155 for Zen. However these values need to be calibrated while using the same carburetor on a Padmini. My 118NE seems to run lean with a zen carburetor with the above jet sizes.
ilangop is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2017, 13:00   #1609
Senior - BHPian

Re: The FIAT 1100/Premier Padmini Technical Information thread

Which is the Brand of headlights that came as OE on 1995 model PadminiS1? Is it Autopal? If it is LUCAS 700, then which is the correct bulbs for it 36t or 43t?
Old 11th May 2017, 17:02   #1610
BHPian

Team,

Does anyone have a spare PP engine in good condition?

Warm Regards,
GOutham
Old 14th May 2017, 21:53   #1611
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay99 View Post
Which is the Brand of headlights that came as OE on 1995 model PadminiS1? Is it Autopal? If it is LUCAS 700, then which is the correct bulbs for it 36t or 43t?
That would be Lucas 700 with Right Hand Drive written on the glass lens. The original bulbs will be spherical double filament 45/40W P45T.

Warm Regards,
Adheesh Parelkar

Last edited by adheesh : 14th May 2017 at 22:12.
adheesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2017, 00:24   #1612
BHPian

Quote:
Dear all,
Many thanks to the Fiat Guru for all his valuable inputs in my endeavour towards developing an adaptor for installing a Mikuni carburetor in a Premier Padmini.
With the preparation done during my previous vacation, I was left with only the installation job. The adapter, carburetor and accelerator pedal with cable were installed in no time with my cousin giving a helping hand.

Hoping to install a crank case ventilation system I picked with the push rod inspection cover from a super select engine lying with my mechanic. Swapping it was more time consuming than I had expected. I had to remove the distributor and the compressor bracket. Again, setting the distributor with no timing light was yet another zig saw puzzle.
Went under the car and installed the fuel return line.

With 4 days of work inside the bonnet, I totally relished the fruit of success. For now all crank case ventilation ports are plugged. Installed new spark plugs, new gasket for rocker arm cover and side door.

The starting, launching and cruising was super smooth. Loved every bit of driving with this mikuni system.

To do, during next vacation.
1. Relocate the fuel pump inside the spare wheel well.
2. Use metal hoses and reduce the length of rubber hoses used for fuel lines.

That's all folks.
Attached Thumbnails
The FIAT 1100/Premier Padmini Technical Information thread-img20170622wa0007.jpg  

The FIAT 1100/Premier Padmini Technical Information thread-img20170622wa0008.jpg  

The FIAT 1100/Premier Padmini Technical Information thread-img20170622wa0008.jpg  

The FIAT 1100/Premier Padmini Technical Information thread-img_20170620_125703.jpg  

The FIAT 1100/Premier Padmini Technical Information thread-img_20170620_125707.jpg  

The FIAT 1100/Premier Padmini Technical Information thread-img_20170620_125656.jpg  

ilangop is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th June 2017, 14:36   #1613
BHPian

Quote:
With the preparation done during my previous vacation, I was left with only the installation job. The adapter, carburetor and accelerator pedal with cable were installed in no time with my cousin giving a helping hand.

Hoping to install a crank case ventilation system I picked with the push rod inspection cover from a super select engine lying with my mechanic. Swapping it was more time consuming than I had expected. I had to remove the distributor and the compressor bracket. Again, setting the distributor with no timing light was yet another zig saw puzzle.
Went under the car and installed the fuel return line.

With 4 days of work inside the bonnet, I totally relished the fruit of success. For now all crank case ventilation ports are plugged. Installed new spark plugs, new gasket for rocker arm cover and side door.

The starting, launching and cruising was super smooth. Loved every bit of driving with this mikuni system.

To do, during next vacation.
1. Relocate the fuel pump inside the spare wheel well.
2. Use metal hoses and reduce the length of rubber hoses used for fuel lines.

That's all folks.
Dear ilangop
Why are the additional holes drilled in the air filter of your car.
I think it's not right to plug the crankcase ventilation system , rather you could have left it open for the vapours to escape.
Old 26th June 2017, 09:27   #1614
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARUN.V View Post
Dear ilangop
Why are the additional holes drilled in the air filter of your car.
I think it's not right to plug the crankcase ventilation system , rather you could have left it open for the vapours to escape.
Hi Arun,

The holes exist in all 118NE air filter boxes. Part of Nissan filter box design. No idea why they are present.

The Premier Padmini side door does not have any holes for the gases to escape. Only the Italian Fiat 1100 had them. So I believe there is not harm in shutting the holes for now.I got this cover from the scrapyard and swapped it here in place of the Padmini side door cover. When I find time, I ll install a PCV and route the hot gases back to the intake manifold.

-Ilango
ilangop is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2017, 15:07   #1615
Senior - BHPian

While browsing through some Australian Millecento's, I came across these two pics that show some additional parts (circled in yellow).
Fiat Guru's: can you throw some light on what are these parts?

The FIAT 1100/Premier Padmini Technical Information thread-boano_fiat_1100_sport_tv_195608.jpg
The FIAT 1100/Premier Padmini Technical Information thread-173200_0.jpg

Regards-Sonu
Old 2nd November 2017, 15:21   #1616
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariesonu View Post
While browsing through some Australian Millecento's, I came across these two pics that show some additional parts (circled in yellow).
Fiat Guru's: can you throw some light on what are these parts?

Attachment 1691830
Attachment 1691831

Regards-Sonu
The bottom circle on the first picture is the bottle coil that feeds the distributor.

Second one I think is the valve to control coolant flow for a heater core in the cabin. There is a coolant line coming out from that valve and going into the cabin. Looks like this model had hot air blower in the cabin.
SunnyBoi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2017, 16:49   #1617
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
The bottom circle on the first picture is the bottle coil that feeds the distributor.
Now am feeling DUMB , how could I miss that!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
Second one I think is the valve to control coolant flow for a heater core in the cabin. There is a coolant line coming out from that valve and going into the cabin. Looks like this model had hot air blower in the cabin.
Hmmm..., had never heard/seen about something like this.

Regards-Sonu
Old 13th November 2017, 16:40   #1618
Distinguished - BHPian

A comprehensive equipment list with differentiation between variants. Unfortunately not dated.

The FIAT 1100/Premier Padmini Technical Information thread-list.jpg
karlosdeville is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2018, 17:42   #1619
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
A comprehensive equipment list with differentiation between variants. Unfortunately not dated.

Attachment 1695748
Looking at the equipment list, this looks from the early 90s.
Old 5th January 2018, 10:55   #1620
BHPian

Apologies if this is the wrong sub forum but I am looking to acquire a Fiat Elegant if possible. Any advice or leads on where to begin my search would be much appreciated!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks